Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
The bible.
    #2088314 - 11/10/03 12:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

When I first started seriously reading the bible, one of the first things I noticed was that what it contained was totally contradictory to organized religion. I do not think it wise to equate the bible with organized religion, just because the people involved with organized religion carry bibles in their hands.

These people either don't actually read the bible, or they read it and fail at grasping the meaning. Reading the passages about Jesus clearly shows that the organized religions of his time were against him. Why would it be unreasonable to believe that the organized religions of today are similar? Jesus said to love your fellow man as you love yourself fulfills the law of God. So all the other rules and regulations added by today's religions are clearly just a measure of control, and have nothing to do with God. I love you, God, Jesus, and myself. I don't have to do anything else. So I think I'll smoke some buds, and go 'shroom hunting tomorrow. Peace.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: The bible. [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2088337 - 11/10/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Bingo.

Now subtract God and insert Self.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: The bible. [Re: Sclorch]
    #2088366 - 11/10/03 01:18 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I believe that I am god, but I do still believe I was created, and that there is a higher power than myself which holds my interests at heart just like I do. I do not believe God to be a supreme being, but just wants me to choose Love over hate.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #2088377 - 11/10/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

First, on your comment that you are God. Here is my take.

1. "You" as in the beings who wrote that ,is not God. You are the ego production of your mind. A entity that your mind has created. Your true self is your soul. This "soul" is the true seat of God, and when the ego dies, God channels through you. This is what a true priest, or enlightenmed being is.

2. The other "God-like" projection you might feel you are, is your "higher Self". Your higher self is you withoutt the ego (yet it still exists with your shell), and you in a higher consciousness.

Here is a modified version of what I posted in my thread.

If you wish to find the truth about Jesus and his real teachings, here is some advice:

1. If you can manage to research and find ANY version of Dead Sea Scrolls online. (Google search for dead sea scroll).

2. Read on Edgar Cayce's...who was HIGHLY religious, and one of the best prophets of the 20th century. He went strictly by the bible, until his trance-reading broke his beliefs done. He even often rejected his own trance-readings regarding Jesus and the Essenes, becase it contradicted the bible.

3. The lady Katherine Harris, who is hypnotized into a trance-like state, recalling and reliving the past live of a man who lived in Qumram (where Jesus was born). A pre-Jesus Essene, who lived during his time. She had previousy no knowledge of any Countries outside of America - yet in her trance-like states, she describes them perfect. You can read about her though the book Jesus and the Essenes by Dolores Cannon

4. www.essene.com . Which is a modern day ressurection of the Essene church. It combines all of the proof you need into one website, and has many sources.

5. The writings from past literature, mainly the writings of: Philo, Pliny, Josephus, and a few others.

6. Also, there are many books on the subject of the bible being re-written, and tampered with to great degrees. There is proof (that you can find yorself) with evidence that the Romans, who formed Christianity after Christ had already died. They were not the immediate followers of Christ - instead they used what knowledge that had, and compiled the Bible, but in a way where they could control the masses.

Therefore - there is documental evidence that the Eary Christians were not followers of Christ - but instead a Religion created for the control of the masses , by the Romans.

The true followers, as told by the sources I mentioned, were called Essenes. More specifically, the Nazarean-Essenes, which Jesus was born of member of.

The Ossarean Essenes, from the Southern Temple were actually followers of Moses's book. They lived before Jesus's time. A select few of them branced off, and went North. These were nazareans. They believed, unlike the Southern Essenes, that the birth of the prophecized Messiah was to come. They prepared several women to host this coming, of which Mary was choosen. Clearly, in both the bible and other scriptures regarding Christ, Mary was of Joseph's Marriage, and was a virgin at the time of Jesus' Birth.

If you do your research, The eary Northern Essenes didn't believe in Moses's law. This wasnt until AFTER jesus was born. Him, and other one, said "his law is of Gods, but not the one I speak of" not a direct quote, by my interpretation. He meant not God, the Creator - but Gods, as in a race superior to humans.

This is who gave Moses his law, if you do your research, ACCORDING to jesus Christ and the northern essenes, of which Jesus was a member.

In the King James version of the bible, it says "He (Messiah) shall be called a Nasorean."(Matthew 2:23)
Nasorean, is another spelling of Nazarean, the northern branch off of the original Essenes.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: The bible. [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2088393 - 11/10/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It just seems odd to me that you would back up your beliefs by citing various Prophets...not the most reliable source of religious information, don't you think?

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2088403 - 11/10/03 01:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you for your input supermarket. I like your ideas about ego. However, don't you already have a thread going about your beliefs? This thread is here for me to express and hopefully recieve commentary about my beliefs.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: The bible. [Re: Sclorch]
    #2088416 - 11/10/03 02:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Pride is the greatest sin.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: The bible. [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2088425 - 11/10/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'll quote somebody from a book (don't know which one :smile:)

The bible, a book, a great book, but not the only book.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: The bible. [Re: kaiowas]
    #2088430 - 11/10/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry, the previous post was not meant to change the direction of this thread.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2088437 - 11/10/03 02:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The bible, a book, a great book, but not the only book

True, but I believe it to be a better book than most books for learning about life and for many, many other things as well. I have never felt any bad vibes from the bible while reading it. I have felt love and wisdom though.

Don't judge a book by it's cover, or by those who own it, but by reading it.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2088452 - 11/10/03 02:25 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

No sweat bro.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2088456 - 11/10/03 02:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

just curious, you said you thought you were god.  can you elaborate.  no criticism here, I just like to ask questions :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2088484 - 11/10/03 02:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, first of all let's get the scriptural "proof" out of the way, since this thread is about the bible.

John 10

30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

So Jesus said we are gods.

As far as personally, I have had numerous experiences which have shown me that to be the case. Spiritual experiences which cannot be adequately expressed by written word. I felt the hand of God within me on numerous occasions, and felt the dove of peace fly through my head while he said to me "You are".

Furthermore, if these things happened simply because I believed that they would happen, that makes me a god anyway, because I created my own reality. (So the evidence is self fulfilling.)

logically, I know that my perceptions are made manifest in my own personal reality. We write ourselves into being. We create ourselves.

And I believe that since it's "God the father" that means we are "people the children". Offspring of a certain species are the same species. Therefore if God is our father then we must then be gods too because we came from him.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2088489 - 11/10/03 02:54 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

sweet man, I know what you mean, jsut wanted to hear/read a different perspective. different words, same ideas.
I like your usage of the scriptures too, nice touch.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2088533 - 11/10/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The devil has always been in the details.

The Living Bible says
John 10:34: "It is written in your own law that God said to certain leaders of the people, "I say, you are gods!' (35) And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people, who recieved God's message were called 'gods; (36) why do you call it blashphemy when the Holy One who was sent into the world by the Father says, "I am Son of God'? (37) Dont believe me unless I carry out my Father's work. (38) But if I do his work, believe in what I have done, even if you dont believe in me. Then you will realize that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father."

Jesus is talking about the OT. He is pointing towards it's error. He is repeating that we are all just children of God. He expounds on Psalm 82:6-7

"I say, 'You are gods
and children of the Most High.
But in death you are mere men.
You will fall as any prince.
For all must die'"

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The bible. [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2088619 - 11/10/03 04:48 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am God. Whether a book says I am or says I am not, I AM.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: The bible. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2088980 - 11/10/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I am God. Whether a book says I am or says I am not, I AM.
Peace.

Hahahaha!! I second that!!

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: The bible. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2088998 - 11/10/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> I am God. Whether a book says I am or says I am not, I AM.

If you know that you are God, then you are not.
If you have forgotten that you are God, then you are not.
If you have not fogotten that you are God, but don't know that you are God, only then are you...

:heart:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The bible. [Re: Seuss]
    #2089120 - 11/10/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
If you have not fogotten that you are God, but don't know that you are God, only then are you...

It seems that the only way someone would be able to determine the stipulations on whether or not you are God would have to be God himself. And, if you can't know that you are God, then who set these stipulations? :grin:
Peace.
Peace. 

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: The bible. [Re: Seuss]
    #2089134 - 11/10/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

One question...

THEN WHO THE HELL DOES GOD THINK HE IS?!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order