Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: God Bless America [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4455381 - 07/26/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Making opinions based on no support is the definition of ignorance."

You are totally discounting my original post. I did say why I felt that way...and you did not agree. At that point my opinion and the reason was stated so no factual support was relevant because because communications are open to interpretation and the scorn in your original post was clear.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: God Bless America [Re: spud]
    #4455391 - 07/26/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"You should really consider converting to Christianity."

More intolerance...shame on you....

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4455395 - 07/26/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

More?

Where was the first instance of it?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: God Bless America [Re: Redstorm]
    #4455409 - 07/26/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I do not need to requote myself. Read the other posts I have made in this thread.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4455415 - 07/26/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you're talking about his initial post, there is no intolerance there. He is merely pointing out the absurdity of something obviously absurd.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: God Bless America [Re: Redstorm]
    #4455431 - 07/26/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Patriotic Americans amuse me no end. Its so obvious that the whole ridiculous patriotic attitude is based on nothing more than parental/government prescribed child-hood brainwashing. Of course, this is only my "opinion", so I'm completely exempt from ever having to back it up. :lol:

My favorite thing to do with Americans is to name every state in America and then ask them where Wales is. They usually don't know, or they answer with something like "Is that somewhere in England?". This is of course, always very funny, and highly embarrassing for the American. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: God Bless America [Re: Sinbad]
    #4455455 - 07/26/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have no problem with patriotic Americans; hell, I am one. What I do believe is silly is when I hear people talk about the Christian God like he is exclusive to Americans.

Also, what is silly is when people believe they can debate using an unfounded opinion.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4455476 - 07/26/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
My God already did bless me. That is why I am always right.

:rofl2:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4455556 - 07/26/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Patriotic Americans amuse me no end. Its so obvious that the whole ridiculous patriotic attitude is based on nothing more than parental/government prescribed child-hood brainwashing.

You opinion is your opinion, but I see patriotism as a pragmatic thing. For one, being a patriot does not mean to always agree that your government is right. A true patriot points out governmental corruption and the elimination of our freedoms as errors in the system so that they may be corrected. My vision of patriotism extends to loving my country for it's land, and people and many of it's ideals. Ideals with which I do not agree I seek to change. My patriotism extends to the good of the land and the people, and if the government does not support the land and the people it must be forced to change. I am not discussing the childlike obediance to authority figures many people express, but having the courage to support your country while admitting it's imperfections so that change may occurr. I hope that you feal the same responsibility for your country. We should always contribute to our tribe's survival.

--------------------

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4455575 - 07/26/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
You opinion is your opinion, but I see patriotism as a pragmatic thing. For one, being a patriot does not mean to always agree that your government is right. A true patriot points out governmental corruption and the elimination of our freedoms as errors in the system so that they may be corrected.

I wish somebody would say that on Fox News and CNN. It's an unfortunate case of labeling, but those who follow the gov't blindly are NOT patriots, they're flag-wavers and there's a HUGE difference.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4455633 - 07/26/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
My vision of patriotism extends to loving my country for it's land, and people and many of it's ideals.

What about the rest of the world? I try my damnedest to have love for everyone, not just the people who fall within certian ink excretions.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: God Bless America [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4455784 - 07/26/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Most people's idea of 'love' is a foggy, romtanicised, blinding, conceptually distorted form of attachment.

Hue, why not try loving all of Gods creations 'unconditionally', that way you wont get conditioned by man-made notions of separation and boundaries. Boundless compassion sees no distinction between Iraqi human beings, and American ones.

America makes such a big deal of September 11th, but people quickly forget about the thousands of innocent lives taken by Americans, in a country that they obviously deem to not be blessed by there version of 'God'.

I dont think Americans or the British for that matter, have much at all these days to be patriotic about, when our countries leaders and politicans preach about the "evils" of terrorism, whilst raining down much worse acts of terrorism upon other countries.

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (07/26/05 04:07 PM)

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#4456248 - 07/26/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hue gives us Americans a bad name.

I've traveled a lot, including the Middle East.

He's the exact American persona they all make fun with.

I can't stand the attitude that divinity favors arbitrary geographic locations.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #4456480 - 07/26/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

God Bless America
simply is a statement of fear that
God Might Not Bless America
therefore the hope that
God Will Bless America.

One wonders what the bumper sticker placer
really felt guilty about,
and why they felt the need to hide their fear and guilt
behind the huge Abstraction called America.

My guess is that like myself,
they probably masturbate too much,
and think that God will swoop down ,
and chop their head off someday
through the mediation of some Islamic
non-masturbating
truely religious
self righteous
person, and so

God Bless America.

(I didn't mean to fuck my best friend's wife!)

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
Re: God Bless America [Re: eve69]
    #4456565 - 07/26/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:rofl2:

:handth:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: God Bless America [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4456640 - 07/26/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"What about the rest of the world? I try my damnedest to have love for everyone, not just the people who fall within certian ink excretions."

I was defining patriotism. Of course I have kinship and empathy for all humans, but just as I put familly above others I put my fellow countymen above others in a similar fashion....because I must live with them.

--------------------

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #4456677 - 07/26/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

is it okay to put whites above others aswell? :smile:

Edited by Arp (07/26/05 05:49 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4456687 - 07/26/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Once again I was defining patriotism. Do not make the generalization of thinking that I support the wrongdoings of my country. I do not support the war in Iraq because it is a huge mistake and an abuse of power. I have advised one of my children (who is 17) against serving in the armed forces and supporting such a war. I myself served proudly as a warrior in my country's service for 4 years. I attended Infantry training at Ft. Benning Ga. and I attended Airborne School at the same. If I were younger I would not now serve because I think that more harm than good is beeing done to everyone involved. That does not mean I do not support my country. It also does not mean that I do not have compassion for my fellow humans no matter what their nationality. I must tell you however that I was raised in a very fundamentalist part of the US and I learned about compassion for others and racial equality as a truth while in the Army. I was required by my unit to donate a percentage of my wages to global charities fighting hunger. Once again patriotism means that you love your country...warts and all, and that you try to make a difference.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4456692 - 07/26/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Hue gives us Americans a bad name.

I've traveled a lot, including the Middle East.

He's the exact American persona they all make fun with.

I can't stand the attitude that divinity favors arbitrary geographic locations."

Awesome!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Your pissed off. Better than being pissed on  :frown: :frown: :frown:
Peace

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: God Bless America [Re: Arp]
    #4456699 - 07/26/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No that is called racial prejudice. It is bad.....come on man you can do better than that!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom