Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Why the hell do i think sex is wrong?
    #1892190 - 09/07/03 11:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

alright heres the background, i turn 20 at the end of the month, and have had about 3 little relationships here and there, nothing too serious. part of the reason i havent had a relationship is because i am afraid of sex. this fear is has two parts to it. one is std's and aids which scare the fuck out of me, cuz i dont want to die, and secondly i seem to think that sex is wrong.? i dont know why, but every chance i get to get laid i pass up.
i want to have sex because i think it is somthing i need to do to move on in my life.
yet at the same time PART of me dosent want it to be meaningless.
yet i thinkk that the fear must be conquered through the act of sex so that i can have a meaningful relationship.

ARGH!
can someone help me with this?>

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1892241 - 09/07/03 11:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

personaly...i think the world would be a much nicer place if there was no such thing as sex. i fucking  hate it, but i like everyone else get horny, and give in.
and having a  meaningful relationship dosent' mean you have to have sex. personaly my perfect ralationship consists of no sex at all, just a best friend, who you can have some cuddles...but we're not in a perfect world. :frown:

i think mabey you should jsut find someone you really connect with. mabey you just have to be with them for a long time. wait a year, 2 years even. i think if you can hold a strong relationship for that long, with no sex. you've really got something speical. and most likley by then you'll just realize that, that person is the one you want to be with. and you have to be able to talk to them about this too. if your scared of std, mabey just go get tested togeather, even if there is no chance in hell of you having something, it would probably make your partner feel a lot better about it too.

just a thought :smile:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: soylent_green]
    #1892287 - 09/07/03 11:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah the testing thing i have thought of and agree with. but theres still the 2nd issue

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #1892340 - 09/08/03 12:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

are you a man or woman?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #1892344 - 09/08/03 12:06 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Were you raised in a highly religious household?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: Adden]
    #1892420 - 09/08/03 12:26 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

man,
i was raised in a religous household, although not that much, i dont go to church anymore. although i think god might look down on me for having sex
oi this has caused me so much greif

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #1892429 - 09/08/03 12:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ok...WHY do you think god would look down on sex?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: CleverName]
    #1893095 - 09/08/03 05:52 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

okay, you must understand that i am not sure of which form or religon god exists in. i only know he exists through the natural beauty around us. "he" may be the father of jesus or he may be a creator which plays no part in our day to day lives.
the christian side of me says that god would look down on you for having sex outside of reproduction,

yet my scientific side says that it is obvious that tab a was ment to go into slot b, its the one thing an alien could figure out in a second by comparing male and female bodies, its practically color coded, it obviously feels good, and that in itself shows that it should be done. so why not?

being that i am on a slightly shaky religous footing this is kind of a bitch to sort out.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1893224 - 09/08/03 08:20 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

check out alan watts' wonderful book:
nature, man and woman
~
... & don't feel that you have to jump right into it (sex) asap... if & when the time is right, well, then it will happen...
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #1893228 - 09/08/03 08:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Being raised catholic i too dealt with that internal dichotomization between Love and Sex, it took me quite a while to bridge the two and fuse them back together the way(imo) they were meant to be in the first place, that early childhood negative imprinting can make quite the neurological rut in your pysche as that is when you are the most vulnerable/impressionable, i know that from experience....

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous #1

#1893231 - 09/08/03 08:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

lets pretend god exists, for a moment.

he created you. with a penis. and females. with vaginas.

he wants you to use them.

also, dont worry so much about stds/aids/etc. you shouldnt be fucking anyone you dont know well enough to know if they have diseases. i'd hope.

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

Loc: Lancaster (Uni), Darlingt...
Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: ]
    #1893405 - 09/08/03 10:41 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with immaculate.  As long as you use protection and are with someone you know and trust you don't have to worry about STD's and aids.  Sex is great, and people have different ideas on it -  some people don't put too much emphasis on it (like me).  Don't get caught up in the religious POV about whether it's wrong to enjoy it, remember procreation is ALL about sex but it's also about having an orgasm!  Otherwise our bodies wouldn't let us have them :wink:. I know this is a personal question - but do you not masterbate?

UH

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference - Bill Hicks

Edited by unlikelyhero (09/08/03 10:43 AM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: unlikelyhero]
    #1894647 - 09/08/03 04:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i flog the dolphin, a bit too much, sometimes i think its wrong too. i think what freakquilibrium said is most of the troubble, all that imprinting at a young age reeally burned into my head. shame.
argh, i just wish i had a close female friend that i trusted enough to have sex with so i could just get it over with.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

Loc: Lancaster (Uni), Darlingt...
    #1894764 - 09/08/03 04:56 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You shouldn't view it as something you've got to get over. You're supposed to enjoy it, not fear it! I understand what you mean tho, when I started wanking I felt really guilty (brought up Catholic strangely enough) but I reckon if you have the strength of mind to justify doing that to yourself then sex really shouldn't be a problem.

UH

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference - Bill Hicks

Anonymous #1

#1895620 - 09/08/03 09:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

why do you think sex is wrong?

and not just... 'i was raised that way'... what, according to your own personal beliefs, leads you to think that sex is wrong?

Offlinereal_corona
Real Corona

Loc: Alaska
Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: ]
    #1895940 - 09/08/03 10:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sex is only wrong if you are doing it with a child or against someone's will. In fact if most of you read the bible there is nothing in it about having sex before marriage or having sex only for procreation. The sex before marriage part came from a story about a man claiming his wife was not a virgin, and when it was proven she wasn't she was killed for shaming her father. It had more to do with sleeping around in his house than the sex itself. THe other part came from the middle ages when the pope was trying to control everyone in Europe. But I understand that you may feel a block when it comes to sex but I think that if you wait and find someone you really care about then you it will come Naturally and all the fear will melt away. And on the humorous side if you are really desparate lots of booze helps.

--------------------
That explains why you're looking at me like I just took a giant dump on your front lawn.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: real_corona]
    #1907587 - 09/11/03 11:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

dont worry man. you are in the age of depression and sexual paranoia. most people dont talk about it, and some lie to cover it up. You dont need to be out 'bangin hoes' or what not. There is no rush. The first time is the scarriest! dont rush yourself, or do it for the wrong reason, wait till you find someone who you say "I want to have sex with this person" about. Someone you can feel comfortable around, whether you are a complete fuck up, or a god in bed. Someone who loves you for who you are, and not how good of a fuck you are.. Then my friend, you will have reached a good relationship that most people cannot attain.

You are who you are. Remove the society from the situation, and seclude the 'you' and work from there. You have the power to do anything you want. Dont think you want something you dont, because of what you think you should want. Ya know? go with the flow. be unique. find a good relationship with a person you trust. May take years, but its gonna be worth it.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Anonymous #1

Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: tak]
    #1907681 - 09/12/03 12:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

19 year old virgin? HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Anonymous #1

Re: Why the hell do i think sex is wrong? [Re: tak]
    #1907695 - 09/12/03 12:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

nicely put :thumbup: 

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1908361 - 09/12/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

you think sex is wrong because you're a frickin prude :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

heh hey i'm just joking man - whatever floats your boat, I say! stop worrying about it heh

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being