Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
philosiphy of religion
    #352949 - 07/02/01 12:01 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i dont believe in religion. it is synthetic! something made to make people feel good about themselves and keep themselves from breaking rules "sinning". its a pretty fucked up think to do to innocent people. in detail this is what religion is: supposedly it was found in some cave or somewhere (it doesnt matter who made it or whatever) and people started believing in it. the person who made it couldve been some whacko or something (that doesnt really matter though either) i believe that the person (it was a person not some imaginary spirit) who made used this imaginary world to make himself a better person and feel good about himself/herself. just think, the bible is a perfect excuse. if someone has a problem they "pray" buy talking to there hand with there eyes closed and saying amen at the end. what the hell is that? and once you pray some imaginary being is supposed to help you with youre problem. its like if you had a lucky blanket and you lost it and then youre mom replaces it with a new one and you dont even notice. its still youre lucky blanket in youre opinion. its the same with that except the blanket is youre wish and the new blanket is it coming true. if the wish comes true (cus you were motivated buy "gods help") then god answered youre prayer and is the nicest thing on earth, but what if it doesnt come true? then you make up a reason that god was busy or something. heres another reason its just a big excuse: its just a less governed replica of our craapy society. if you break any one of these 10 rules (commandments) then youll be going to some evil underwold and suffer for all of eternity. stop stressing and stop giving in!! stop being scared that if you do something wrong youll be punished for eternity. stop teeling yourself "you know what were all going to hell" and start telling yourself "were all going to die. my theory of death is that itll be as if we were never there except for the memories. before you are born youre nothing, your brain hasent devoloped and theres nothing. you dont exist yet. thats how it is when you die. theres nothing. you dont exist anymore. religion is the problem to everything and thats it. were all trying to be the same perfect being but theres no perfect being to begin with to try to become!! and all of us are created different so why are we trying to be the same thing!! why are we all revolving around this religion? cus its an excuse!! an excuse for everything. if something bad happens then thats what god intended and will serve a purpose in the future. people should think more before they start revolving theyre lives around something before they know what it is. most people think they have to go to church and have to believe that there is a god, otherwise they are comitting a "crime" its that punishable! i believe that theres a little vioce inside of everyone that is saying "what if it isnt real? what if there isnt a god?" stop blocking out that vioce!! just cus some 50 year old minister that was born in a differnet generation as you brainwashes you to think that god exists doesnt me that he really does. why is there a rule that you should think the same as everyone else. right now youre probably thinking "well mister smarty pants aluminum can, how were we created?" well i have perfect explination for that. the sun. it was what created everything. its what mae the first moss that started producing oxygen for organisms to breath. its what made plants grow for animals to eat so they can make offspring and eventually lead to evolution. and gues what! you can actually see the sun!! we do know that there is a sun out there!! its not a figment of imagination!! all this took about 6 12 hour long acid trips so obviously i couldnt go into much detail. if you have any questions still saying that god is real then please post it, i guarantee that i will have an answer. dont give me any of that youre going to hell bullshit because as you know i do not believe in it. if you have anything trying to disprove my post then please post it. i want to know what my generation is thinking about this type of stuff!

hey, you got to be genuine thats the name of this game. if you're real, then you aint got nothing to worry about, but if youre synthetic then starting tomorrow you're balls come off!

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: aluminum_can]
    #352964 - 07/02/01 12:44 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I don't believe in Christianity either, but I'll pick apart your post anyway.

> in detail this is what religion is: supposedly it was found in some cave or somewhere (it doesnt matter who made it or whatever) and people started believing in it.

Early mysticism and philosophy was probably something that arose in pre-historic (cave) time. People had to explain to themselves and each other what happens to the dead and where life came from. It's early cave peoples that began burrying their dead.

> the person who made it couldve been some whacko or something

I really doubt you could pin down the beginnings of philosophical, mystical and/or religious thought to one person.

In the case of Christianity, the Bible was written by more than one person. It's the tale of a culture, written by some people within that culture.

> if someone has a problem they "pray" buy talking to there hand with there eyes closed and saying amen at the end. what the hell is that?

If you don't understand how the Universe or the forces of natures work, wouldn't you at least try to do something to stop a bad thing from happening?

It's a belief. Empirical science is something that people believe in and *must have faith in*. Even the philosophy of science itself admits that science cannot absolutely proove anything.

> its just a less governed replica of our craapy society

It was probably a lot easier to get people to govern themselves in pre-Newtonian times when people believed that God was watching. Now we have our mythical big brother. So what, we've shifted from sacred to secular?

> stop being scared that if you do something wrong youll be punished for eternity.

Why? Do you know what happens when we die?

My mind entertains the possibility that **PERHAPS** following the law is a universal sin and can get me sent to hell. The thing I figure is, if there is a universal moral code, I doubt that I'd ever be able to know what it is. Why should someone believe in one and not the other? Beats the hell out of me, but you can't tell people that one set of their beliefs is wrong. If you want to do that, I challenge you to proove it wrong.

> my theory of death is that itll be as if we were never there except for the memories.

I'm sure that every person has their own theory of death (if you've thought about death there must be the slightest bit of expectation formed about death), but as to how right/wrong that theory is, no living being will ever know.

> why are we all revolving around this religion?

People form groups. Groups use languages to communicate. A common language has a common lexicon and grammatical system. These form natural cultural ties about the operations of the natural world (eg// the three basic tenses of verbs, past, present and future, teach a child very basic things about how the world operates). Cultures have ideas in common due to language, but we're still human. We still have to face the fact (individually and as a society) that one day, we're going to die; that life's not always pleasant; that people get sick; people suffer; people murder; etc. etc. Religion is one way of explaining those things.

> if something bad happens then thats what god intended and will serve a purpose in the future.

No. In Christianity, if a human chooses to commit evil, it is that human beings decision. God has no part in that.

> people should think more before they start revolving theyre lives around something before they know what it is

Revolving your life around nihilism or extreme skepticism, like I do, can be a very dizzying task for some. Most people prefer stability.

> just cus some 50 year old minister that was born in a differnet generation as you brainwashes you to think that god exists doesnt me that he really does.

It also doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. Just because some scientist says that the universe is made up of subatomic particles doesn't mean it really is. Just because every human on earth says the universe exists does mean it really does.

> well i have perfect explination for that. the sun. it was what created everything.

Where did the sun come from?

Does anything really exist anyway?

> you can actually see the sun!!

I can see a lot of stuff when I dream or hallucinate on drugs. Does that mean it exists? does that proove anything?

Offlinedavidgergen
journeyman

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: Kid]
    #353020 - 07/02/01 03:32 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

good post, kid.

Offlinesir_shroom_alot
enthusiast
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: davidgergen]
    #354257 - 07/13/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

don't critize other peoples religion, the bible doesn't make u feel bad about urself, and christians don't have to worry about sin, they know that jesus died for them, even if it isn't true, without religion there would be no law, because if people knew there was no after life there would be complete chaos. Just think, murder without punishment, the cops wouldn't want to work because if they die, it's over, just think about it, no one would want to risk it,

first u get the money, then u get the Weemen!
Wee men? what the hell are u talking about!
i said woman; no u didn't man!

~Ur PAYING ME IN HAIR CLIPPINGS! WHAT ARE U cRAZY?

--------------------

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: sir_shroom_alot]
    #354513 - 07/14/01 01:30 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

..."without religion there would be no law"...maybe you meant to say "war"? Don't get lulled into this "man can't rule himself" fundamentalist neurosis, we were doing OK at it before this God kid showed up...if people "knew" there was no after-life they might be less likely to kill...and they'd sure as hell have less motivation for doing it.

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: aluminum_can]
    #354519 - 07/14/01 01:49 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

it sounds like you JUST started thinking. if you have any brains, it shouldnt be too long until you find out that religion is as real as it was before you didn't want to accept it and so tried to tear it apart to justify yourself.

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #354520 - 07/14/01 01:50 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like kid is stuck in the mud

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #354523 - 07/14/01 01:52 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

if you would actually pay attention to what you sound like you know so much about, you would pay attention to what jesus warns against. he says that you should see what is happening around you. all you have to do to know that there is no falsehood in the bible is turn to revalations, read some prophecies (unless you have those memorized) and then look around the world. OPEN YOUR EYES what is said is unfolding right before you in PLAIN CLEAR SIGHT!

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: CACA]
    #354524 - 07/14/01 01:55 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i don't want to come off as what i seem to come off as, because im really not into talking about that, because there is no point to it and it gets people pissed off. besides that, i only speak about it when i see someone who would be better off with some little truth in them that can maybe over time ebb away the lies in you. maybe it wont. you take mushrooms? just goes to prove my point that mushrooms have not much importance as far as "enlightenment" goes.

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #354525 - 07/14/01 02:00 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

on the note of enlightenment, whether you will believe it or not, i reached satori enlightenment before i did ANY drugs. i didnt even know what it was until a couple of days ago when i saw a description for it here on this website. i dont know if saying that it is a complete state of calm is really enough or that words would ever bring to light what it is trying to describe in this case, but i said that it was like an extreme state of nothingness.. the feeling of it was... unspeakable.. i am just sad that i had outside stimuli (i was in class) that is probably what made me somewhat ego-ized again and made me afraid that i was going too far away, saying "i can't do this now i can't". its unspeakable. the way it feels... like... its okay.. the games are all over... everything was just a show and now you can go home...its true go" thats one of the feelings... it is the biggest regret in my life ever leaving there...

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #354526 - 07/14/01 02:03 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

ah a better way to describe it would be saying that nothing mattered.. that ABSOLUTELY nothing mattered and not even the realization that you realized that nothing mattered, mattered. there were no thoughts or interactions only of not being so individual as part of ... never-endingness.. its not easy at all to describe but i can tell you that it was the best feeling EVER the BEST EVER

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #354563 - 07/14/01 05:52 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

> sounds like kid is stuck in the mud

Please explain.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #354564 - 07/14/01 05:55 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

> all you have to do to know that there is no falsehood in the bible is turn to revalations

No, I don't think so. Interpreting Revelations as Truth is just that: INTERPRETING. You're the one who's saying 'The Bible says X, which is equivalent to Y, which happens now." You're even taking a further step by adding, "And therefor the entirety of the Bible is True."

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #354565 - 07/14/01 06:01 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to assume you're addressing me here, unless you're addressing yourself...(?)

> i only speak about it when i see someone who would be better off with some little truth in them that can maybe over time ebb away the lies in you.

Don't even get me started on the notions of Truth. Many philosophers come up with their own notions of Truth; or scepticism. You're Truth is not the Truth. If you think that you "Know" more than me, as in that you think you're some highly enlightened being compared to me, then I'd suggest that you are the ignorant one.

> you take mushrooms?

No. I have taken mushrooms. I haven't used them in about nine months.

> just goes to prove my point that mushrooms have not much importance as far as "enlightenment" goes.

By assuming that I am a mushroom user, then making a conclusion based on that assumption, I'd say though you're jumping to conclusions. Though as far as mushrooms being important for "enlightenment", I'd probably agree with you.

> My head is hurting..

You seem to be making a lot of errors. Maybe there's something wrong up there.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #354567 - 07/14/01 06:05 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

> i reached satori enlightenment before i did ANY drugs.

Epilleptics, often claim to reach satori enlightenment and/or have visions of God (Hildegard) before grand mal seizures. Whether or not you're on drugs when you reach that state of mind doesn't really matter.

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #354734 - 07/14/01 02:34 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

okay, im not going to take a part in the mudslinging here (and trust me, there is alot of mud to be slung on both sides) i didnt pick apart what you said (which anyone could have done) but i didnt. about saying that i have my OWN truth, its just something people say nowadays so because of the influx of different religions...but SAYING that someone has their own truth and someone else has their own truth is a cheap way of getting out of knowing how they are connected and trying to convince yourself that perhaps.. just maybe.. it isnt true!.. about epilleptics.. if you were talking about me, im not. i was just saying that i feel that i reached that before i did any drugs BECAUSE of the way it happened if i were to explain it to anyone, they would think that i was tripping or on some drug. i feel that there is really no argument to be had about the bible being absolute truth. now, since i don't run my life according to the bible, you can pick at those parts of my life, but that you shouldnt even talk about. its so obvious that its true. if you would open your eyes, you would see it.

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: Pynchon]
    #354748 - 07/14/01 03:46 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

>."without religion there would be no law"...maybe you meant to say "war"?<

religion never created any wars, the people who tried to interpret the religion and its "bible" did, you just made a fairly stupid statement. I agree that most laws are based(slightly) on religion.

>Don't get lulled into this "man can't rule himself" fundamentalist neurosis, we were doing OK at it before this God kid showed up<

i think your picking on christianity abit too much, rel. exsisted before "this God kid showed up"

>"knew" there was no after-life they might be less likely to kill...and they'd sure as hell have less motivation for doing it.<

why? if people don't believe that theres any after life, why wouldn't they try any means of improving this one? this obviously dosen't apply to every criminal, but why not kill someone who is after the same girl as you, why not rob a store/banki and kill a few people.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: hubertd8]
    #354932 - 07/15/01 01:09 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

> all you have to do to know that there is no falsehood in the bible is turn to revalations

Then you'd say that everything else in the bible has occured as it depicted, revelations being the only chapter you can focus errors within? (tell me if im wrong here, I hate assuming...) Revelations is the final chapter in the bible; who's to say it won't happen? Who's to say it will.. (if someone is to say it will or won't please speak up) I consider myself a rather stupid and ignorant chunk of mortal flesh with billions of synapses occuring just to allow me to exist here, hitting these keys; typing this post. A rather meager process which still requires so much. But Instead of looking at the creationism view most people tote today lets look at chance. Lets say physcially when these chemcial meet these chemicals under this kind of light under this ammount of presure under this much heat with this much electricity a cell is born. Then from there more complex multicelular organisms; then autotrophs, heterotrophs and so on till you get senttinant beings who've evolved only part of themselves; their consious thought thus unbalnacing them and so resulting in all the chaos today. hmm that got off topic fast didn't it. Anyways in this infinitly spaning universe if every planet and everythign on it is a roll of a dice, for it to exist how it is... A die cannot have infinite sides; thefore somewhere out there is another planet which is exactly the same as ours. where each atom, each photon molecule are in teh same palce. Where Jared is typing a post about nothing. What if i were to try and prove this by going to this plaent where I would see myself? I wouldn't because if it were 100% the same as our planet then Jared from there would come to my planet and we would both think w'd never left. (This is why I beleive the universe is infinatly looping everywhere at once... think 4th dimensional spheres.. heh) Wow, I don't even remember what got me started on thsi post.. Anyways if this is true which logically it is.. Then how could god be the creator of us? think aobut how many worlds like ours there are, how many unlike ours there are... this means that nothign can ever end because somewhere in our infinate universe its happening the same but slightly differrntly. Ahhh im too stupid to talk about this and the fucking poping bubbles noise in my ear is driving me nuts.. months now and all i hear is crackling like bubbles popping after a shower in my ear always always awlayssss

I'm only 3/4 crazy for those of you wondering

Go here : http://jsr.hobbiton.org

Offlinesir_shroom_alot
enthusiast
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: Jared]
    #354935 - 07/15/01 01:23 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

bare-with-me-my-spce-bar-is-broken!
If-everyone-knew-that-there-was-no-afterlife-then-there-really-wouln't-be-hope.If-people-knew-for-a-fact-that-there-wasn't-a-God-they-really-couldn't-justify-living-our-brains-are-too-complex-to-just-agree-to-the,fact,that,we,just,rot,in,the,ground.There,would,be,nothing,stopping,vandals,or,robbers,or,even,murder!If,everyone,knew,that,they,wouldn't,burn,in,eternal,hell,fire,for,murder,i,think,we,would,see,it,alot,more.I,do,belive,in,GOd,because,i,feel,that,our,brains,are,far,to,complex.for,"evolution".I'm,tired,of,typing,comma's,soo,adu'

--------------------

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: philosiphy of religion [Re: Jared]
    #354937 - 07/15/01 01:32 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, keep thinking about other possibilities to keep yourself busy instead of accepting the truth and seeing how both can be true. anyways, its been proven every human being came from just two people. thats just one thing. the nanobots = the 1,000 years without death. lightning bolt around the world = globalization of electricity. babylon has already been rebuilt. day is night night is day. physically and doubled up on itself as well. bad is good. evil is good. the times are like noah where everyone is being told that God is going to do something, but not alot of people are listening. men are women. women are men- physically and emotionally and sexual preference-wise. gays, lesbians and individualism. "freedom" the children after jesus brought his people to heaven are supposed to be ineligible for heaven. this is because to go to heaven, you have to be as a child. child = innocence. freedom from what people with a conscience used to tell you means you do what you will and this is why children are soon no longer going to be children or aren't..... the old religions being revived (days of noah) wicca isnt a cult and hasnt been for a while its a religion- enough subscribers to make it so. i am sick of writing about this. just see the truth already. if you want to see truth, you will see it. if you want to see something that is false, you will see it is false. everything is everything in life and this is why your actions speak louder than words. this is yet another choice - see it for what it is or SAY that IT IS something that YOU want it to be. i already went through letting the whole idea of God go just to figure things out. you actually believe the big bang theory? thats fucking absurd. there was nothing and then just.. bang.. PLEASE thats so stupid. if you have ever been in awe of something, you must know that this is all too complex for it to be left up to what scientists believe is pure chance. chance is chance in that we don't know what is going to happen. and if its ancient wisdom from other civilizations, no prophet has ever seen past the year 2010 without something BIG happening and its believed to be the coming of Christ. ask the Mayans, they know about it. NO prophet in history who has earned a reputation for themselves (and those prophets don't hold a CANDLE to the ones in the Bible) has seen past the year 2010 without this happening. and on top of that, the gregorian calendar is off by three years from the birth of christ. (i forget which way, but this gives more to the critical fact that "no man knows the hour")
My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order