Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
The Blessed Mountain
    #3155407 - 09/20/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You may have heard of the Blessed Mountain. It is the highest mountain in our world. Should you reach the summit you would have only one desire, and that to descend and be with those who dwell in the deepest valley. That is why it is called the Blessed Mountain.

~Kahlil Gibran Sand and Foam

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: The Blessed Mountain [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3155456 - 09/20/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I appreciate that you posted that, jiggy. I have ideas on what I think it means. What do you think it means?

The summit would be spiritual, wouldn't it? Because it's a "blessed" mountain? It's not talking about materialism, right? I could imagine if it were a spiritual summit that you had reached, that that would put you above a lot of people, but you would want to go back to them to share what you learned, or just to be with them.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Blessed Mountain [Re: Frog]
    #3155796 - 09/20/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Your take is "similiar" to mine. The only way I see the above pat is that your perspective on the valley is different. It looks so rich and fertile from up above. (has nothing to do with being superior or any of that stuff.)

from an experiential place, after checking out the view, you begin to realise, that it's sort of boring up there by yourself having no one to share the view with , so yes, you want to go back into the valley and share with them.

I posted this because I think it sends a neat message about spiritual elitism, ya know people who think they are above (superior) to others once they reach a summit of sorts. It's not about getting to the summit in itself. A lot of people start climbing in vain to escape the lowly valley only to find lowly doesn't mean worse, just different.

From the summit, you can see things in the valley you didn't see before, it looks so beautiful and you develop an appreciation and fascination for whats going on int the valley that you never had before.

So you journey back down into the valley. You now feel that with your new perspective, you can make your experience in the valley much more fullfining and enjoyable, knowing this time, it was your choice to be there and you hope you won't "forget again" to appreciate it.

That is why it is called, the blessed mountain. maybe someone else has gotten something else from it. I really like this piece, glad you enjoyed it too frog!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3156015 - 09/20/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

BWT, anyone who thinks they are superior to others because they are looking down on them has not reached THE summit of "the blessed mountain."

The summit of the blessed mountain is the summit of awe and humility and with each journey back up it, it gets higher and higher, but the view and understanding it from it becomes ever more refined and useful when you journey back into the valley.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3156315 - 09/20/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What of those who have begun the climb to the peak before they could remember the grounded valley? How do the lost journey back to unfamiliar lands?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The Blessed Mountain [Re: psyka]
    #3156335 - 09/20/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yeah even after looong wonderfull periods of god conciousness/ God experience, I eventually reach a point where i feel like going back down to ol 3D world to check in with my friends and family, and I definetly have the desire to open their eyes to these wonderfull experiences.

This is mountain thing is a good metaphor for the whole bodhisatva/christ thing. THey were both DONE their jobs on earth, ready to ascend into heaven/nirvana, but they came back to help out the rest of the slugs.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Blessed Mountain [Re: psyka]
    #3156529 - 09/20/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Psyka,

I would love to address your question as best I can, only I completely do not understand what the question is  :blush:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3157807 - 09/20/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"a lovely view of heaven but i'd rather be with you"
standing on the moon, the grateful dead.....

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3158504 - 09/20/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thus Zarathustra began to go under.

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3159670 - 09/21/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That is beautiful jiggy, exactly how i see it too :smile:

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3159701 - 09/21/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

this made me think, if you keep going back and forth on this mountain and sustain it, it creates a paradox which is humor. lol

does that make any sense? or is it just me?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Blessed Mountain [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3160362 - 09/21/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It makes sense to me and I would call it a part of the cosmic joke.

Go up and down it enough times while retaining memory and yes, the journies become more amusing. They tend to start off with a life or death seriousness and then it starts to become difficult to take anything seriously.

Maybe it has to do with noticing more each time that you didn't before. Maybe its a part of veils peeling away.

Like peeling away someones clothes, how seriously could you take George Bush or Osamah Bin Ladin giving a national address in their tighty whities?

It gets really freaking funny when you realise that the mountain never even was real. It was all in your imagination. You laugh and laugh wondering what all of that struggling to climb it was all about.

You laugh even harder when you realise, you always had that view from right within the valley and just didn't know it until you overcame your inner duality struggles.

Once you leave our gravitational field and the planet, there is no such thing as lower and higher, up or down, only faster and slower vibrations and random points.

I'll stop at that. Boy, there's nothing like taking something simple and complicating it for some mind stretching exercises! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Thanks for the inspiration White Russian!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#3160888 - 09/21/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

there is a time when everything is as it seems in this world, and then most of the posters here are going through a time where things are not as they seem and trying to get themselves really pure with the universe... and then there are a few who have truly finally truly came into themselves
that has another mountain aphorism, ironically - first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, and then there is. :wink:

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3162248 - 09/21/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: The Blessed Mountain [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #3162486 - 09/21/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Or, one realizes he is the mountain, the valley, and the view.

:smile:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Blessed Mountain [Re: deff]
    #3162515 - 09/21/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Realising you are the mountain, valley and view is the seconds mountains challenge after the first one fades. the ironic one comsic joke reffered to. I wonder what the mountain challenge after that one will be, realising you are the are not within the what is? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3162529 - 09/21/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Realizing you are?

Of course, everyone has their own 'mountains' to climb before they get the the one we all share.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#3163008 - 09/21/04 11:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well, i think you are where you started, without the limits and set backs you originally were just sort of stuck with. after you gave up your attachments to purify yourself, you came back into them without their restraints and reach whole new levels of joy, taking form in your relationships with other, your skills and arts, etc.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#3163026 - 09/21/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

repeat the universal cycle of life as often as possible to feel alive and free :wink:

--------------------

OfflineWhiteRussian
    #3164659 - 09/22/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think they should change the mountain to a toilet, life is like when you fall in a toilet, and you attempt to get out, but you never will untile you die, then your back at the place you've started...lol sorry im stoned..........

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order