Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom!
    #3104479 - 09/07/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I managed to get some ultra high quality kratom from Nature?s Mind (http://www.natures-mind.com) and just today tried it out. I?ve tried kratom in many different forms, including powdered, resins, and simply straight up eating it like hay, and the most consistent method I?ve found is powder it and then boil it down in water.

Preparation: I don?t currently have a scale, so I simply filled my coffee grinder with a small handful and grinded it up into a fine powder. From there, I emptied it into a tea strainer and placed it in about 1 liter of water. I then boiled the water, changing the temp to make sure it didn?t boil it over. This is very important; either pick a large enough pot, or keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn?t bubble up too far. The idea is to boil off the water to leave a consumable amount afterwards. Once a fairly small amount is left, either drink what?s left or set it aside and repeat with another liter of water. If you choose to add more water, then once you reduce it again, combine the two and either drink or boil it down even more. I prefer to have about 16 oz to drink to balance between not being too thick and volume of water. The liquid is of course, extremely bitter, but not so much as you might expect.

So on with the actual experience! I was able to drink it down on my way to school, since I got a ride to class. Amazingly, it only took a few minutes to kick in. While it was initially difficult to tell if this was psychosomatic or real, I soon felt more on coming euphoria. Whereas a drug like MDMA comes on like a rush, kratom slowly shows you sensations and heightened awareness of different events that?s going on. For instance, an itch that I had on the back of my head actually felt good for once! During my class, I felt more interested in what the teacher had to say then I normally would. This is a required computer literacy course, so most of it is stuff I?ve learned a long time ago, but I could appreciate how well designed a lot of the internet is.

I should note that I am a very experienced opiate user, and usually it takes me more to get me high then most people would. While it took me a bit more kratom then most people probably would, it was still fairly strong. Kratom has a mix of opiates with a touch of psychedelia. I actually normally feel an anxiety in social situations, like school, but I actually felt very relaxed and most importantly, secure in who I was. I realized a lot of that is the need to keep myself safe by feeling as if I have to know what to say for others to like me. Once I realized that need on an emotional level, I was able to let it go and just simply be who I was without caring how people interpret me.

This type of revelation is only half the work to make it stick. Part of the goal of entheogens is to increase the quality of life while NOT using them, and I try to make sure that I follow up by using the knowledge when sober.

The nice thing about kratom, is that it adapts to whatever you?re doing. I had enough energy to walk to and pay attention in class, but euphorically sedated when I had a moment to myself to enjoy. I think this plant offers a lot to those who try it. This stuff was especially strong, much more so then even resins that I?ve tried. In small doses too! Highly recommended!

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: Twirling]
    #3105103 - 09/07/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes!! Awesome information Twirling. I just tried Kratom too. Very goood indeed :o)

I ate 7g with a spoon..then made tea with 10g.... Kratom is very strong, 7g and it felt like I smoked opium & drank some poppy tea. I can see how it can be addicting..mjshroomer wrote about people being addicted very good info if you search for it.

l8ter folks

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3105135 - 09/07/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Good experience report.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: neuro]
    #3105210 - 09/07/04 07:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks guys! I think there is a lot that this plant can do, it was almost theruptic. I'm sure there is a darker side to it too, as you said, there are plenty of people addicted to it. I treat it like I would a psychedelic, something to be used in an almost ritualistic context. It will be awhile before I use it again simply out of pre-caution. I like to switch often to keep the experiences fresh and free from any sort of psychological dependance.

Treated with respect, it's a great plant.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3105247 - 09/07/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i know you have exp with drugs, but how smart is it to dose on anything "On the way to school"?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: PriitK]
    #3105336 - 09/07/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

so is 7g of powder a typical first dose? i have been looking for good dosage information for some time now...

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3105983 - 09/07/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
i know you have exp with drugs, but how smart is it to dose on anything "On the way to school"?

Normally I would agree with you, but this was a college course on a subject that I already know as well as the instructor does. Today we actually covered what anti-virus software is, to give you an idea. The extent of my class participation is raising my hand and saying "Here" when the instructor calls my name.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3105994 - 09/07/04 09:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilygirl said:
so is 7g of powder a typical first dose? i have been looking for good dosage information for some time now...

It depends on how good the stuff you got is, which is probably why doseage information is hard to find. 7 g would be a good dose on the commerical stuff, but too much with the premuim.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#3106026 - 09/07/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

really.. different people can handle their drugs different than others.. Some would think that SWIM was crazy with all she does.. SHotting up in grandma's bathroom at christmas time..

"so is 7g of powder a typical first dose? i have been looking for good dosage information for some time now... "

Well Psilygirl. NO. Its not .. Not with good kratom. in my opinion 2 grams of good kratom should be a good dose to start with.. If the kratom is only medium quality or you want a VERY strong nod then go with the 7 grams.  If the kratom is kinda of shitty and cheap then 10-14 grams is required.. all the way up to 20 grams.. I guess im just lucky to have the good stuff right now.. I'm not sure if I would rather have none to offer at all or offer the inferior stuff. I wish the market would be cleansed and purified.. At least there isn't that Mellow Gold shit still going around.. not to be knowledge at least.. What you gotta watch out for is Extracts of kratom... I have came across several GOOD extracts but there have been lots of low qaulity ones too. Just know your supplier well and inquire with them before making a purchase. If they are a generous vendor, i have only met a few mean ones :smile: , then they will be honest upfront and offer you a refund if you aren't satisfied.

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3106070 - 09/07/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, MJ mentioned something about the REsins in a Marketplace post.. and this was my reply.. I decided to also include it here:

"MJ I too have noticed this surge in "resin" extracts. I dont know why they call all these resin's as many of the plants they make these "resin" extracts from do NOT produce resin or latex. It sounds like a catchy marketing scheme to the gullible that you and I need to expose so the unintellegible stop being preyed upon.

The idea of resin is just a fun little tricky word play. I wouldn't be surpised if it was simply an infusion boiled down into a sticky mess. A lot of the extracts that are resins , are from plants they do not even know the active constituents too. If you dont know the chemicals in the plant, how the hell are you going know what they are soluble /insoluble in.. and how are you going to EXTRACT this material!? its terrible what people will do and say to make an extra buck .. Never underestimate the gullibility of your customers I suppose.

Anyways , I've encountered a lot of different kratom extracts lately and very few of them were of quality. I recommend to stick with trusted sources of leaves... "

--------------------

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#3106429 - 09/07/04 11:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the info!  i recieved it in a trade a while back, and only as of late have i been interested in actually trying it.  unfortunately, the guy i got it from hasnt been online in months, sent him a PM and am patiently waiting... i'll start with 2 g and go from there.

thanks all! :sun:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3107086 - 09/08/04 03:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Psillygirl.. I'm not sure but if we are thinking of the same person.. his guy owes me some shit.. I think we are because I recall sending you some stuff for him to be generous and then the fellow bailing on me on a future trade.. If you think this is the guy could you hit me up with a PM? Thanks.. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3107444 - 09/08/04 08:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Twirling says:
Quote:

Kratom has a mix of opiates with a touch of psychedelia

There are no opiates in Ktratom. Read Murple's paper posted at erowid.org.

A normal user of Kratom in Thailand east from one to 20 oer more leaves per day./ They do not eat the stipe of the leaf. They shread that center spine out, roll the leaves into a wd and put it into their gums the way the coca yuses use the leaves in Peru. then when they are high form it they spit out the leaves never swallowing them if possible. Just like betel nut.

I justrt recently posted images here in this forum of Kratom tree and leaves to show size. I never weigh them but a dried leaf would not be more than a gram or so by weight.

I have no scale so i cannot tel you there weight. Int he mean time here is a picture of various sized leacves. The larger ones sell in Thailan for 100 to 200 baht. That is two to five dollars per leaf.

Heroin is now 1500 baht a dose on the streets in bangkok. That is$37.50 a doser. Use to be ten years ago a whole gram was $40.00.

Kratonm is addicting but less addicting than heroin or opium. IT is used in Malaysia as a substitute for methadiobne which is considered the most addicting drug int he world.

mj'
'
Here is a shrunken image. I won''t have a jpeg compressor until the end of the week or so so I cannot post any nmice laerge images in small kb sizes.
Found a few I already shrunk.

Here is the average leaf chewed by a Thom user in southern Thaialdn. And as I mentioned they chew 20 or more leaves a day. They do not chew the stem or the stipe which runs the length of the stem.

Here are a grouping of leaves of various sizes.

The two plastic containers in the middle contain the seeds of the tree.

And here they are some of them int he first stages of drying.

mj

7 grams dried is a quater of an ounce. That would be a good amount for someone who is into downers and heroin.

mj

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3107651 - 09/08/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Twirling says:
Quote:

Kratom has a mix of opiates with a touch of psychedelia

There are no opiates in Ktratom. Read Murple's paper posted at erowid.org.

I don't think Twirling meant that in a literal sense.
I think he was just giving an analogy of the effects.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: mycoguy]
    #3107690 - 09/08/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You guys have really restored my interest in Kratom.. I believe this stuff could really help out the addicts. A little sceletium up the nose and quid of kratom in the mouth.

MJ, The kratom I have is 2 grams a dose. I'll weigh that out and see how many leaves it is.. and this will be a dose... err wait, its chopped not whole leaves.. so I will have to see how many teaspoons the dose is.. Anyways, I think I may try the sublingual method.

I tried chewing on 5 fresh kratom leaves once and caught a nice short lived buzz but truthfully I wasn't in a good environment and ended up spitting the leaves out early. It was really bitter too.

I'm going to try it now, i'll let you guys know how it is.

Also, I think he <i> was </i> talking about the quality of the experience when he refered to the opiate psychedlia. Kratom is like the Psychedelic opium and Syrian Rue is like Psychedelic Valium.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3107848 - 09/08/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I was speaking about the experience, not chemically.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3107960 - 09/08/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I tried some kratom "hash" recently. I believe it was just an infusion boiled down to a solid mass. It was not strong at all, it was a mild buzz. I kind of like it, it doesn't get me messed up but it's just a little buzz at the back of your head. I have leaves from my two trees but haven't tried them yet. I may try chewing them and see how that goes. I got the hash from a member of this board.

Stoney

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3108374 - 09/08/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

so how does one tell the quality of a leaf :confused:

is it colour?  fresh better?  age?  im totally lost.

does this tree readily seed?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
    #3108710 - 09/08/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Syrian rue, psychedelic valium? Really? Ive only gone on one psilohuasca voyage, but ive never taken rue alone. Could you elaborate?

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3111858 - 09/09/04 01:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ya, Entheomation is a great guy, I think I was his 4th order when he started his online shop.

When I ordered a small ammount of Kava ,he sent me a free gram of salvia extract(5x) and some free poppy seeds.

Those seeds were compared to others in a lose experiment(grandma planted a bunch of seperate strains) his strain had the most amazing seedling growth, the difference was VERY obvious, these seeds were kicking ASS in terms of genetic superioirty.

Whatever happened to him??????????????????????

He doesnt post here anymore from what I cant tell. :frown:

To bad to, he was a piller of the shroomery, and the reason his seeds are so good and his kratom is awsome is because he actually KNOWS what he is doing, and I dont think its all about the profit with him.........I think alot of its the love :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3112305 - 09/09/04 03:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

edit: Thanks YBC. I PMed him and let him know what was up :smile:

Edited by Aneglakya (09/09/04 01:44 PM)

OfflineUnderTheRose
Re: Experience Report: The Wonderful World of Kratom! [Re: PriitK]
    #3263830 - 10/22/04 07:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PriitK said:
Yes!! Awesome information Twirling. I just tried Kratom too. Very goood indeed :o)

I ate 7g with a spoon..then made tea with 10g....

l8ter folks

So what?s your fave? Is the raw meat preferable to the tea?
Did you leave the plant material in the tea when drinking?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds