Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460576 -

What if I don't have any troubles? What is with the assumption people are troubled?

I really can't complain. I got the basics figured out and then some.

Is that how christianity works, like a cult, they go out looking for troubled people who need them?

No wonder why you arn't reaching me. I know this stuff gets attention out in the nasty streets where you help people find god.

Fucknuckle, you have implied in a few threads that people who do not see as you do are stupid or blind.

Need I say more???


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3460595 -

Huehuecoyotl said:
I understand that he is not just singing the Bible's praises, but also putting it forward as the singular source of wisdom which is incorrect.



This is not even close to my purpose in creating this thread and goes to show how much some people read stuff into the things I say.


I suggest that you go back a very CAREFULLY read the first post again.

The point is this...........in order to get a fair and full understanding of any scripture it is very important to understand the complete CONTEXT.

Not a thread shoving the bible down your throat. You are choking your self, Stop it :smile:


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460613 -

"This is not even close to my purpose in creating this thread"

Maybe not what you intended...but it is what it conveyed. Why are you getting upset? The thread goes where the community takes it. Not even it's creator owns it...the community does. To use a thread as a captive audiance to your personal philosophy will not work. Peace.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3460621 -

gettinjiggywithit said:
What if I don't have any troubles? What is with the assumption people are troubled?

I really can't complain. I got the basics figured out and then some.

Is that how christianity works, like a cult, they go out looking for troubled people who need them?

No wonder why you arn't reaching me. I know this stuff gets attention out in the nasty streets where you help people find god.

Fucknuckle, you have implied in a few threads that people who do not see as you do are stupid or blind.

Need I say more???




You are so full of your understanding you can not even begin to see your entire mistake. :thumbdown:


I am in now way trying to reach you. This thread is a reminder of good study pratices and nothing more.

I will not even respond to the rest of your post as it is inviting confict as most of your posts in this thread are.


Take your all mighty knowledge that far surpasses mine and get on with your bad self :laugh:


Can you not even see the simple nature of this thread ? Why must you turn it into a showdown.


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3460627 -

Huehuecoyotl said:
"This is not even close to my purpose in creating this thread"

Maybe not what you intended...but it is what it conveyed. Why are you getting upset? The thread goes where the community takes it. Not even it's creator owns it...the community does. To use a thread as a captive audiance to your personal philosophy will not work. Peace.




I am not upset I am in shock.................. :shocked:


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460641 -

"I am not upset I am in shock..."

You are probably unaware of the way your tone is perceived by others. Look at all the responses...we can't all have misread what you wrote.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3460654 -

and this thread consisted of about 5 people.. 1 of which misread (you) and the other well... doesn't seem to be very happy with christianity and reading the bible in the first place.... the other to (me) understood ... swami understood, but as usual was a smart ass about it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3460666 -

"doesn't seem to be very happy with christianity and reading the bible in the first place."

I am very happy with Christianity and the Bible. It is a good thing for many...but not for all. Why do so many Christians get so worked up about non-Christians?


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460667 -

Fucknuckle said:
Quote:
You are so full of your understanding you can not even begin to see your entire mistake. :thumbdown:



You are right, I am so blinded by my own light, I can't see where I made a mistake.

If you would read my stuff, I already said you gave good advice to people who beleive the Bible is the valid truth of the word of god. Go back and look, it's right there in front of your nose.


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460671 -

Anyway refusal to learn from others is nothing more than gross stupidity.

I truly DO want to learn something.

OK then. I will go out and start killing homosexuals as the Bible (Leviticus) commands.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Swami]
    #3460692 -

I see that many people here a just determined to be difficult

I give up.......Those that want to hear let them. They that want to not hear let them not.


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3460695 -

You are right negative,

I was not happy in it, mostly, I was pumped full of hellish fear while in the catholic version of christianity. I was also ego fed and told that I was better then other people and that We were the only ones going to Heaven and the rest to hell for not being baptised, communised and confirmed in the catholic faith.

I have been happier and much more peaceful and loving without it.

I was in a virtual hell until I walked away from it.


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Swami]
    #3460717 -

Swami said:
Anyway refusal to learn from others is nothing more than gross stupidity.

I truly DO want to learn something.

OK then. I will go out and start killing homosexuals as the Bible (Leviticus) commands.




Swami you surprise me.......... Even you must see that my quote and your statement have nothing to do with each other. What I said is truth . "Refusal to learn from others is not smart". That has Zero to do with Leviticus.

Your just playing :smirk:


While the Bible may be full of Shit, it is Full of many wise and wealthy teachings. Even if a man is a Atheist, there is much to gain. But you know that already :thumbup: :heart:


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3460729 -

gettinjiggywithit said:
catholic version of christianity. I was in a virtual hell until I walked away from it.




You got that right :thumbup: I have a real problem with this group of people. It is a weak point I have to still deal with :frown:


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460732 -

I see that many people here a just determined to be difficult

How am I being difficult? Does Leviticus state that quite clearly or does it not? Yes or No, please!


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460735 -

Can't you see? It is your negative attitude that is causing this. It wasn't the Bible that upset people, but the attitude you are showing about it. Don't preach religion in a negative, judgemental fashion that goes against the philosophy that you follow. This is NOT a personal attack, but merely an observation.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460743 -

The Bible... is Full of many wise and wealthy teachings

If I am already wise, then I need not look to his book.

If I am unwise, then how can an ignoramus determine EXACTLY WHICH passages contain wisdom?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3460768 -

Huehuecoyotl said:
Can't you see? It is your negative attitude that is causing this. It wasn't the Bible that upset people, but the attitude you are showing about it. Don't preach religion in a negative, judgemental fashion that goes against the philosophy that you follow. This is NOT a personal attack, but merely an observation.



What are you talking about ?

It stands to reason that in fact you are the only person in this thread to be having a problem.


Am I not allowed to get the intent of this thread straight ?

Am I required to make sure you understand my feelings ?


No in fact you have is all wrong.



I am somewhat stupified with your logic and how you have come to this conclustion


I think you just don't like me and that may be the problem here.

And when you say "people" get it right. You mean "you" not people.


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Swami]
    #3460783 -

Quote:
Swami said:
The Bible... is Full of many wise and wealthy teachings

If I am already wise, then I need not look to his book.

If I am unwise, then how can an ignoramus determine EXACTLY WHICH passages contain wisdom?





If you are wise enough then you may be a fool. As wisdom gained is never enough and that is the very basis of wisdom

But if you are not wise enough.......... I can not answer your question because that is between you and you(God)to interpret what will be absorbed into your inner man :thumbup:


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3461012 -

"It stands to reason that in fact you are the only person in this thread to be having a problem."

Then why are you attacking Swami and Jiggy? You called Swami a fool and tell Jiggy this thread is not hers to post on. You speak in contradictions here.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* found on the Lycaeum: Mushrooms in the bible MarkZero 2,084 4 02/10/03 07:09 PM
by ISH
* The New Bible Is Upon Us?
( 1 2 all )
tekramrepus 2,033 20 08/11/03 07:29 AM
by fireworks_god
* The Bible and the clergy
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
erectronik 8,389 86 07/29/02 01:13 AM
by why
* The bible.
( 1 2 3 all )
Lightningfractal 2,770 41 11/12/03 05:25 AM
by gnrm23
* The Holy Bible...
( 1 2 all )
psilo25 4,041 27 09/04/02 10:21 AM
by psilo25
* Changes in the bible
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,750 29 10/28/03 12:02 PM
by Funguy
* Holographic Universe. Life changing read. DarkMushrooom 1,908 16 07/23/03 11:30 PM
by HagbardCeline
* Is the Bible the Word of God? silversoul7 1,061 17 07/12/03 08:12 PM
by Strumpling

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,804 topic views. 1 members, 17 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.