Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: alisia]
    #3356004 -

We don't have one of those, those 3 are the hardware type places we have. But thanks.


--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: thenewuser]
    #3356224 -

I like silica gel for drying. They are little bead like things that you should be able to find in a craft store or walmart. Silica gel is used for drying flowers and such. It's about $6-7 for a small jug of the stuff and can be reused pry hundreds of times. GL


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: pshawny]
    #3357508 -

Search for desiccants (spelled like that) at google..you can find some different kinds that you can get delivered for pretty cheap.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3357641 -

Well, honestly, if they are going to get eatin in a week or 3, does it matter that much, if they still bend?


--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: thenewuser]
    #3357860 -

Yes, it matters alot. Not only will you not be able to get a correct dose because you dont know how much water is in there (a gram will be anywhere from 1.1-2 grams when "slightly bendy" so you could eat as little as half as what you weigh out in dry weight) but they can certainly not only absorb more moisture but with that moisture alone rot. It's very important to get your shrooms cracker dry if your going to dry them or if your going to store them for more then a week.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3357909 -

Okay, I put them all back on the fan. so the stems should break off like a cracker when I apply pressure?


--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: thenewuser]
    #3357949 -

Ok I put them all back in my fan/chamber contraption, I'll leave them in there until wensday.

I'm assuming over drying them will not hurt them.


--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: thenewuser]
    #3357963 -

Overdrying without heat definatly wont hurt them..that will probably be the best way to store them..the fan may not get them cracker dry (only will if you have a low ambiant rh) but it will get them as dry as possible without desiccants. A fan would also keep them from rotting for a while. Those silca packets are often found in food and clothing too by the way..I know Sam gets his that way and my storage containers all have silica packets from when I worked at a clothing company taking all the ones that came in the leather jackets.

The stems shouldnt bend at all and should snap easily. The whole thing should crush between your fingers the way a cracker would.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3358026 -

okay I can't get ahold of any desiccants anyway, the rh is like 40% in the room. I'm really not sure what to do here, I don't want to mess up the doses and I don't want to get sick from rot, fan drying is the best I can do as of right now.

Thanks for helping me btw, next dose I'm just going to take 4g's of these. If 2 hours later and I'm not feeling it, I'll take more. I'll go to lowes and look for silca.


--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: thenewuser]
    #3358030 -

many days on fan will get em cracker dry....i always read about people getting cracker dry in 2-3 days or so, wtf?? afoaf always takes 4-6days...


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: dobinky]
    #3358228 -

silica is usualy found at craft stores(eg. Micheals), tell them you're drying flowers and you need a desicant, i'm sure they'll have something. :o

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3358274 -

Thank you very much. After Wen. I'll make my storage tupperware look like this:

----------shrooms
----------alum foil w/ holes
----------silca

Thanks for all the help guys.


--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: thenewuser]
    #3358278 -

simplicity!


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: dobinky]
    #3358368 -

The dryer the longer they last (1 year i think??), but after awhile they eventuall gather moisture, Me? i'm grinding mine up and putting them in pill capsules!!! GL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3358404 -

they only need to last a week or 3 max. I plan on doing a 4g dose monday after next, so we will see how the drying worked out.


--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd flush questions. (Also am I drying these right?) [Re: thenewuser]
    #3359090 -

they dont need to be cracker dry if youre only keeping them for 3 weeks. Get em close, but for that time period damprid should not be needed, even if your RH is %40 (which is very dry, btw). Put a fan blowing directly on them in a dark closet. Get a small space heater to raise the closet temp to around 80 as this will lower the humidity and speed up the drying prcess. If this is done you will get them almost cracker in a couple days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 2nd Flush Questions not covered elsewhere freshjive 1,783 1 09/06/02 05:08 AM
by eternal
* 2nd flush cakes look different? wigbinner 3,653 3 07/18/01 12:22 PM
by J_Twista
* Re: 2nd flush (pic)
( 1 2 all )
toadlicker 6,115 21 04/05/01 02:02 AM
by otto i love ta get blotto
* Drying using silica sand? SumGuy 1,198 3 09/11/01 11:11 PM
by oscill8
* 2nd. flush on casing? knurd 3,512 5 11/26/05 11:42 AM
by Oatman2000
* 2nd, and 3rd Flush Questions malibu76 3,126 2 07/25/02 06:09 AM
by bluhoney
* Need tips on the 2nd flush. Ughh, beady little pin Northernsoul 5,403 1 03/10/02 04:31 AM
by Glacius
* 2nd Flush Probs NugDumper 2,772 2 08/08/01 09:40 PM
by MattyB

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,315 topic views. 15 members, 69 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.