Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

GOOD STUDY HABITS OF SCRIPTURE
    #3460329 - 12/07/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I would like to say something..........

I have noticed through out my entire life that people just love to take one small scripture out of a entire passage and let people have it with the truth they have found. When in fact they most times have got it very wrong.

The bible is not just a bunch of wise saying randomly throw toghter. They are letter or histories written with a CONTEXT a whole meaning. Sometimes things are said as a Comparison, a lesson or otherwise. Unless a person is willing to read an entire Book or at the very least the entire Chapter then you will very likely get the intent, meaning or CONTEXT very wrong.

I suggest that with any reading material you should not take anyone's word for anything but read the entire thing. You must understand the intent of the author. You must see the Context in which one little scripture has been taken from.

Many,Many misconceptions or many teachings of Jesus are very twisted because a person is un willing to read.

Be fair to your own intelligence and read the entire chapter of any scripture you may be researching. It is of the most importance.

Do not make the mistake of ignorance and cloud your judgment.

Anyone can interpret one small scripture many different ways. But it is very hard to get the Meaning wrong when you know the CONTEXT the scripture comes form. There is a wise and correct way to study scripture and a foolish way.

Do not be a fool :heart:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Edited by Fucknuckle (12/07/04 04:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460390 - 12/07/04 03:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The only way to understand the true context of the Bible would be to read it in Aramaic. The modern Bible has been hoplessly misinterpreted in translation...not to mention the revisions made by various Kings and religious leaders for political ends. It is an excellant work of myth with no less or more wisdom than the Elder Edda or the Greek myths.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3460406 - 12/07/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So instead of quoting a small paragraph, I must quote the entire Chapter? That will REALLY clarify things and keep them relevant!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3460409 - 12/07/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well in any case can you not see the wisdom in good research and study techniques no matter what translation you may be reading ?

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: Swami]
    #3460414 - 12/07/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
So instead of quoting a small paragraph, I must quote the entire Chapter? That will REALLY clarify things and keep them relevant!

You also have missed the point :nut:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3460428 - 12/07/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not only in Aramiac, but as it was before the year 200AD before the catholics played god with it.

Even then, it was written by men in a different cultural age and time.

do any Bible thumpers reason why God only picked that time to talk to only "certain" people and told them to make a book with all of it.

That in itself makes no sense. Who's teachings from God made the cut and who's didn't, how come only people of that time period qualified?

Argggggggggg does anyone question this stuff? And what answers do they come up with that keep them beleiving?

fucknuckle,

if God and jesus are talking with you, why do you need the Bible?

God is just my inner life giving source of creative intelligence and love being and Jesus is my homey which also resides in spirit there. I have it all in my heart, why do I need the crusty old Bible or need to live in fear of punishment to do and be good?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3460439 - 12/07/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Good research or study technique (which I am familiar with) cannot create content which does not exist or add more substance to what is already there. The Greek myths and the Elder Edda are just as rich in content as The Bible. All are equally valid mythologies.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3460444 - 12/07/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly! The Bible is the work of man not God itself.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460448 - 12/07/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok then FORGET IT you are too smart to even see my point.

I am in now way making an attempt to get anyone to see things my way.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3460459 - 12/07/04 03:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

By the way...I have read the Bible as well as the Norse Eddas, Greek myth, as well as American Indian, Welsh, Irish, Mayan, and Aztec myth.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460470 - 12/07/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
I suggest that with any reading material you should not take anyone's word for anything but read the entire thing. You must understand the intent of the author. You must see the Context in which one little scripture has been taken from.

I am including all texts and writings.

Why do I get the feeling that people read what they want and once they get part of the way thru a post. They form a opinion and just stop to react and make a post ? :confused:

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3460474 - 12/07/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Huehuecoyotl all the information you present is irrelevant to the point that FuckNuckle is making. Does everyone on this forum have to try their best to find some "genuis" way to refute anything that anyone posts even though what they say (to refute what's been posted) makes no sense in relevancy to the topic at hand? Give the man a damned break.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3460495 - 12/07/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Why do I get the feeling ...

How would anyone else know better than you why you get a feeling?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Proper reading of the Bible [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3460502 - 12/07/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I do understand what he is saying. What I am responding too is that what difference would the whole chapter make to me when I have pretty much invalidated most of that book in favor of my own heart resource.

For those who validate it as the truth and Gods word, then what FN suggested was good advice.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460503 - 12/07/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think many people are just too damn smart to even see their own noses...............  :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460515 - 12/07/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I do understand what he is saying. What I am responding too is that what difference would the whole chapter make to me when I have pretty much invalidated most of that book in favor of my own heart resource.

Then this thread was not even meant for you as you have all the answers with in and have no need to study the wisdom of the people before you. You are greater than all the people before you. Your own understanding goes way past the understanding of anyone eles

Must be nice to so ignorant and yet so wise
:grin:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3460518 - 12/07/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

and to damn smart to know what in their own heart so they need a Bible to tell them what to put in it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460538 - 12/07/04 04:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
and to damn smart to know what in their own heart so they need a Bible to tell them what to put in it.

Anyway refusal to learn from others is nothing more than gross stupidity.

The lessons,wisdom and knowledge to be found in many Spiritual teachings is very great. One does not have to believe the bible to gain much from it. Go into the book of proverbs and you will find all the answers to life's little troubles.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3460565 - 12/07/04 04:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I understand that he is not just singing the Bible's praises, but also putting it forward as the singular source of wisdom which is incorrect.

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3460575 - 12/07/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I understand that he is not just singing the Bible's praises, but also putting it forward as the singular source of wisdom which is incorrect.

The Bible is there to help a man lead a good life; wisdom is just a by-product of living a pure life. He wasn't even saying that it was the only source of wisdom... he was referring to people taking verses out of context WHEN they use the bible to refute/support an argument.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder