Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Live kratom source
    #3314428 - 11/03/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Been looking for a source for a plant all afternoon to no avail.

Iamshaman carries them but it's currently out of stock, as are all the other live plants i seen in their site.

Shaman Australis also sells live plants, but the page seems to be quite outdated (says 'Orders accepted now - plants shipped mid April 04. '). Besides, i'm in europe and don't know if the plant would get here alive.

So does anyone know of any vendor that carries live plants (or T.C. plantlets/cuttings/seeds) and ships to europe?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineErythroxylon
Stranger

Re: Live kratom source [Re: esin]
    #3318620 - 11/04/04 06:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was looking for the same thing. So bump :smile:

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Erythroxylon]
    #3385607 - 11/19/04 07:32 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

First post, so hello to everyone;)

I also live in Europe(Belgium)and also am looking for live kratom plants.

I bought one on ebay 3 weeks ago(it was still possible); seller told me the plant was shipped(USPS, first class airmail) but a few days later mailed me to say that customs destroyed the plant because it didn't have the proper phyto certificate.
Seller told me he shipped a second plant but also never received it. He told me customs destroyed it again. He doesn't want to send a 3th plant and promised me to refund my money. I don't know why customs might have done this since it's not an illegal plant. Maybe the seller was just lazy?

Again searched the net and on an Australian discussion forum I saw a post of a guy that sells kratom plants. He cannot accept payments via paypal/creditcard so I mailed him the money. A few days later somebody told me that it's against customs law to send money by mail to Australia.(either dunno if this is true) Ofcourse I didn't take a 'normal' envelope to send the money but took those envelopes used to send cd's and sealed it with some ducttape. If there's one envelope that catches the eye(of our friends at custom), then I'm afraid it will be mine.
If all goes well, my letter will arrive in a few days. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I searched a bit longer than an afternoon;) and also found a German site that sells kratom(Mytragyna Speciosa) seeds(30 seeds for 5,50 euros):
http://www.samen-und-pflanzen.de/index.h....htm#anker_2556
They ship worldwide but site is in German language so it might be very diff. to find your way.
I ordered a package and 2 days later it arrived. Sh*t is I wasn't at home but my neigbour told me a van from a delivery company stopped at my place to deliver a package. They dropped a note to inform me that they will be back Monday.
Don't know if these seeds are real/if I can grow them. I've got 30 chances to find out;)

So: At this moment I still don't have any live kratom plants and I'm still hoping for the Australian plant to arrive(& survive) and curious about those seeds.

If I ever get the chance to grow kratom then I don't mind to ship it to other ppl in need. Don't need to make any money out of it.
If I ever get the chance to grow kratom then I will give a plant to my neighbour and my mother as a Xmas gift (for decoration).

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Live kratom source [Re: GrendL]
    #3385749 - 11/19/04 08:01 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

I'd be very carefull about any alleged kratom seeds. They are only viable for a short while and there are many ripoffs. Good luck on your seeds. BTW, Grendl was a monster in an ancient tale, wasn't he? Killed by Beowolf or Gilgamesh

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlineethnobotany
Student

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3386101 - 11/19/04 09:20 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

I have kratom tree source, that has a agricultural license. pm sent

Edited by ethnobotany (11/19/04 09:41 PM)

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3388142 - 11/20/04 08:30 AM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Stonehenge: it was Beowulf.

About the seeds:
- being a lot of fake stuff on the market: On erowid there is a picture of kratom seeds; gonna use that as a reference to compare my seeds when they arrive.

- Are you sure they aren't viable for a long time? I've
read somewhere that they can be stored for several months and still have a chance of > 50% that they will sprout. (I am very new in these things so I'm sure of almost nothing and I guess I have to find out)
Keep you guys informed. Thx for the tips.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3388223 - 11/20/04 09:27 AM (12 years, 18 days ago)

GrendL, your plants didn't have the phytosanitary certificates, that's why they were destroyed. I think they call it 'CITES' here in the EU.

Welcome to the Shroomery and the Ethnogarden, BTW :laugh:

Thanks Ethnobotany :wink:

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3399206 - 11/23/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

My package of 30 seeds arrived yesterday. I compared them with the picture of kratom seeds on erowid and they look exactly the same.(can post a pic of them if anyone is interested) Guess I can close the 'Are my seeds real'-issue;)
On to the next one; 'Germinate kratom seeds'. I haven't found any info how to germinate kratom seeds but I guess the most common method(s) can be used. Tips are always welcome.

Esin: Got my money refunded today from the US-seller($70). But I'm gonna concentrate my attention on the seeds for now. If only 1 starts growing then I'm started...

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3399987 - 11/23/04 08:50 PM (12 years, 14 days ago)

Cool!
Watch out for other mitragyna species, though. The 'mellow gold' stuff seeds are very similar to kratom seeds according to shaman-australis.

I'd get it ID'ed online and/or at the local university once they germinated.
Do you know if that german site owner speaks english, btw?
I'd like to have a word with him but although i had 3 years of german in school i never learned how to speak it properly :crazy:...

Let us know any news about the seeds though, i'm sure there might be more interested folks...

Ethnobotany PM'ed me a supplier but he doesn't acccept intl. order that are less than $100 in value. The agricultural certificates and shipping charges are about $50.
So, i'd have to spend at least $150 to get the species, which i can't really afford at the moment. Especially because i don't have any guarantee that the plants will arrive in perfect conditions, according to the vendor's disclaimer.

If all else fails, i'll give my responsible friends a nice big dose of kratom tea to turn them on :wink:
Hopefully they'll want a plant or 2 too and we can split the CITES/shipping charges making it more affordable.

There isn't a single european ethno vendor that carries the plants...At least that i know of. I reckon someone with TC experience in europe could earn good money and karma propagating the plant and supplying it here before it goes illegal. Una @ mushmush?

InvisibleShamansPalace
Tree Hugger

Loc: www.ShamansPalace.com
    #3402667 - 11/24/04 09:31 AM (12 years, 14 days ago)

yes they are very similar. A little while back i had someone sell me a few ounces of what was sworn to be true mitragyna speciosa seed. Im told its Parvifolia. WHich is suppose to be mellow gold. Am i correct. ? I havent even tried to germ them although i hear it is an active species too.

--------------------
Shaman's Palace
FREE Gift's with EVERY ORDER !!
QUICK shipping !10% Shroomery Member Discount!
www.ShamansPalace.com
Questions - Sales@Shamanspalace.com

Edited by ShamansPalace (11/24/04 09:34 AM)

Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Live kratom source [Re: ShamansPalace]
    #3406150 - 11/24/04 11:41 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

the reason they destroyed the plant is because you need to have some sort of license to ship a live plant out of the united states, for whatever ecological reasons.

i am in the process of procuring a direct source in laos. not of live plants but perhaps seeds and leaves :smile: wish me luck

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: whitegreyhat]
    #3406611 - 11/25/04 01:18 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Esin: I don't know if that site can handle English customers. I never contacted them.
I know basic German language and that was enough to place my order.
I also read that they sell kratom plants(for 25 euro) but they aren't in stock and you have to pre-order them (expected arrival May-05.)
As for the seeds: thanks for the tips everyone. if germination succeeds I shall try to get them identified by somebody (there will be enough volunteers;))

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3406621 - 11/25/04 01:22 AM (12 years, 13 days ago)

whitegreyhat: Yes, I hope you have any luck!;)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3411842 - 11/26/04 12:31 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

If anyone is interested in ordering from that german site but needs help with the language, i can gladly help out.

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: neuro]
    #3412072 - 11/26/04 01:50 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

This store is specialized in seeds & plants and they sell them mainly to grow plants used for decoration and not as psycho-active herbs.
I think they don't even know what else kratom can be used for.

If you scroll down in the link I provided a few posts ago, you can see that they both sell seeds of 'Melow gold'(Mitragyna parvifolia) and kratom (Mitragyna speciosa).
This gives me more confidence that the seeds are real. (can't image that a seed-shop should sell the same seeds for diff. product)

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3422268 - 11/29/04 08:22 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Maybe it is the real thing. I think i'm gonna order a pack soon. Any sprouts yet, GrendL?

Thanks neuro, i'll ask if i need any help from you  :smile:

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3422902 - 11/29/04 02:04 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

No, no sprouts yet but nothing to worry because this is only the 6th day after I started.
I cannot find any info on kratom seeds but I guess they will sprout between 14-20 days.
Keep ya informed.

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #3526668 - 12/21/04 06:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GrendL said:
No, no sprouts yet but nothing to worry because this is only the 6th day after I started.
I cannot find any info on kratom seeds but I guess they will sprout between 14-20 days.
Keep ya informed.

Well, its been about a month. Any luck on those Kratom seeds?

OfflineAelph
Playing in thedirt again

Loc: Metro Hotlanta
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Frappy]
    #3528300 - 12/21/04 05:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Frappy said:
Quote:

GrendL said:
Keep ya informed.

Well, its been about a month. Any luck on those Kratom seeds?

This is one I'm interested in hearing. If they have viable seeds.... I'm gonna have to add some to my collection.

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Aelph]
    #3530356 - 12/22/04 04:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

GrendL has only 8 posts. I'm afraid he hasn't been back since posting about the seeds... and may not return. :cry:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden