Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Smoking Kratom
    #3189455 -

How come I hear of most people taking kratom orally rather than smoking it? I plan to quit smoking weed for a month and during that month time substitute kratom for it. But of course I won't be smoking Kratom every day or even every other day, just maybe 1-3 times a week for a month. Which would be better for a smoking method, kratom resin extract or kratom dried leaf? Is smoking kratom harsh on the lungs (I have a water-pipe to use, so will it still be harsh)? I was thinking that like just 1 bowl of dried kratom leaves grounded up would be a low-medium dosage to smoke. I'm not sure how much I'd need to smoke of the resin to reach effects though. any help or advice is appreciated. :mushroom2:


--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3190750 -

The best method is to chew the leaves without the center stem or make a tea. Theree to 7 dried grams would be a good healthy doe. Check this forum for pictures of sees, flowers, leaves and tree from Thailand. I would avoid so-called kratom extracts. most are not real kratom.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3190780 -

Taking Kratom orally is far more efficient. If you want to smoke it, maybe make some tea beforehand. Then you'll be sure to be well dosed.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3191024 -

I have never had notable success smoking Kratom or extracts that I have made.


--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3191193 -

Quote:
I would avoid so-called kratom extracts. most are not real kratom.




Not true any more. The "mellow gold" mis-representation era seems to be definately over, I don't know of any company that labels that crap as kratom any more. The Balinese extract (boiled down infusion of commercial grade leaves) definately works, but it tastes awful and its strength does not surpass the higher grades of leaf, so I dont see any real reason for using it.

Smoking (or vaporizing) stronger extracts may very well work, but smoking the Balinese extract does not seem like a good idea.

Edited by Young_but_cool (09/28/04 11:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3193349 -

What about smoking the leaves? I'm just looking for something to basically give me an opium like high or something of that nature, instead of smoking bud.


--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3193442 -

Why must you smoke it? If you absolutely must then just follow my suggestion above because smoking it usually doesn't work very well. If you make a tea you will get opium like effects though.

Well I suppose if you get leaves or extracts that are strong enough then it would work if you just smoked it, but I haven't come across that yet myself. I haven't heard of anyone smoking and getting any good results actually. But hey, try it out yourself. Try different kinds. If it doesn't work smoking, make some tea.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Edited by Locus (09/28/04 11:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3194965 -

Yeah, stick to Locus advice. I can't see any advantages of smoking it, but then again I'm not a big fan of smoking anything anymore (I've switched to vaporizing when it comes to cannabis. All advantages.). And you should also review your motives for quitting cannabis, kratom is more addictive than weed, so if it's not solely out of legal reasons, switching to a more addicting drug is not recommended.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3195671 -

I have some kratom resin that I've smoked. It's fairly mild when smoked, nice but small effects. I should try eating some or making a tea.

Stoney

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3196853 -

Well I basically just want to stop smoking bud to clear my system. I want to smoke something other than marijuana and yes I know Kratom isn't that great of a choice due to being more addictive. That's just all I can think of smoking besides MJ.


--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3197575 -

Are you looking to just smoke something or smoke something and get effect? Cause you could jsut buy some herbal smoking blends if you wanna smoke something, they usually taste pretty good. Going completely sober for two weeks isn't a bad idea either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: neuro]
    #3198068 -

I'm looking for something to smoke comparable to an opium like high or mj high.


--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoking Kratom [Re: Locus]
    #3198454 -

Have any of you smoked the premium stuff? I wonder if that would work at all.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kratom extract - Would this work? Twirling 1,544 4 09/16/04 08:58 PM
by Anonymous
* Smoking Salvia Extracts THE KRAT BARON 1,240 8 03/11/04 03:57 PM
by HarveyWalbanger
* Has anyone smoked Kratom here? michotim002 1,611 8 11/11/04 10:59 PM
by eve69
* kratom resin extract?
( 1 2 all )
Vvellum 4,842 20 02/10/19 07:45 PM
by Herbgrower12
* Kratom question sakura 1,521 5 04/16/04 12:45 AM
by sakura
* Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom!
( 1 2 all )
Twirling 6,707 21 10/22/04 07:07 AM
by UnderTheRose
* Kratom
( 1 2 all )
shaganoz 3,805 25 12/08/02 11:00 AM
by leafblowerz
* Kratom - This plant appears to be recreational!
( 1 2 all )
Ego Death 7,426 29 08/20/04 09:14 PM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
10,258 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.