Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
strange yellow-gilled blue staining mushroom
    #374585 - 08/19/01 02:42 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Today i found this one mushroom picture below growing from a tree stump sort of thing here in florida.

It was a really fragile mushrooms as you can see it broke into small pieces very easily.

The gills stained Blue.
Also some parts of the gills were a mix of blue and blue/greenish.
The top of the cap did not stain any color after bruiseing it with my fingernail.
I cracked open the the stem to check for bluing and it was just white inside, and did not stain any color whatsoever.
I swiped the gills with my finger to check the spore deposit color and it seemed to appear a yellowish orangey rust color. (Not the best of ways to check for spore color)

I figured this mushroom to be some type of Gymnopilus.
Possibly one of these three that have all been recorded to grow in Fla;
Gymnopilus aeruginosus
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Gymnopilus sapineus

Does anyone have any other suggestions/answers to what this mushroom could be??

This first pic shows the gills, and also what it was found growing on

then for this second pic i flipped the mushroom over to see the cap,

keepshroomin,
gg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: strange yellow-gilled blue staining mushroom [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #374646 - 08/19/01 04:37 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting find GG. It does look like a gymnopilus of some type.I'm gonna go with Gymnopilus aeruginosus.If I'm not mistaken, from photos I've seen of Gymnopilus luteofolius, the luteofolius has a scaly or fiberous looking cap and so does the stalk (I collected a mushroom about 10 years ago that I now believe to have been G. luteofolius).I have no idea what G.sapineus looks like except that all the gymno are an orangish color.Of course I'm just guessing.
Whatever it is it's a nice find : ) Maybe in a few days more will sprout.I would keep checking the area if possible.

doo

No matter how hard you try, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
    #374851 - 08/19/01 10:33 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Another possibility here is the "Gilled Bolete," Phylloporus rhodoxanthus. It has a velvety to smooth brown cap surface, pale flesh, and lemon-yellow gills which stain blue. However it has yellowish-brown spores and usually grows on the ground under trees, rather than on stumps.

Could be a relative, though.

Gymnopilus species are typically yellow-orange all over, & all the way through. I've picked G. aeruginosus, & those ain't them.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: strange yellow-gilled blue staining mushroom [Re: Woodsman]
    #374862 - 08/19/01 10:51 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you kind sir :)

o'There was definately an unusual amount of treestumps out today..

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #375050 - 08/20/01 06:29 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

That is an interesting mushroom. I'm not sure what it is, but it definetly doesn't look like any of the G. aeruginosus I've ever found. The biggest clue for me is that aeruginosus gills are much closer together. Also, I've never seen a laughing Gym. turn blue. It is my understanding that Gyms don't contain Psylocibin or Psylocin, but there seems to be some controversy about this. The Gyms that I have eaten are a fun high, but nothing like shrooms. I think the gilled Bollette idea is a good one, because there are a few Bollettes that do turn blue, they are supposedly poisonous, and not psychoactive.

I did acid once, white boy gave it to me. He said "you gonna be trippin", I said Shit, I ain't goin' nowhere without my luggage.
-Richard Pryor

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck