Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
nothing matters
    #3377268 - 11/18/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nothing at all, i mean it. life is fucking pointless and once i can truly accept this and let go of everything i think i know the endless possiblities will be avaliable for me to explore.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: nothing matters [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3377282 - 11/18/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Enlightenment isn't so easily found.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: nothing matters [Re: vc77]
    #3377289 - 11/18/04 12:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

wasnt enlightenment realising that nothig matters?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinePopeHypocriteIII
Stranger

Loc: 123 Fake Street, Nonexist...
    #3377506 - 11/18/04 01:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

With that attitude, of course nothing matters - and no, enlightenment has little if anything to do with nihilism. I don't believe that there is any inherent meaning to life, but that doesn't justify the conclusion that nothing matters. The point, I think, is for every individual to invest their own life with meaning and to decide for themselves what matters. If you are committed to the fundamental worthlessness of the world, I think that demonstrates a distinct lack of compassion and a worrying disenchantment with your life as it is at the moment.

OfflineCrispyInfidel
Stranger
Re: nothing matters [Re: PopeHypocriteIII]
    #3377508 - 11/18/04 01:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

and how did you come to this conclusion? did you peer into the metaphysical?

i prefer going about it this way....

"i believe in everything
and nothing, simultaneously

everything matters to me
and of course nothing matters"

Edited by CrispyInfidel (11/18/04 01:58 AM)

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3377647 - 11/18/04 03:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. There is no point, and its fucking hilarious.

We all create these conditions, meanings, points, when in reality there is none.

There is no point but this is GOOD. Endless possibility arises from this realization.

When you have no destination, all destinations are open to you.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: nothing matters [Re: CrispyInfidel]
    #3377660 - 11/18/04 03:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

we don't know if life is pointless and we don't know if there is any meaning to it either. but to wonder about the meaning of life is indeed pointless. like in the story the buddha told: the man that was shot with an arrow and instead of looking for a way to remove it and heal the wound, he keeps asking who shot the arrow and why.

"the mystery of things, where is it?
where is it, that it doesn't show
at least to prove us it is a mystery?
what knows the river of all this and what knows the tree?
and i, not more than them, what do i know of such?
every time i look at things and think of what man think of them,
i laugh like a stream sounding fresh upon a rock.

because the only hidden meaning of things
is that they don't have any hidden meaning at all,
and more strange than all strangeness
than all the dreams of all the poets
than all the thoughts of all the philosophers,
is that things be really what they seem to be
and nothing there be to understand.

yes, here's what my senses learned on their own:
things have no meaning: they exist.
things are the only hidden meaning of things."

alberto caeiro - translation from portuguese

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #3377670 - 11/18/04 03:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm working on my life's philosophy that will prove nothing matters and nothing energies are completely interchangable. Something like E = MC Hammer.

Stop!

Hammer time.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: nothing matters [Re: SpecialEd]
    #3377755 - 11/18/04 04:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"that no 'thing', indeed matters"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3377774 - 11/18/04 05:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
nothing at all, i mean it. life is fucking pointless and once i can truly accept this and let go of everything i think i know the endless possiblities will be avaliable for me to explore.

You simply do not know yourself. If you knew yourself, you would find an unlimited universe of meaning within you. You are simply unenlightened. Enlightenment is realizing that Meaning of Being.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: nothing matters [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3377823 - 11/18/04 05:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""Enlightenment is realizing that Meaning of Being.""

even if the meaning of being, is to mean to be?
:confused:

unenlightened is Enlightenment??

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Anonymous

#3378317 - 11/18/04 08:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There's no inherent meaning in the Isness. When one stops attaching meanings to things that have none, endless possibilities as you say become available.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: nothing matters [Re: ]
    #3378325 - 11/18/04 08:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"nothing matters, just like everything"
-unknown :p

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3379134 - 11/18/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to put a different spin on "nothing matters". By itself, it makes it sound like feelings and thoughts don't matter and thats not the case.

The whole spiritual "thingy" about nothing matters is related to this; nothing of MATTER matters-physical stuff. The physical stuff of this life are just stage props for playing out the grand illusion of the self/spirit essense.

When you make your thoughts and feelings matter and those of others, you turn them into things that matter to you and meaning comes from that. Meaning is what we are after.

To look at life as a purely physical event is to have it pass you by as you will miss the essense of it.

I remember being a kid, growing up with parents who had to eek out every penny, it was hell. heaven forbid one of us got into an accident with dads car before we could buy our own. It was all about how stupid or careless any of us were and how much money it was going to cost to get it fixxed.

I hung out with the rich kids in my teens, they were living in wonder lands. They could smash up a mazeratti and it would be all about, "OMG are you okay? At least you're alright, a car can be fixxed or replaced but not you, my precious one."

I oftened wondered which came first, the money and material things things of matter and then the freedom to focus on thoughts and feelings "essense well being" or does the wealth in it, begin to become reflected by material wealth, things of matter with meaning.

I noticed what thoughts and feelings you place importance upon become reflected as well. People who focused on negative thoughts and feelings about themselves in an area had material lack in those areas of life. People who focused on positive emotions and thoughts in an area had a wealth of matter reflected in those areas of life.

What thoughts and emotions we give meaning to is what we turn into things that matter to us and or things of matter.

To ease suffering, never start with making things of matter, matter to you. Start with positive thoughts and feelings, give them personal meaning to you and watch what will come to matter in your life bloom? If you start with negative/painful thoughts and feelings and give them personal meaning to you watch what will come to matter in your life, the lack in that area of it.

These are like self perpetuating cycles, upspins and down spins. The upspins pull in creative energy and the down spins suck creative energy right out of it, leaving one with a lot of lack. Each feeds into themselves and become powerful forces of energy that become more difficult to break from.

look at people with the midas touch who loose and gain again and again with ease. Look at others who just loose and loose again and again with ease.

The midas people see loss as a part of the creative stage, a breaking down of one set so another grander one can be built.

The loosers see loss as a punishment and start focusing on the theatre itself being taking away from them as their sense of self worth diminishes. The repo man keeps coming and coming to take away. Thats what the negatives in math do, they take away, same with life.

If you don't follow a negative with a positive, you will fall out of balance and move into lackville.

if you follow negatives with negatives, you run into serious lackville. Even if you take the physical steps to make something of matter appear, the negative energy behind it will be followed by the repo man.

If you take positive steps and actions not feeling loss, but opportunity to rebuild a new stage, the midas follows you and adds gold to all you do.

LOL, I just realised I got caught up into a thought stream waahoooooooooo and was running with it.

Just bare in mind, I'm not talking about material bank accounts. There are two savings and checking accounts you want to keep tabs on. What you deposit and withdrawl from your emotional self will come to matter and what you deposit and withdrawl from your mental account will come to matter.

Watch what goes in and out of them and what sits in reserve? Bare in mind, banks make interest and build on the wealth of accounts by loaning out money-same as giving away positive cash flow of positive thoughts and emotions. if you hoard, your account will not only build into a wealth of being, you will have to make withdrawls from it in life to survive and it will dwindle.

bare in mind some people have wealthy mental accounts and dwindling emotional ones. Those imbalances are reflected in the matter of life in interesting ways. Same as some have wealthy emotional accounts and poor mental ones. Those are reflected back in interesting ways too. Ever see a monitarily poor family, not to intellectual, but rich in love as if they have been rewarded with such closeness and tight bonds? They understand emotional banking.

Ever see a finacially wealthy family who has means to care for things, but they don't care for each other at all? They understand mental banking.

A healthy balanced life understand the banking transactions of both accounts.

In summary, yes, nothing of matter matters in itself. What we make matter with meaning is what turns into things of matter. The journey of that alchemy reveals the things of non matter to us. It is about what doesn't matter, what is not of matter and we will never know that side of life until we see our reflection of it in the material mirror of this physical life.

Jiggy exists stage left.................................

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: nothing matters [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3379306 - 11/18/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

meaning is within you., you can distribute it to external stuff as you see fit. you choose what is meaningfull to you.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: nothing matters [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3379353 - 11/18/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Right Moonshoe.

Now address the people who find meaning in life being meaningless. Adress people who find meaning in lack pain and suffering. Do they realise what they are doing and the meaning fo that?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3379354 - 11/18/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Our lives are no more important than the lives of nematoads. We're just complex beings who expirence life/death cycles. There is no magic, no fantasy realm (besides what we make up), this life is just an expirence and that is all.

There is a hell of a lot more to this Universe than we can fathom, but there is no council of beings that play games with us, there is only natural order (fractal-based holgraphic systems).

Tell me one thing that matters. Go ahead, name it.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Edited by psyka (11/18/04 12:52 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: nothing matters [Re: psyka]
    #3379391 - 11/18/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's for you to decide. I can tell that you decided to make "nothing matters" matter to you and our complexity and cycles. What does that mean to you? If it means nothing to you then nothing matters to you.

The question is what nothing having matter means to you? I can tell you another thing. You'll have a life experience full of matter filled with nothing.

Choices choices choices, even choosing nothing is a choice, a cause that results in an effect.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/18/04 12:35 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: nothing matters [Re: psyka]
    #3379415 - 11/18/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

And you made this thread matter to you. It had meaning to you because it was about nothing having matter. You imparted nothing to it and will walk away with nothing from it. That matters to you.

You can't escape it, this cycle itslef, you can only transition it from one thing of matter to the next with a change of meaning.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3379451 - 11/18/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So whose choice matters?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag