Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
hanging in US??
    #3965311 -

Is it true that there are still places in america where they hang as a death penalty?


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3965366 -



--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3965389 -

2 questions:

1.What is firing squad?
2.How does gas feel? Like chocking to death or like falling to sleep?


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3965780 -

1.What is firing squad?

That's when they put you up against a wall and a line of soldiers with rifles shoot you on command.

2.How does gas feel? Like chocking to death or like falling to sleep?

Gas chamber execution is by hydrogen cyanide gas. This gas interferes with the electron transport system in cellular mitochondria involved in oxygen metabolism.

The net effect is that the person feels like he's being suffocated even though he has plenty of air to breathe. It's a pretty horrible way to die. :frown:

The most humane way to be executed, IMO, is by Lethal Injection. In that case, you are first put to sleep with a strong sedative, then you're killed.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: Diploid]
    #3965836 -

Shooting a man in the head is also one of the most pleasant ways to die, exept for the fear before the deed.

You know, there are some idiots in the surrounding willages here that still kill pigs with a knife. Most of them will say that it is a pleasure to do that. The pig is slain with a knife and screams out loud. I guess the same kind of mentality has invented electric chair and gas chamber.


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: Diploid]
    #3966661 -

After the administration of the sodium thiopental, the line is flushed with saline, pancuronium bromide is administered to paralyze the diaphragm and lungs, the IV is again flushed with saline, and finally a lethal dose of potassium chloride. Due to the rapid administration of these drugs, the inmate can still be conscious for the administration of potassium chloride, which induces cardiac arrest.

I recall watching a television special on the death penalty that followed the last few weeks of a condemned man's life. The last words of the executed man were "Kinda bad, isn't it?", murmured as he slipped into death.

I cannot believe that lethal injection is painless. The instantaneous death of a proper hanging seems far more humane.


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3966761 -

Someday, if I get executed, I want to be shot in the head with a 12 guage slug at close range.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: TinTree]
    #3967982 -

Due to the rapid administration of these drugs, the inmate can still be conscious for the administration of potassium chloride, which induces cardiac arrest.

Injection of potassium chloride normally causes pain as the heart stops, but it's not likely inmates being executed feel this or anything else.

The typical therapeutic dose of pentothal is on the order of 100 mg. During an execution, several thousand mg is administered. It takes maybe 30 or 40 seconds for the venous circulation from the arms to reach the brain. When the  massive overdose hits the brain, the person fairly instantly falls into a deep coma and is totally unaware of the remainder of the procedure.

If I had to choose my method of execution, lethal injection would be my first choice.  :syringe:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (03/25/05 09:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3967999 -

this might be getting off the topic..but death by slow torture is rapidly coming into vogue in the US...


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3968068 -

Are you sure? Look at the number of states having lethal injection


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3968404 -

lawful murder doesn't make sense to me. why is killing people in certain situations ok when killing them in others is bad? Then again, I don't understand prison either. If someone breaks the group rules, he should be expelled from the group, not be put in a group sponsored container.

I don't remember signing any paper saying that I won't or am not allowed to do drugs/kill people/drive drunk, whatever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: fearfect]
    #3969204 -

Where would you banish those people? where would they go?


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3969231 -

another country? maybe set up some island for people who deserve the death penalty in our law code, and send them there instead of killing them. once out of the country and deprived of citizenship they could be labeled a threat and if they attempted to return we could treat them like an enemy.

i think the whole idea of government ownership of land is bogus too. if i buy land it should be mine. and if i so choose, i should be able to take my land and withdraw from the government and territory which surrounds me. i should be able to give up my rights that this government supplies me with. why do i have to be in your club if i don't want to? and how can a government own a piece of soil that i paid for? It really shouldn't belong to anybody. ramble ramble

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: fearfect]
    #3969305 -

You can't just put them on some isolated island to hunt for animals, a lot of them would die. You would have to build some kind of shelter where they would sleep and eat, and you would have to bring them food, medicine etc...when you add all that up, you get what prisons are today. And a lot of prisons are actually on islands too.


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3969410 -

So when's the abolition of execution in the USA going to be for?

Seems like that's what happens when democracies evolve and progress...no?



just as an observation, I'm very stoned, and reading about executions disheartened me and gave a me a strong emotional feeling of disgust...It just seems too inhumane of a thing to do...i dunno


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3969453 -

Actually a lot of democracies didn't have death penalty in their history, at least not in periods where they were claimed democracies.

P.s. Exclusive, do they have death penalty in france?


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3969512 -

no its been abolished, the last time someone was executed in france was in 1977.

I think all countries have practiced execution before they claimed to be democracies, and lots of them continued to execute even after that.

Today, the only democracy that executes people is the US.

Its a serious matter when you see that a nation, that serves as a role model for many others, is behind time in the domains of fraternity and respect of the human dignity.

Maybe its got to do with the young age of the US..after all its "only" a 200 years old Nation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3969539 -

In those 200 years US has been a democratic country in its structure.

For example, my country has had democratic western model for only 15 years, yet I don't know anything that you can do in US that you can't do here, it's pretty much same as anywhere in the free world.
Before 1990 It has been socialism here.
Although it has been one of the most flexible and democratic socialisms in the world compared to Cuba or SSSR or China there still is a difference between now and then.







--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Edited by OldWoodSpecter (03/25/05 04:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3969550 -

all talk and no walk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: hanging in US?? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3969575 -

I see you have responded before I finished editing my post.
I can't remember what was in the first version...
so feel free to reread my post


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lethal Injection and Hygiene Swami 929 14 03/26/05 03:05 AM
by Sclorch
* how can people hang on to life when they know they're dying? chodamunky 694 8 05/16/04 10:20 PM
by Positronius
* Duality paradox
( 1 2 all )
SeussA 3,110 27 01/02/03 04:52 PM
by Aura
* good and evil
( 1 2 all )
wordreality 3,976 32 12/29/02 11:48 AM
by silversoul7
* Why no girls?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
RebelSteve33 5,495 122 12/29/02 11:28 AM
by Anonymous
* Planet X & The End of the World
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,074 32 06/15/02 10:55 AM
by Anonymous
* Taking responability for your food...
( 1 2 all )
upupup 3,458 30 12/11/02 10:25 AM
by upupup
* Do you belive you are your brain?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
David_Scape 5,425 85 12/24/02 06:16 PM
by Swami

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,611 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.