Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: America [Re: ]
    #2315519 - 02/08/04 07:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well Effed, its not going to look any better from the outside now that you've already been here, unfortunately.

But OK..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2315619 - 02/08/04 08:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Its not just america, there is a pain here, a deep deep pain. Running away will not make it go away, standing on the outside wont make the view that much brighter, you just wont have to be subject to the end of the country.

It looks great from the outside, but when your inside, its a different story. Some people think that the rules we have governing the populace are the best things! But the people in the united states, and the government have a lot more to do. The problem is so big.

I hate thinking about it, its everywhere, all the f***ing time, but i dont know if i could just get up in leave. Either that, or i will just be miserable and die here, without making any significant change.

This country is filled with a lot of "showy" people, hell, i live in Dallas Ft. Work, another fascade heaquarters.

But I see a universal problem, stretched all throughout humanity, America is just the show.

--------------------
What?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: America [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2315711 - 02/08/04 08:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think the difference is inside yourself.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: America [Re: Effed]
    #2318057 - 02/09/04 01:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

American people live in a different reality, they are living inside a dream where reality comes knocking the door now and then. Look around you, this isn't a fucking movie, people have died, suffered and starved and they keep doing so just because of monopolistic US interests.
After all, which country rules the world ? And what's its prime engine ?
Welcome to the neo-colonialist era and its globalization ....

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: America [Re: MAIA]
    #2318090 - 02/09/04 02:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:
American people live in a different reality, they are living inside a dream where reality comes knocking the door now and then. Look around you, this isn't a fucking movie, people have died, suffered and starved and they keep doing so just because of monopolistic US interests.
After all, which country rules the world ? And what's its prime engine ?
Welcome to the neo-colonialist era and its globalization ....

MAIA

what i really dont understand about the amerikkkan reality..is how the majority views imperialism and fascism as liberty itself..rather than a threat to liberty...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: America [Re: Effed]
    #2318121 - 02/09/04 02:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This thread is very sad on many different levels. I was born in America, but moved out of the country a few years ago. I have a unique perch from which I can observe American life, from an American point of view, without being caught in the day-to-day rat race.

The number one problem with America is the media. The media needs ratings to make money. People tune in to watch big news, which happens every now and then. As a media outlet, I want big news to happen all the time. Since that simple doesn't occur, I will instead make mountains out of mole hills, and treat them as something big and important.

For example... Janet Jackson popped a nipple on live TV. Every last American that I have spoken to about this has said, "I don't see what the big deal is... it was a nipple... so what?" At the same time, if you listen to the media, this pierced piece of flesh is the worst thing that has happened since Hitler started genocide. Every last foreigner that I have spoken with thinks that Americans are bonkers. What they don't understand is that the majority of Americans don't care at all about Janet's nipple on prime time TV. There is a huge difference between what the media portrays as American and what the average American actually feels or believes.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: America [Re: Seuss]
    #2318356 - 02/09/04 03:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Exactly! And as I said...this is a big problem because the only thing us foreingers get to see from America is the media coming out of it.

Looking at the media paints a grim, dumbass picture of Americans.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2319044 - 02/09/04 06:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Seuss has a great point.

MAIA, what do you mean by monopolistic US interests? Actually, what does most of your thread mean? Because US citizens live in a better economy than some other countries means they live in dreamland? It means they never suffer?

Annapurna1, I don't quite understand your post either.

Sigh...I see so much generalization towards Americans in S&P.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Anonymous

#2319580 - 02/09/04 08:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2319609 - 02/09/04 09:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Man is brutal and savage and no political solution of earth will ever fix that problem. Ever.

Agreed (unfortunately).

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2319642 - 02/09/04 09:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thats exactly what i said, and i think this what everybody should keep in mind.

People can only change themselves. In the end, it is up to them to decide what they will or will not do.

--------------------
What?

Anonymous

Re: America [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2319664 - 02/09/04 09:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

Re: America [Re: Viaggio]
    #2320851 - 02/10/04 09:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

what do you mean by monopolistic US interests? Actually, what does most of your thread mean?

That was quick response, sorry if it made no sense to you. When i say "monopolistic US interests" i mean economical interest towards an absolute objective, which is controlling many specific key production segments in order to keep the command of the world economy.
Just to give you an example, i lived for 6 years in a south american country, that was from 1982 to 1988. I saw american products and american cars everywhere, i went to school in a yellow school bus, had the same tech you guys had (playing pacman on the atari 2600 :cool:), i even learned how to use a mac, just to say i saw the extent of the US culture had taken control of the native/national society, in not only economical aspects but also in some cultural aspects too. When i came back to Europe, the place i was born, nothing of this existed but it was growing everyday and still does today. First McDonalds was opened here in 1991, kind of late don't you think ? Today there are more than 80 in the whole contry. First American car sold here was the Cherookee in 1995, just ot tell you such economical conquest happens in a very dynamic way, through time and sometimes in a subtile maner but you can really feel it happening. It asfixiates an open but small culture like ours, look at our mediterranic diet, we have a 50% increase in heart desieases thanks to this change in our diet over the last 10 years. This is just an example but it serves its purpose to explain that such politics are made thanks to some expantionist and monopolistic measures on the behalf of a better and stronger US economy. Is it good to me and others like myself ? I don't think so.

Quote:

Because US citizens live in a better economy than some other countries means they live in dreamland? It means they never suffer?

That's the paradox. You do live in a better economy than other countries, most western countries do but it's a materialistic dreamland created thanks to 3rd world countries resources which the US control and exploit economically, if is not done directly, it is done indirectly by polictics (and its control by) puppet governments. Is this the dreamland you want ? 5% of the population exploiting the 95% that's left ?
I don't get it when you say "they never suffer", what do you mean, the US ? What i know is the world is suffering thanks to US neo-colonialist politics.

Please don't get me wrong, i don't hate americans or anything like that, it goes against what i believe in life. I've already met some americans and most i've met were interesting and intelligent people, i know plenty of americans right here in the shroomery and they are awesome people. See that's what i feel about americans and america, you are capable of the most incredible and good things manking has ever achieved but you are also capable of the most awfull and obscure actions. What more can i say, fuck your government and take a good hold on your life, not on Janets tits.

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#2320924 - 02/10/04 10:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

If another country were to be the "big gun" do you think the situation on this planet would be any better? I certainly don't.

Agreed. What if the USSR had taken over the world ? We wouldn't be here today but that's not my point.
Today political and economical situation is the result of the consolidation of the US politics after the communist block fall. Who's left to face the US in the most important issues ? No one.
My point is, mankind is achieving a new consciousness which is much more aware and critic, that is because we have many ways to get information. But many of this information is filtered through the media, so i agree with Seuss and his criticism towards the media. I'm capable of watching CNN over here and the picture i see is opportunistic and biased info. That's how i see the mind of most of the american population, alienated, be it through the movies or the TV. Remember we act and behave according to what our senses obtain, at the end, the vision of our reality is made up by this images and voices entering our heads everyday. I see it as the final concept of mind control, it looks like we are free but we're not or at least we don't have full control of our freedom because our behavior, the expression of our mind has already been set.

Quote:

Man is brutal and savage and no political solution of earth will ever fix that problem.

Politics is just an ordered confrontation of interests. Confrontation and interests are not known to fix anything or if they do, the benefit is only for a few.

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Anonymous

#2321249 - 02/10/04 01:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #2321276 - 02/10/04 01:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

To sum up what Maia explained to you in a mere one-liner you're familiar with, viaggio:

when you build maybe one ramshackle bridge in a lifetime, and suck way more than a thousand cocks, don't expect to be remembered as a bridge-builder :wink:

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: America [Re: Aldous]
    #2321598 - 02/10/04 02:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

America is my home, and I am proud.

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2323329 - 02/11/04 06:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, we got that Viaggio, but what are you proud of?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: America [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2323370 - 02/11/04 07:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am proud of so much, I wouldn't know where to begin...my quality of life, my freedoms. They're protected.

--------------------

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#2323401 - 02/11/04 07:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i hope you're not proud of the media...because it really is the #1 problem right now.

the best way to change america is to educate americans.
media is quickest way to do that, and american media is keeping people ignorant.
also, your "protected freedoms" are largely superficial.

to reiterate what MAIA said...
Quote:

Remember we act and behave according to what our senses obtain, at the end, the vision of our reality is made up by this images and voices entering our heads everyday. I see it as the final concept of mind control, it looks like we are free but we're not or at least we don't have full control of our freedom because our behavior, the expression of our mind has already been set.

so you may have your "freedoms", but look at the rest of the world....

in my eyes america is anything but a proud nation. just think about the actual land this country is founded on...who lived here before we did?
and where do they live now?
it sickens me.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom