Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
people, to talk to
    #3776808 - 02/13/05 11:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how many of you all have actual friends that you can sit down and talk to about anything without worrying about judgement or them talking to other people?

I have no one.. I have plenty of friends, but over time i've learned that i can't trust these people with my innermost thoughts, or trust at least that they wont talk about it and possibly make judgments behind my back. I've nevre really had anyone that I could let shit out with for a long time, i miss having that kind of connection, but i can't find anyone i trust.. its killing me.. i have people online i can talk to, hence making this post, but thats not the same, it doesn't really count. no offense... i dont know, life is fucking lonely.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: people, to talk to [Re: vivid]
    #3776889 - 02/14/05 12:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My ex-girlfriend is kinda like that for me. I can talk to her about pretty much anything in my life, unless it's about her, in which case I need to be careful not to say anything hurtful.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3776912 - 02/14/05 12:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Things seem always to be changing with stuff like this. Sometimes there is a person who you can trust, a few months later the situation might be changed and they might not be there for you. The good news is that there is always the possiblity that you'll find someone to open up to again.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: people, to talk to [Re: MOTH]
    #3777647 - 02/14/05 07:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

got a bunch now that i think about it

small percentage of all my friends though

good friends are hard to come by, when you find them dont let go

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Edited by Slipknot420 (02/14/05 07:45 AM)

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3777831 - 02/14/05 09:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have a few people I can do that with .... On the other hand all who consider me a friend have that in me. I can and do listen and conversate without judging.

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: people, to talk to [Re: JettaJay]
    #3778131 - 02/14/05 10:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I know how that is man. You just got to keep trying to meet new people. Don't expect to connect with someone right away, but after you know them, you will know if the connection is there.

Don't be afraid to talk to strangers. Sometimes you can find that stranger whom you can dump all of your thoughts onto and they won't mind. I just started a job as a waiter at Denny's (which sucks, but the moneys good and there are lots of crazies that come in, so it stays interesting) and there are so many nutballs that just talk to me like I was there best friend. Sometimes it's annoying or awkward, like when I'm trying to be all cheery, pouring coffee, and they just bust out with "My sister died yesterday...". I don't mind talking serious, but it's hard to switch gears like that...

Oh, yeah. To you canadians who come to america, servers here don't get paid minimum, we get paid below minimum and have to compensate w/ tips. And even if you're poor as fuck, at least leave some change... DON'T BE A DICK, ALWAYS TIP!

peace

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3778417 - 02/14/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The people I consider my friends (as opposed to the MANY aquaintances I have) are all people who I can say ANYTHING I want around without fear of being judged for it. They all know and understand that I am likely to say something wierd now and then :smirk:

My problem is finding people to talk with, as opposed to talk to. :frown:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineloving_hippie
Loving
 User Gallery

Loc: Sarnia, Ontario
Re: people, to talk to [Re: trendal]
    #3778901 - 02/14/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i have a friends that i can really talk to especially my cousin. dont forget that there r people in your family you can talk. they have either been through what your going through or they have known people. but i hope u feel better man.

peace and love

--------------------
"Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. Take it as it comes."--Jim Morrison

:flowerchild: :heart:Peace Love Death Metal:heart::flowerchild:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3779036 - 02/14/05 03:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I have friends like that......my problem is finding girls like that...it's just not happening.  :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: people, to talk to [Re: trendal]
    #3780475 - 02/14/05 08:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
The people I consider my friends (as opposed to the MANY aquaintances I have) are all people who I can say ANYTHING I want around without fear of being judged for it. They all know and understand that I am likely to say something wierd now and then :smirk:

My problem is finding people to talk with, as opposed to talk to. :frown:

You can say that again. If you choose an isolated path expect, well, isolation!

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3780724 - 02/14/05 09:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is fuckin lonely dude.

The only person you can really trust, is you!

I have a friend who understnads this ^. We very good friends and we can talk about the backstabbing we've done to each other. We evolve and keep talking.

There are good people out there but nobody is ideal because nobody is the same!

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3780727 - 02/14/05 09:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is fuckin lonely dude.

The only person you can really trust, is you!

I have a friend who understands this ^. We very good friends and we can talk about the backstabbing we've done to each other. We evolve and keep talking.

There are good people out there but nobody is ideal because nobody is the same!

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #3781690 - 02/15/05 12:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't have a freind like that either. But I have my cousin whos more like my bro that I can trust and be totally open too.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: people, to talk to [Re: barfightlard]
    #3781734 - 02/15/05 12:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have this type of relationship with two friends, one male, one female... i consider both of them my siblings, and they are the same way... funny thing is i'm white, one is mexican, the other is indian/pakistani lol... very interesting when we walk in somewhere and introduce each other as brother/sister.. also, i'm very fortunate that i have this type of relationship with my parents as well, no one i have ever met has had a relationship as open with their parents as i do mine... lucky me i guess, just my .02 :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: people, to talk to [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3781999 - 02/15/05 01:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I completely understand. I often hear the, "I've never told this to anyone" thing but I rarely ever say it. I like being the guy that someone can feel comfortable telling anything, but I have pretty bad social anxiety and I just don't feel comfortable truely opening up to people. Along with the anxiety alot of it is the fact that there are few people that I feel have a strong enough character to open up to.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: people, to talk to [Re: Twister]
    #3784022 - 02/15/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't have a single friend like that, and quite frankly it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the fact that I don't have a girl like that, and probably never will.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3785176 - 02/15/05 06:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have only one that I met online who lives in austria. I became good enough friends with him that i have traveled to see him there and he will come here in april. All my other friends that i know in person that live around here are just like whatever to me. They aren't deep and they're just not able to talk about shit other than just general crap, you know. I'm lucky I found this one friend, because he's the only person I consider a real friend.

S.R. .. I definitely would like to find a girl like that. I fear that I won't ever find one either.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3785190 - 02/15/05 07:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i know how you feel vivid. thats one of the reasons i want to move out of tucson...all my friends i had here are either moving away, or turning out to be worthless pieces of shit. ive spent alot of time in this forum....posting my problems on a message board rather than talking to a real live person because frankly, the real live people around me kinda suck.

and even though its not quite the same, feel free to hit me up any time you want to talk. :heart:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals