Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kratom, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
The Super Kratom Strains?
    #4007403 - 04/03/05 03:26 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Basically, I am approaching the different kratom strains with caution. I first tried kratom when Mr.kratom was running the large half price sales. I was very impressed and ordered more before the sale ended. Now I'm just starting to research the now offered "High Potency" Strains on many sites. As an example, a site is offering 3 types of kratom:

Original Strength Crushed Kratom - 65mg per 25g -
Super Strength Powdered Kratom - 300mg per 25g -

Has any one had experience with Super strength? Is it truly active in a dose as low as 3g?

Erowid has a new dosage chart up by they way. Just curious for any first hand accounts with the super strength varieties.

Edited by SourceLimit (04/04/05 12:16 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: SourceLimit]
    #4007464 - 04/03/05 03:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've tried some premium kratom before, that delivered great stimulant effects at 3g and opiod-like effects at 6g. I just put the kratom on the back of my tongue and wash it down with warm lemonade. I've never tried standard stregnth, but some people say they prefer it over super.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: Neon]
    #4008033 - 04/03/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Kkratom plants are of all the same potency. The difference being is that vendors selling alledged super strains adulterate the the powder with dilutants. That way you have a potent strain and/or an average low grade strain. In a way this is dishonest salesmanship. I have seen and chewed leaves in Thailand and throughout the southern region where the trees are common and the leaves are sold, it is always the same. Male addicts consume 20-30 leaves a day to maintain their work schedules.

there is no, "this leaf is better than this one because it came from the country and the other leaf was grown in the city."

mj

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: SourceLimit]
    #4008083 - 04/03/05 11:53 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I personally like the original strength (65mg/25g) better than the super strength (300mg/25g). Never tried the one with 170mg/25g.

The super strength is in fact much more potent than the original - mostly in stimulant effects.

For the narcotic effect i had to take 5g of it. This in amount of alkaloids is supposedly similar to 23g of the original. However  the narcotic effect produced by these 5g was less pronounced than that of 12g of the original.

[EDIT: If i was ever to eat 23g of the original kratom, i'd be tottaly fucked. Probably puking my guts out for 2 days or so  :crazy:]

If you want to use it strictly as a stimulant get the super strength, 2 big capsules (~1,5g) full of it produces a subtle stimulated and motivated happy feeling.
If you want to use it as a full on euphoriant/narcotic get the original strength, lots more bang for your buck IMHO.

The super strength is noticeably active in as low as 1g but in comparable amounts it's not as euphoric and narcotic as the original strength kratom IME.

Edited by esin (04/03/05 11:54 AM)

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4008321 - 04/03/05 01:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Kkratom plants are of all the same potency. The difference being is that vendors selling alledged super strains adulterate the the powder with dilutants. That way you have a potent strain and/or an average low grade strain. In a way this is dishonest salesmanship.

Here we go again  :rolleyes:

Please, do not ever take this man seriously when it comes to kratom.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #4008365 - 04/03/05 01:55 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A bit of clarification about the different grades of kratom:

Commercial grade is an unsorted mix of all the harvested leaves. The premium grade is similar except there is a minimum size limit for the leaves (The older and rougher leaves are more potent). The super strength also has a minimum size limit, and comes from especially potent trees only.

This grade system is unique to the supplier of all of the "Internet kratom", of course it does not apply to the indigenous kratom business in Thailand. I agree with esin that commercial is the way to go though. I think the classification system has it's flaws, I've had commercial grade that's been stronger than a certain batch of "super".

There are vast differences in kratom plants when it comes to potency, and the Thai farmers are well aware of this. They propagate only from their very best trees, and they consider growing from seeds a complete waste because of this.

Edited by Young_but_cool (04/03/05 03:53 PM)

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4008396 - 04/03/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Young_but_cool said:
Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Kkratom plants are of all the same potency. The difference being is that vendors selling alledged super strains adulterate the the powder with dilutants. That way you have a potent strain and/or an average low grade strain. In a way this is dishonest salesmanship.

Here we go again  :rolleyes:

Please, do not ever take this man seriously when it comes to kratom.

haha, it's kinda comical though... cus it happens so often now. there are a few things you can rely on mjshroomer to come and say stuff like this about.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: Locus]
    #4009303 - 04/03/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Mjshroomer I have a ton of respect for you and your work but I`m gonna have to agree with Young on this one.

Anyway....does anyone know how one could obtain a living plant of this super strain?

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4009360 - 04/03/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Young_but_Cool explained what is premium and super kratom. It's not just some special strain.

Potency also depends on the age of the tree and eventually stress.

The 'rifat' clone is known for being potent. Grow one to maturity and you might have 'super-kratom' in a few (many) years :wink:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: esin]
    #4010250 - 04/03/05 10:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Every time I see buyers in Thailand buying leaves they are always the larger leaves, not little leaves. Mixing all together is just a way of making abn extra buck which is what it is really all about. In the long run it is cheating people by marketing a mixture and a higher grade.

The internet already has had enough of people cheating buyers of such leaves with phony sales and extracts and mixtures which were not what they were suppose to be.

Like 15 different orange juices in a super market. Its still all orange juice.

I am sorry but I really believe that about the leaves. In the long run, the addiction wll show up after a few years of steady and /or progressive tolerance of use.

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
    #4011644 - 04/04/05 05:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ive come accross that most prefer the powders compared to extracts. Possibly there is other akloids that are lost when one makes extracts?

Edited by SourceLimit (04/04/05 12:18 PM)

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #4011675 - 04/04/05 05:48 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Like 15 different orange juices in a super market. Its still all orange juice.

Yeah but Tropicana not from concentrate with lots of pulp is the best.  :grin:

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: The Super Kratom Strains ? [Re: lonebuddha]
    #4011850 - 04/04/05 09:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

mmmm Tropicana:drooling:

mjshroomer: The grade system is a reality that applies to the international kratom market. We may agree with it or not (I'm not so sure I always agree with it), but we'll have to accept it as long as it's a monopoly situation. It's all an invention of two Americans running a reptile park in Bali, so of course traditional market in Thailand is a lot different. But they still have a lot of traditional wisdom about kratom potency, so obviously the weaker leaves will be discarded. Bottom line is, no not all kratom is equal strength.

That aside, I think your kratom pics are the best on the Internet and I hope you've submitted them all to Erowid  :smile::thumbup:

Edited by Young_but_cool (04/04/05 09:11 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #4012266 - 04/04/05 12:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I sent him some months ago.. I think they put up some of the tree images. cannot recall. He still hasn't fixed the link to the San Pedro pictorial there.

This year I am going to get a lot of seeds to bring back instead of the leaves. I made some teas when I had the flu. Helped me get through it a lot but i watch those kinda drugs.

Ott is someone who loves opiates and related harmaceuticals as being the warmth of the earth.

I have about 60 or so images of the leaves. have a picture of me on them with a local lady chewing betel. But i am fat. Didnt realize how much until my friends took a opicture of me floating like a whale in the Hin Lad water fall pools. But i have lost fifty or so pounds since last summer so i am not fat anymore, a little large maybe, but i can now get into my good clothes agin.

Have some Kratom articles somewhere by karl jansen. He turned me onto the leaves back in 1991. Can't get to them for a few weeks, also have a pile of slavia botanical articls.

I and a friend are putting together, from all of erowid source and my imput, as well as hers, a short article on Kratom for cannibis Culture mag. just kinda a review.

have a shroomy day

mj

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
    #4013227 - 04/04/05 05:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Speaking of seeds....

A vendor just started supplying MS seeds, I was wondering if anyone has tried these? Would it be okay to post a source for something like this?

--------------------

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A Flag
    #4013395 - 04/04/05 06:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

there usually pretty casual about sources espesially if our vendors here do not supply them.

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

#4016265 - 04/05/05 10:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chemical_Bliss said:
Speaking of seeds....

A vendor just started supplying MS seeds, I was wondering if anyone has tried these? Would it be okay to post a source for something like this?

If you are talking about MJB, I think his seeds are over a year old. Not too good odds for germination  :frown:.

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
    #4016621 - 04/05/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yes young, I am indeed talking about MJB. It even says on the site that viability is questionable, even then I plan on ordering some of his T. Iboga seeds, I may pick up a pack of the Kratom seeds just to see what happens.

I`ll post if I have any sucess.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4016684 - 04/05/05 12:36 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Iboga is another seeds that needs to be very fresh in order to really germinate I belive, good luck!

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4018143 - 04/05/05 06:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
In the long run, the addiction wll show up after a few years of steady and /or progressive tolerance of use.

I've wondered about kratom addiction. Does anybody have more info on this (other then the info mjshroomer has posted)?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Kratom, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden