Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Calea Zacatechichi

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

kratom resin extract?
    #3293501 - 10/29/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

has anyone tried iamshaman's Kratom Resin Extract? found here

any good experiences?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: kratom resin extract? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3293522 - 10/29/04 01:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

It works. Feels 'cleaner' than the leaf but no as pronounced in effect. Its really hard resin so you'll need a hot substance to dissolve it in. I prefer the leaf

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3293531 - 10/29/04 01:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

go with the leaf

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: kratom resin extract? [Re: gdman]
    #3294558 - 10/29/04 06:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

eh, I cannot stand the taste of the tea.

Anonymous

#3295185 - 10/29/04 09:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

neither can I. I prefer the powdered leaf straight onto the back of my tongue and chased with water. Resin is too hard and doesn't fully digest, wasting a lot of it.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: kratom resin extract? [Re: Organic]
    #3295216 - 10/29/04 10:08 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

reallyu? the tea taste fine compared to other things...

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Anonymous

#3295235 - 10/29/04 10:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the first "kratom" tea I had was that mellow gold shit, the bunk kratom that went around for the first few months of it being on the market. that stuff made me gag and gave no effect, I guess I associate the kratom tea taste with it since they are similar. its got nothing on calea z tea or pedro syrup though

powdered and washed down is convenient and easy for me although I have friends that simply cannot swallow the dry powder and need the tea

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3296555 - 10/30/04 08:56 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What are the effects of Kratom?

Is it potent like weed?

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: kratom resin extract? [Re: Ego Death]
    #3296584 - 10/30/04 09:18 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

overall - like a low opiate dose. stimulant at los doses, and opiate like/more sedative at high doses. do a search.

I don't mind the taste of the tea much. theres stuff that's worse.
and the powder is pretty hard for me to get down by itself and juice or whatever. so i pretty much always go with a tea.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: kratom resin extract? [Re: Locus]
    #3296667 - 10/30/04 10:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

just had some lovely morning tea :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3296675 - 10/30/04 10:23 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

boy oh boy :smile:, this new batch is definitly better

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3297012 - 10/30/04 12:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, I cannot stand kratom tea. Vomitose.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #3297083 - 10/30/04 01:08 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

haha, nice :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3301479 - 10/31/04 05:38 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have two Kratom extracts that were sent to me as a sample from someone.

The one was powdery but still gooey enough to mold into a ball, it was light brown. Didn't do too much but had noticable effects. It got moldy quick.

This other stuff i have is like glass shards or rock candy that is dark red but not completely opaque. I smoke it and it bubbles and crackles, produce a pretty nice tasting smoke and has better effects than the other stuff. Not as strong as tea though (which i think tastes comparable to pod tea). If i had a digital camera i'd takea picture. I went to Iamshaman's site but i didn't see pictures of the extract to compare it with.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: kratom resin extract? [Re: neuro]
    #3302327 - 10/31/04 09:42 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Neuro,

I got my resin acetate extract from IAMSHAMAN, and it was exactly how you described your extract (almost the color and opaqueness of a root-beer barrel candy)....  The resin package says "2gr for a light experience, and 4gr for a more intense experience"....  When I first got mine it was plyable in consistancey, but it sat for a month or two and it did seem to dry out and got very crunchy, like breaking candy....  I ingested 6gr of the resin with only moderate effects last Friday night, so I am thinking that maybe time diminishes it's effects....  I had tried a 4gr dose the previous week with very little effects, and that is why I tried the 6gr dose...  I also take an opiate med in moderate to low doses daily, so this might also have an adverse tolerance effect on me with Kratom....  :shrug:

I am going to try the powdered Kratom leaf that everybody keeps giving rave reviews about....  I was hoping that Locus's "Kratom Vendor Comparisons" thread was going to give some more helpful comparisons/reviews, but the thread seemed to take a little different direction....  :frown:

Good Luck All...!
>^;;^<

Edit:  It sounds like the stuff that got moldy on you might have been a water extracted Kratom....  I have read that if you make the tea with a lot of leaves, and simmer down till the water is just about gone, you can make a "resin ball" that you can just swallow - as opposed to drinking the tea....  Maybe that would explain why it got moldy on ya~....?

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Edited by GimpyTomCat (10/31/04 09:49 PM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: kratom resin extract? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3302428 - 10/31/04 10:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

>>got my resin acetate extract from IAMSHAMAN, and it was exactly how you described your extract (almost the color and opaqueness of a root-beer barrel candy).... The resin package says "2gr for a light experience, and 4gr for a more intense experience".... When I first got mine it was plyable in consistancey, but it sat for a month or two and it did seem to dry out and got very crunchy, like breaking candy.... I ingested 6gr of the resin with only moderate effects last Friday night, so I am thinking that maybe time diminishes it's effects.... I had tried a 4gr dose the previous week with very little effects, and that is why I tried the 6gr dose... I also take an opiate med in moderate to low doses daily, so this might also have an adverse tolerance effect on me with Kratom....

That is most likely the source of my sample extracts or the source of iamshaman's extract or whatever. I've never bothered to try to eat the extract, but perhaps i should to compare. The drying out of the extract is probably good. I'd venture to guess that the Kratom Acetate is a little hydroscopic or wasn't completely dried out and wherever you left it, it dried out or no water got in and it. I doubt it's dimished in potency so long as the color hasn't radically changed except whatever refraction was due to water.

>>It sounds like the stuff that got moldy on you might have been a water extracted Kratom.... I have read that if you make the tea with a lot of leaves, and simmer down till the water is just about gone, you can make a "resin ball" that you can just swallow - as opposed to drinking the tea.... Maybe that would explain why it got moldy on ya~....?

That's probably right. I wasn't told how these extracts were made or even what they really were other than two different kratom extracts. What you said makes sense however.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3315620 - 11/03/04 05:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

man the more I drink this stuff, the more I can't stand drinking it :lol: (probably because I'm upping my dose at times), oh well, I deal with it :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #3316419 - 11/03/04 08:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Cool thing is, kratom probably gets more potent with time and "improper" storage. The oxidation process of mitragynine results in mitragynine pseudoindoxyl, which is 20 times more potent than morphine. Since it's a 100 times stronger than mitragynine, it is likely kratom gets stronger with age and bad handling. I don't think anyone knows the exact qualitatively differences between mitragynine and mitragynine pseudoindoxyl, but it is a potent agonist of mu and delta opiod receptors. I would assume the pseudoindoxyl makes up some part of the experience already though.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: kratom resin extract? [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3317678 - 11/04/04 12:41 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

>>I would assume the pseudoindoxyl makes up some part of the experience already though.

Most likely.

I wonder if an extraction using peroxide in the mix would help facilitate things.

Edited by neuro (11/04/04 12:42 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Calea Zacatechichi

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden