Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
The I's to Blame
    #3441138 - 12/03/04 09:01 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

One thing I get tired of
Is other countries and peoples
Declaring America as the cause of their problems
America does a world of hurt
We do not control unhappy lives
We do not coordinate
It takes two to fight a war
You're either a fighter or you aren't
In any country

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: The I's to Blame [Re: sox24]
    #3441174 - 12/03/04 09:28 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

boo hoo!

It only takes one nation to invade a country on false pretenses and start a war. Oh - one nation and it's poultry alies.

America isn't the sole cause of the worlds problems, but America is not the liberating power of the world either.

All praise to God - The Almighty Dollar

Enjoy your war mister/missus fighter! Uncle Sam needs you to die for him before he shits on your coffin.

The I's to blame? How about starting with your very own, if blame is your game. I I I I sox
--
Play it like you say and stop trying to fob it off on people struggling to survive against the biggest I on the planet.

I Bush (and I behind him)

Edited by CJay (12/03/04 09:48 AM)

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #3441634 - 12/03/04 12:14 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

You don't sound aware at all.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3441646 - 12/03/04 12:17 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

You don't sound aware at all.

Hah.  :rolleyes:

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #3441650 - 12/03/04 12:18 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

I believe that to people in other countries, America often symbolizes their dissapointment. I think most of the hatred towards USA is justified, but like what the writing says, it takes two people to fight. The world needs to get wise, right now it isn't. No one is.

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #3441656 - 12/03/04 12:20 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

You roll your eyes like that guy is right? He's just angry. Can't you see through his words like I can?

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3441710 - 12/03/04 12:35 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

I'm not angry dude

I just think it's funny you started a thread saying it takes two to have a war....and advising others to look at themselves in order to place blame, rather than others...when you quite obviously aren't! Like I said it only takes one nation to invade another on false pretenses, that leaves the invaded little choice but to fight.

Your poem clevely pointed at those people and away from yourself and the USA, yet it also says look at 'I'

I=ego=me

author of the poem included

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3441726 - 12/03/04 12:41 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Well here is my opinion.

It DOES take two to fight a war, you are right... but that doesn't change the fact that the U.S. is one of very few countries that goes around STARTING wars. Granted, it takes someone to fight back... and I DO agree with you that most countries are run by people who are very confused.

None the less, it does not change the fact that the U.S. is VERY FAR from contributing to the overall peace of the world. The answer to violence is not more violence. It just, in turn, breeds YET MORE violence. There will always be someone else to take revenge in the next step.

I am not saying that the U.S. is the only one who's got it wrong... but that does not change the fact that the U.S., being one of the largest powers in the world today, NEEDS to be one of the ones who gets it right.

If not, where do we end up? What happens if we end up with a re-enactment of WWII nazi germany? The only difference is that this time the power in question is MUCH MUCH larger and stronger. What then??

The curtain falls.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: The I's to Blame [Re: CJay]
    #3441734 - 12/03/04 12:44 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

CJay said:
I'm not angry dude

I just think it's funny you started a thread saying it takes two to have a war....and advising others to look at themselves in order to place blame, rather than others...when you quite obviously aren't!

Your poem clevely pointed at those people and away from yourself and the USA, yet it also says look at 'I'

I=ego=me

author of the poem included

Quite true as well.

"Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong..."

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: The I's to Blame [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3441778 - 12/03/04 12:53 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Some people confuse me in a disturbing way.

--------------------

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
Re: The I's to Blame [Re: exclusive58]
    #3441813 - 12/03/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Like people who are always vague with insults.

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #3441823 - 12/03/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Look how anyone is treated with an opinion. You are so oppressed in your mind that you look down on anyone with anything to say. I'm saying if you fight in any war, you are dumb.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3441906 - 12/03/04 01:23 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

I'm saying if you fight in any war, you are dumb.

bravo!

Let's be free and show governments the world over that we don't need them or their mind oppressing ways. They are all as bad as each other. Why should we support any of them?
disgusting slimey phillistines the lot of them! :grin:

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: SoCal
    #3441939 - 12/03/04 01:30 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

debating politics.....in a spirituality and philosophy forum...oh the "I" rony. j/k have fun.

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #3441954 - 12/03/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Everything is natural. I'm not saying this writing I do is going to stop any war. It is probably more likely to start one because people like yourself who can't read. It made me cringe to look at your interpretation of my words because they are nowhere near what I said. You cast the stereotype of people thinking incorrectly onto me because my work is out of the ordinary, this world. You shouldn't back down from anyone causing injustice at all in my opinion. But you should also do what I am doing, trying to spread the word that things aren't as they seem. Everyone thinks the USA is this evil thing, which it is at the top. But everyhwhere else there are trees and good people. War is inside and it spills over into the outside world. It has to be in you to get there to your war on time. If you think I'm an insane person, or if you want to hint at it, that's ok. I'm not going to believe you.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3442021 - 12/03/04 01:43 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Sorry dude...it didn't come over like that to me. Sounded a bit self pitying. Maybe I can't read...maybe you need to work on your verse.

Maybe we are both to blame - I and I

M8 I am spreading the word

Quote:

Everyone thinks the USA is this evil thing, which it is at the top. But everyhwhere else there are trees and good people

- did you read my last post?

Governments the world over are all the same.

Man enjoy the challenge of posting your work - we can all move forward together. I don't think you are insane, and your sentiments come much clearer from those last few posts.

I am insane tho - keep good humoured and enjoy to play - the future can be made today!

Big UP!! :sun:

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #3442108 - 12/03/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

It's all good. I have to put that mystery in my writing to be true to myself. It's fun to see what people read into it. Often I try to write lines that a person will see in it whatever they are.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3442668 - 12/03/04 05:09 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

First of all: this really belongs on the politics board.

I think that right now we are seeing the common human trait of attributing all evils to those with power. Because the US is the most powerful country naturally others would like to fit it into an underdog, good guy vs. bully typology. If we are strong we are therefore bad, and the weak must be good. This belief serves a purpose around the world by diverting people's attention from the shortcommings of their own government or society to the straw man that is the US.

What disturbs me is how uncritically people around the world, particularly in Europe, accept this political myth. Whereas in this country there is strong division over the US role in the world, places like Germany, France, Belguim and even the UK think overwhelmingly the same. It seems that unlike the US they avoid self-criticism or questioning their own political beliefs inasmuch as America isn't the object of contempt. I attribute this to a massive mob psychology and an unbalanced monolithicly anti-American media in Europe.

In this country we are very self-conscious and critical of our own actions and philosophies, but it seems that in Europe they have no such self-examination of their own bias against America and its root causes, mainly an inferiority complex, because it so easy to blame it all on somebody else across the Atlantic.

I think if somebody had responded to CJay in favor of Bush and the US in the way that he responded to sox24 he would be up in arms. "You don't like our foreign policy, boo hoo! Cry me a river!" Then the person would be hypocriticaly labeled as brainwashed and intolerant.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3443230 - 12/03/04 07:43 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

"I believe that to people in other countries, America often symbolizes their dissapointment. I think most of the hatred towards USA is justified, but like what the writing says, it takes two people to fight. The world needs to get wise, right now it isn't. No one is."

I remember izzard said that america is the new roman empire, and it's true. history keeps repeating itself, it's just now we've got a global economy and so way more countries are going to be involved when/if america goes down.

what this world needs is some compassion, and that is what we are truley lacking.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: SoCal
Re: The I's to Blame [Re: kaiowas]
    #3443567 - 12/03/04 09:35 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

if one doesnt like the state, or state they are in or live...then why would one stay in that state? only I can control I. Others (government,boss,mom,dad,the slow person driving in front of you,etc.) If one does not like..it is ones' only option to find something about "it" that one can like. feeling scared and confused happens. do not blame, how you yourself feel about something someone somewhere etc. ~only yourself can change the way you perseive things. In other words quit ur bitchin and deal with it....or change it. and by change it i mean pack up today and get the hell out before it gets any worse (for you). Damn!!! this country it is sooo evil!! and everyonewho lives here. maybe you should check out expedia.com and schedule the first flight out to somewhere better ( for you) as for me, i am content with this conten(t)ant.

sorry if this made absolutely no sense to anyone! words are a mutherfucker!

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology