Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Do You Ever Question Reality?
    #4201935 - 05/20/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ya know... our world is fucking crazy.
There's all sorts of little things about it that make me wonder.  :ooo:
The fact that our planet has a Van Allen belt that stops dangerous radiation from penetrating our atmosphere
is certainly a lucky break for us and for life... :rolleyes:
The fact that from our point of view,
the diameter of the moon covers the same degree of the sky as the sun
is another one of these weird coincidences that has always bothered me.
Why are the sun and moon the same size from our point of view?  :confused:
Just another coincidence, science tells us. :shrug:
Then, there is the strange orbit of the moon, which keeps over 40% of its surface hidden from our view forever.  :stoned:
And finally, there is the fact that the moon and the earth are nearly the same size.
There is no other planet/moon combination in the solar system where the two bodies are so close in size in relation to each other.

What do YOU think about all this nonsense?  :crazy:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Do You Ever Question Reality? [Re: Adamist]
    #4202002 - 05/21/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There is no other planet/moon combination in the solar system where the two bodies are so close in size in relation to each other.

That could be one of the primary reasons we are on the Earth and not Mars.

Many scientists believe that the moon (and it's tidal force) is a pivotal reason life is here.

The tidal pressures from the moon help keep the core of our planet hot.....allowing liquid water to be here all the time.

That's one of the reasons they believe that we may find life on one of the moons of Jupiter. The tidal forces from Jupiter could help keep the core of a moon hot.....allowing for the formation of liquid water.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #4202006 - 05/21/05 12:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well. If none of that had existsed, the conditions probably wouldnt have been good enough to support life for us "humans". So, out of all the universe, this was a nice primordial soup. We became from this "magical" place.

You can say gods put it here, or god, or aliens. Sometiems i just like to consider myself lucky, not that i dont question where it comes from, ive come to accept a lot of things that are pretty amazing, even if it doesnt have an explanation.

Sometimes we think life is so long, that everything is just casually floating by. But in reality, all of this is happening in a fraction of a second in space time. From the origin of the universe if you "believe in the big bang" theory, this is such a small fraction of time.

We are literally a blink of an eye. Considering how large the universe is, and how many things we cant see, because it takes TIME for LIGHT to travel! Its crazy! All of what we know about how physics and what makes the universe work, could alter in a cosmic shift, or it could just slow down to an infitesmal point in space time, and we could float, in this solar system, in this galaxy, in the universe, forever.

Questioning "reality", for me, is just another way of me learning about my experience...understanding what is really making up my world.

It can be overwhelming, but ive learned how to use that "questioning" to really understand things. If you dont question whats going on around you, how can you learn, how can you progress?

Nature is filled with these mysteries. While sometimes it looks so untamed and wild, it looks so ordered and created, its like someone had to engineer it. But alas i digress, in knowing, that i dont know.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4202016 - 05/21/05 12:42 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The fact that from our point of view, the diameter of the moon covers the same degree of the sky as the sun is another one of these weird coincidences that has always bothered me.

They are not the same, but let's say that are 97% the same. How is that so much more amazing than if they were 88% similar. Not sure what meaning you are trying to wring out of this nor any of your other observations.

As the previous poster said, if conditions here were not conducive to life, you would not be making these observations.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Do You Ever Question Reality? [Re: Swami]
    #4202183 - 05/21/05 01:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I never said anything about meaning... I only wonder. :smile:

I don't claim to know anything, really. We are swimming in a sea of chaos. Everything we think we know is only relative to our perception, which is changeable. :shrug:

Quote:

if conditions here were not conducive to life, you would not be making these observations.

I know! Doesn't it make you wonder, Swamster? :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4202226 - 05/21/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The eyes, sight, and perception of the humanitary life forms (you and I) on this planet are illusion.  Remember, this life is just a dream.  To get caught up in the dream is just as bad as tabloid addiction.

The only truth lies within ourselves, through the Great Spirit.  To overanalyze this life is entertaining, but should be taken lightly.  Right Swami :wink:

Anyways, all of the answers to our questions of this illusion we call living on Earth, will be answered when our spirit leaves this temple.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Do You Ever Question Reality? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4202229 - 05/21/05 02:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I used to question reality all the time. By either disproving, discussing, or creating my own for the moment.

Might as well create your own,...
For a dream within a dream is still yet nothing but a dream...Only to wake up in another dream.

Dream on.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#4202232 - 05/21/05 02:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

all of the answers to our questions of this illusion we call living on Earth, will be answered when our spirit leaves this temple.

You mean like, when we go to sleep? :crazy:
I have a terrible dream recall ability...

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

#4202249 - 05/21/05 02:16 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Quote:

all of the answers to our questions of this illusion we call living on Earth, will be answered when our spirit leaves this temple.

You mean like, when we go to sleep? :crazy:
I have a terrible dream recall ability...

Nope, when we leave this lesson, and cross over into the spirit world, where we can finally become the teachers, enlightened... elders of light...

rather than children of curiousity :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4203446 - 05/21/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've been questioning reality since I was about 8 years old. I used to imagine that this life might be one long dream that I could wake up from at any moment. And of course, I still haven't ruled out that possibility.

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Do You Ever Question Reality? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4203523 - 05/21/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, the moon's a fair bit smaller than the Earth -- and I believe that Pluto and Charon are more of a 'match' to eachother.

The moon's orbit's not been constant. If I recall, it's very slowly moving further from Earth -- millions and millions of years ago, it would've been closer. And when the moon was brand-new, it would have been enormous (as well as its tidal pull on the Earth).

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
Re: Do You Ever Question Reality? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #4203647 - 05/21/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the moon and sun haven't always been so similar from our point of view.

using lasers and reflective surfaces on the moon, modern science has discovered that the moon is steadily moving away from the earth at a rate of an inch or so per year.

so back when the moon first formed it appeared much much bigger than the sun.

we just caught it at the right time. we're pretty much nearing the end of the era of total solar eclipses. in a few hundred years, maybe less, the moon will look smaller than the sun, and you'll still be able to see the outer rim of the sun during a solar eclipse.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Do You Ever Question Reality? [Re: BoneMan]
    #4210901 - 05/23/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BoneMan said:
the moon and sun haven't always been so similar from our point of view.

using lasers and reflective surfaces on the moon, modern science has discovered that the moon is steadily moving away from the earth at a rate of an inch or so per year.

so back when the moon first formed it appeared much much bigger than the sun.

we just caught it at the right time. we're pretty much nearing the end of the era of total solar eclipses. in a few hundred years, maybe less, the moon will look smaller than the sun, and you'll still be able to see the outer rim of the sun during a solar eclipse.

I think Adamist was referring to the 'naked eye'. ?

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4211612 - 05/23/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i question lots, and get slammed back into registering what is happenning on all the sense feeds into gestalt sequences.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #4211859 - 05/23/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Ya know... our world is fucking crazy.
There's all sorts of little things about it that make me wonder.  :ooo:
The fact that our planet has a Van Allen belt that stops dangerous radiation from penetrating our atmosphere
is certainly a lucky break for us and for life... :rolleyes:
The fact that from our point of view,
the diameter of the moon covers the same degree of the sky as the sun
is another one of these weird coincidences that has always bothered me.
Why are the sun and moon the same size from our point of view?  :confused:
Just another coincidence, science tells us. :shrug:
Then, there is the strange orbit of the moon, which keeps over 40% of its surface hidden from our view forever.  :stoned:
And finally, there is the fact that the moon and the earth are nearly the same size.

What do YOU think about all this nonsense?  :crazy:

Just all one big happy coinky-dink???  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #4215635 - 05/24/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In an infinite continuum there is infinite probability and therefore the necessary eventuality of life-sustaining conditions appearing in the universe. Here we are!

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4215651 - 05/24/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In responce to your title, ever since I was young, and the past few years everyday.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4215766 - 05/24/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
The eyes, sight, and perception of the humanitary life forms (you and I) on this planet are illusion.  Remember, this life is just a dream.  To get caught up in the dream is just as bad as tabloid addiction.

The only truth lies within ourselves, through the Great Spirit.  To overanalyze this life is entertaining, but should be taken lightly.  Right Swami :wink:

Anyways, all of the answers to our questions of this illusion we call living on Earth, will be answered when our spirit leaves this temple.

While I do agree with some of what you are saying from my subjective point of view. The tone of this post comes across a little too much like religious dogma. Too many certainties, to me as I read this. :heart: :mushroom2:

I have to go with Adamist:
"I don't claim to know anything, really." :thumbup: We all have developed our own viewpoint. And that's all it is as far as I can tell.  :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #4216873 - 05/24/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do I question reality? A little bit too much....I question "What if?" about a lot of things, and sometimes the thought of just waking up from a dream or somehow finding out that this life isn't real freaks the hell out of me. I guess the whole idea of this life really being fake is a whole lot for anyone to grasp.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Do You Ever Question Reality? [Re: Harbinger]
    #4218814 - 05/25/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do you even exist? How did you come into my reality like this?
Where did all these sentient life forms come from?
I don't know about you, but I didn't evolve from a paramecium from the ocean :tongue:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom