Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesleepingbigguy
homosapien
 User Gallery

whats wrong with society
    #3921513 - 03/15/05 03:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was raised in a pretty strict household. I was always taught respect, especially for peers and the opposite sex. Now that i'm getting older, my predisposition only makes the world more and more ugly. I've dated one girl seriously, first relationship, failed, learned something bout my self. 4.5 years later i haven't had a realtionship until now and I just feel so out of touch with reality every time I meet someone. In my little world, it's just a respect issue not to have sex with everyone you meet, not to mention a health issue to. Seems like everyone hides behind pop culture and does as they please, they drive around with their jesus fishes and bracelts then fuck like animals whoever their significant other is. Is there anyone in society today that feels one should not sleep with whoever is convieniently their boy or girl friend. don't get me wrong I need sex in my life but I don't care to develop a care for someone then get snuffed like you see so much for me therer is much more than just a physical hunger that is being met but I don't find that in the real world people say "oh i love him or her" they think they do but if they did wouldn't their relationship last more than 1-2-12 months. I'm getting older and the girls i have opportunities to date have had like 5,6,7++++ partners and I just don't want to be a part of it I wish i felt different, I wish i could be like everyone else but i would feel like less and less of a person and one can't live life like that. I guess my problem is that I don't think there are any people out there anymore like me and I guess I strive for a mutual bond on this issue with a spouse. yeah I've partied, since i was 14 an now im 23 haven't had any party fucks nor do i want any. Seems like anyone who is asthetically pleasing is a slut. M I wrong? or does nobody care anymore?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: whats wrong with society [Re: sleepingbigguy]
    #3921625 - 03/15/05 03:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You're looking in the wrong place.

Water seeks its level. Look for a higher water table.  :smirk:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineJROS14
Protege
Loc: SF, CA
Re: whats wrong with society [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3922079 - 03/15/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you don't need to have sex with a girl to be in a relationship with her.

--------------------
**GRoUP HUG**

Offlinesleepingbigguy
homosapien
 User Gallery

Re: whats wrong with society [Re: JROS14]
    #3922164 - 03/15/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm saying it seems that nobody cares about sex as being sacred, it's like a handshake if you will in todays world. sucks because I find it sacred

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3922233 - 03/15/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hang out with hardcore religious people if you want to, they probably hold similar views.

Or just deal with the fact that the world isn't a fairybook romance novel.    :shrug:

OfflineToker5
fungi

Loc: south west
Re: whats wrong with society [Re: Boom]
    #3922282 - 03/15/05 06:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You hit the nail right on the fucking head sleepingbigguy. I feel the same way, but I bet there is some girl out there who has the same view point as you. So start looking.

--------------------
why cant we all just get abong?

InvisibleDragonaut

Re: whats wrong with society [Re: Boom]
    #3922356 - 03/15/05 06:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

people should just fuck themselves, it's easier. you get what you want and you dont have to invest a lot of time or money like you do in a relationship. plus, you wouldn't have to worry about being "safe".

"Im so clean cut / and I just wanna fuck some slut" -- I Love Living In the City, Fear

"I pull my pud until it bleeds / I masturbate on toilet seats / Girls can't give me the satisfaction / I fuck my fist with a rage of passion" -- I Wanna Fuck Myself, G.G. Allin

--------------------
:dragon:

Edited by WI_Shroomer_Skater (03/15/05 06:38 PM)

OfflineToker5
fungi

Re: whats wrong with society [Re: Dragonaut]
    #3922413 - 03/15/05 06:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

people should just fuck themselves, it's easier. you get what you want and you dont have to invest a lot of time or money like you do in a relationship. plus, you wouldn't have to worry about being "safe".

Theres a 3% chance you could get syphilis, but your right. Theres no shame in masturbaiton unless you get caught.  :stonedjerk:

--------------------

InvisibleDragonaut

Re: whats wrong with society [Re: Dragonaut]
    #3922468 - 03/15/05 07:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If I got caught, I'd be all like:

"What? What's your problem? Yeah, I'm jacking off...so what? Go away and stop looking at me, PERVERT! No way am I stopping now, I'm just getting into it."

--------------------
:dragon:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3922490 - 03/15/05 07:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Welcome to the challenge of finding a faithful mate for life.

I'm basically holding the same perspective as you based on what I read in your post there. I am a Christian and I want a Christian wife. I don't want to even remotely risk having children out of wedlock because I don't want to be guilty of incorrectly raising a child, nor do I want to raise a child after divorcing the mother. I also am quite paranoid of STDs. Statistics are alarming. Most people would be utterly dumbfounded if they knew just how many people have herpes (not to mention the other common stds).

So what are you going to do? Get depressed? That's not going to help us. Here's my current plan of attack:
1. I'm going to slowly get myself in a financial position to take care of at least a future wife and one child.
2. I'm going to try my best to befriend people with similar interests and beliefs and hope that I will learn more about picking my mate.
3. I'm going to be patient. One day at a time. Yes, I get frustrated. Yes, I have impulses. Yes, I can manage these feelings and await a healthy way to express these feelings.

We are not so holy that we should think of ourselves as "clean" and think of those who more easily jump under the covers as "unclean." That doesn't work either, and its not honest.

We simply have to exercise patience and execute good timing in order to stumble upon the women who would be best suited for us.

OfflineToker5
fungi

Re: whats wrong with society [Re: World Spirit]
    #3923476 - 03/15/05 10:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Is there such thing as a woman like that? From what I hear girls are more sexually aggressive. Does anyone have tips on how to find, or have found girls like this?

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
    #3923613 - 03/15/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This thread inspired me to sign up to these threads once and for all, so, I'll just get the 'Hey guys' out of the way.

Your post pretty much mirrored my own thoughts.
Thank goodness there are some people like me who can look around anywhere and actually see the crap modern society has turned human relationships into.
A friend of mine is the prime example of exactly the type of person you are referring to; she describes herself as a 'serial monogamist'. In other words, tramp in denial (a new boyfriend every month).
I too want to find a pretty girl that I am completely head-over-heals in love with, and her with me, and spend the rest of my life with. But the sad fact is, relationships have been turned into a game, and men are no more than fancy accessories for girls to look more trendy, and women no more than something to 'fuck'. Meanwhile, you have other chaps on these boards contemplating suicide over a girl.
I've just chosen to sit out of that 'game', cause it's not one for me to play.
At one time I would look at a girl's rear in tight jeans, and think "That is one nice can", now, I just see it as shameless self promotion.

All I can recommend is that you just cease trying to play that game, (It's a very cathartic and enlightening experience) and wait till you meet a girl who has joined you on the bench.

--------------------

OfflineToker5
fungi

Re: whats wrong with society [Re: Minstrel]
    #3923679 - 03/15/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Right on man (welcome to the forum), it is a game that I wont get. I hope there can be girls who can join the bench, but is there such a thing?

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: whats wrong with society [Re: Toker5]
    #3923817 - 03/15/05 11:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Go to places where intellectuals are... or those who are more interested in improving rather then promoting themselves....

"The Higher Water Table"... If you're in a bar... don't expect more then a shag...

Other then that... lace an add into the personal something of the nature of:

Single man seeking a woman not self absorbed, shallow, etc..

Not many people on benches till they are older, perhaps you might be after someone more mature... (Look for an older woman perhaps)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineToker5
fungi

#3923835 - 03/15/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Is there any lady's in the shroomery? If not we need to recruit.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: whats wrong with society [Re: Toker5]
    #3923983 - 03/16/05 12:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yup, a lot actually, go to the pub and make a post, ask for the ladies to post :wink:

Note: Most of the posters will be from the OTD posting photo-shopped images...

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3924326 - 03/16/05 03:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Go to places where intellectuals are... or those who are more interested in improving rather then promoting themselves....these people usually aren't very good looking.....so they are easy to pick up and string along....

Offlinesleepingbigguy
homosapien
 User Gallery

#3924886 - 03/16/05 10:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Go to places where intellectuals are... or those who are more interested in improving rather then promoting themselves....

"The Higher Water Table"... If you're in a bar... don't expect more then a shag...

I guess the amount college dominates my life, I haven't found these places. Where do the intelects hang? I don't want people thinking i'm a purist bible thumper, i smoke pot, get drunk once in a great while, but have realized that self control over all these things makes me feel like more of a person and just expect the same out of someone else.

Offlinesleepingbigguy
homosapien
 User Gallery

Re: whats wrong with society [Re: World Spirit]
    #3924933 - 03/16/05 10:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
Welcome to the challenge of finding a faithful mate for life.

We are not so holy that we should think of ourselves as "clean" and think of those who more easily jump under the covers as "unclean." That doesn't work either, and its not honest.

We simply have to exercise patience and execute good timing in order to stumble upon the women who would be best suited for us.

I agree totally, and i don't htink of my self as clean, in fact i know that, but i just wish more people would realize that and try to improve society for once, for the "minority" you could say.

It's just a frustrating game to play. I think of my self as being, decent looking, but as a guy it's different. Girls who have any looks have had the pick of the litter always pampering, catering and basically worshiping them. Had i experienced this I sadly would more than likely be more of a part of this frustration. Luckily in my view I didn't experience this and now pushing that boulder to the top of the hill that keeps getting farther and farthere away.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3925113 - 03/16/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I know exactly what you are saying, guy! I'm 23, too, and have only had one sex partner in my life (my last girlfriend, we dated for a little over a year). As far as girlfriends go, I've only ever really had two and both of them were long-term relationships (first was 3 years, second was 1 year). I haven't even fooled around with anyone other than these to past girlfriends. Yeah, sex is great and all but I don't consider it something that I need to have in order to life a full life, and I certainly don't have any urge to go out and sleep with a girl who I don't know EXTREMELY well first. This is just the way I am, probably beacuse I was raised this way (Chivalry isn't dead, no matter what they say), but also because I choose to be this way.

And then we have the rest of society, and you are entirely correct: sex is rampant (not NECESSARILY a problem...but it is in our society), respect is almost non-existant (this is what makes sex a problem in our society), and in general most people come accross (to me) as just wanting to get their quick jollies without ever thinking about the price.

Don't change who you are just because it is hard to live AS you are in this society. That would be a major sell-out. I say you remain as you are, and just keep searching for that special someone (you WILL find her...just don't sell yourself short!).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale