Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Begining To See What Certain Concepts Mean
    #3105401 - 09/07/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I used to find myself pondering different theological ideas such as the concept of being connected to each other, and the analogy of being ?one mind?. One thing that would stick with me was a part Bill Hick?s comedy routine ?Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves.? I would often try to grasp what that meant and wondered how to experience something like that in order to really ?know? it on an emotional level. I understood the analogy on a literary level; however I think to really feel and understand it is a different thing.

Now that I?ve been experimenting more, and also maturing in life, I find that I?m seeing it that way more & more, and that my old way of seeing things is fading into the background. Before I would try to conceptualize the relevance of myself to everything, and how vast it all is. While I?d certainly see past the cultural context of everything, now I?m beginning to trust my own voice rather then the one that?s learned from my environment.

I?ve always thought, and still do think that most wisdom and ideology is designed to help people understand an experience or concept more so then a literal rule by which to live. So I really feel that attempting to experience these things and ponder them until it clicks is a very effective approach.

Has anyone else gone through this? Dealt with a paradigm to try to uncover some understanding, and then slowly had it make sense to the point of actually living it out? I feel like that?s the sort of path I?m on. I also try to refrain from simply believing it in a dogmatic sense, because that usually only serves the purpose of keeping a person safe from their fears. It?s like exploring who you are and then testing it out.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Begining To See What Certain Concepts Mean [Re: Twirling]
    #3105744 - 09/07/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Oh man I like this post :-) You just answered something that's been mad troubling me for a while now. Much thanks.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Begining To See What Certain Concepts Mean [Re: entiformatie]
    #3105884 - 09/07/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yes.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Begining To See What Certain Concepts Mean [Re: entiformatie]
    #3106191 - 09/07/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Glad you found it useful!

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3106195 - 09/07/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This was a refreshing post! I believe many are now going through the process of internalising, integrating and "emotionalising" concepts they toyed with and held out in front of them for a looong time.

I remember at the board where that demons and spirit guides article was posted that I posted here. Many were to afraid to even read a post with the word "demons" in the title. Those who were brave and curious were delighted by what they read as a bridge of understanding was being built like never before. They could go as far as to say they could intellectualize the information quite easily but had yet to emotionalise it into practice. A big step.

I finally bit the bullet and went for it as you wrote. I decided to just pull it all in and get to know the dark side for myself. And low and behold, it's been amazing. It's very misunderstood. I finally decided, what I hold "out there" can pose a threat to me. What I hold within, I am in control of and then have nothing to fear but myself.

To me, this is a huge step towards mastering acountibility and first cause responcibility and becoming empowered over fears of the unknown. Moving beyond the blame game and victim mentality is where I am at as far as "emotionalising goes".

We have been hit with a lot of information "Light" over the last few decades and now its time for a more profound level of love to enter the picture. Love can become a very destructive emotion when backed by fear. The light helps to remove fears and then love can take hold in a gentle way. This too I am moving from intellectualising to putting it into practice.  This is really a neat time of personal transformations for people and it's neat to be sharing in it with so many souls here and across the boards and in personal relationships!

To the shroomerites of S&P  :cheers:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3106253 - 09/07/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I went through some stuff a couple of years ago that caused me to see that we are all connected somehow, and that none of this matters, and I decided I didn't care about money any more, or what kind of car I drove. I realized that God was taking care of me, and stuff. It made life easier, and I didn't have to worry any more. I felt like I could "see" the choices that were available, and all I had to do is make the right choice to reach my destination in life.

After a couple of years of basically subsisting off of what I believed the Universe put before me, I decided to put more effort into the work I am doing and become successful, materialistically. I am enjoying the increase in income, even though one might say it is making me spiritually soft.

Now, I feel like I have gone 360 degrees. I'm not worrying, but I'm back to being goal-oriented. It's like a fine balancing act of trying to maintain the idea that we are connected, to help people, to be spiritual, but yet to also live in the world and pursue my goals, which appears to make me like everyone else.

And sometimes I find myself caught up in physical pursuits. Um, well, what I mean is pursuing things that placate the physical senses rather than the spiritual senses. Lately I'm having to remind myself that it's okay to pursue my dreams, but that I have to rise above being LAZY about trying to be a better human being.

It's nice to have money. It's nice to have goals. It's nice to have things. I just need to remind myself that they aren't important. If I lost everything, it would be okay, you know?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Begining To See What Certain Concepts Mean [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3106340 - 09/07/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I remember at the board where that demons and spirit guides article was posted that I posted here. Many were to afraid to even read a post with the word "demons" in the title. Those who were brave and curious were delighted by what they read as a bridge of understanding was being built like never before. They could go as far as to say they could intellectualize the information quite easily but had yet to emotionalise it into practice. A big step.

It's interesting to me too, because I used to be Christian. Breaking that old belief was extremely difficult, and getting over the barrier of fearing letting go of my beliefs was what kept me from it. The dark side of life usually isn't as scary as we make it out to be, simply because people tend to fear the worst, but once you reach an understanding, it's no longer threatening.

Quote:

Frog said:
Now, I feel like I have gone 360 degrees. I'm not worrying, but I'm back to being goal-oriented. It's like a fine balancing act of trying to maintain the idea that we are connected, to help people, to be spiritual, but yet to also live in the world and pursue my goals, which appears to make me like everyone else.

It's come around full circle, so to speak. I'm going through that a bit as well. I'm currently going back to college in order to get more stability in my life as well as explore the intellectual side of myself.

There is a pretty basic, but very important statement which I've realized. Functioning is a part of life. Balancing between spirtual growth and personal responsibilty is important. I don't see it as a negative thing to earn more money, I see it as a personal challenge, as long as we're not talking about earn more money in a shadey, greedy, or exploitive way, of course. But to do so naturally is a great thing!

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Begining To See What Certain Concepts Mean [Re: Frog]
    #3106349 - 09/07/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly!  :thumbup:

I have taken a resurgence back into material pursuits as well! At first, spirituality had me oppossed to the physical world and now, I want to get soooooooo into it like never before, in a new way. I want balance with it all. I want it all infused with universal spirit. Life is really kicking into high gear applying manifesting techniques and knowing it is okay to enjoy physical pleasures and pursuits and still maintain healthy spiritual well being.

The key is as you said, can you let it all go and be okay? I'm big on questioning my motives for why I want things now too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3106416 - 09/07/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling: Has anyone else gone through this? Dealt with a paradigm to try to uncover some understanding, and then slowly had it make sense to the point of actually living it out? I feel like that?s the sort of path I?m on. I also try to refrain from simply believing it in a dogmatic sense, because that usually only serves the purpose of keeping a person safe from their fears. It?s like exploring who you are and then testing it out.

I was raised on the bible and Catholic theology until I was 18, and then I switched to Christian dogma. The funny part is that, as you say, while I was simply mouthing the dogmatic part, I had fears about God and death.

When I went through whatever a couple of years ago, it was like figuring out what it all meant, all that I had learned previously. It was no longer dogma. It became a glimpse of an understanding of God, the Universe, people, etc. And of course I'm still learning. But I'm no longer afraid.

Quote:

jiggy: I'm big on questioning my motives for why I want things now too.

For several minutes now I've been trying to come up with an answer to why I now want to be successful on a material level.

Maybe it's just "okay" to be part of the material world, as long as we don't become dependent on it. It's important to have fun. If material things become too important, life's not as much fun.

But I still don't have an answer really as to why now I am pursuing success.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3106437 - 09/07/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling: I don't see it as a negative thing to earn more money, I see it as a personal challenge, as long as we're not talking about earn more money in a shadey, greedy, or exploitive way, of course. But to do so naturally is a great thing!

In my business, everyone is greedy and exploitive. I find myself getting caught up in "where's MY share?"

I work with several people now in an office. We are each of us independent, but we share cases. Sometimes, we're like children fighting over candy. At those times, I have to remind myself that it doesn't matter. But it can be easy to get caught up in it.

Someone once said "it isn't the destination, it's the journey", or something like that. I think we can pursue material success as long as we're having fun and not hurting anyone, especially ourselves, right?

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3106496 - 09/07/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You're in tough business where lines can get blurred to be sure. I think if you look for the win win you can always feel good about choices made.

It's okay to look out for yourself, who else is going too? It seems the more we do, other people tend to. It's as if we create a sense of self value that others sense and feed into supporting as well. These energy dynamics are neat to watch and study.

One of the reasons why i said that i look to question why I want what i want is to catch if I will feel bad or guilty for it. ussually, if thats the case, I learn something about myself at the moment "That is healing" and end up making a new choice.

The other reason is to make sure I am not wanting it to make false status impressions to put myself above others or in an effor to seek acceptance. If I can rule that out and realise I want things simply because they bring me joy....then they are MINE!

I think a lot of us come 360 with this because as we explore spirit and get past the detachment "physical things and pleasures are evil" stuff, we come to realise that we are creative beings realising our creative potential. This is being in our truth and it feels good and powerful and fullfilling as this human experience was designed to feel.

Just some more thoughts on this.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3106583 - 09/08/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

And excellent thoughts they are, jiggy.  :grin:

Quote:

It's okay to look out for yourself, who else is going too?

That's another fine line.  On the one hand, it's good to look out for others and make sure the cookies are divided up evenly.  On the other hand, there's always someone hovering over one's shoulder, looking to steal a cookie when the distributor isn't looking.  Gotta protect that cookie!  It's mine!  And people shouldn't steal, anyways. 

Quote:

One of the reasons why i said that i look to question why I want what i want is to catch if I will feel bad or guilty for it. ussually, if thats the case, I learn something about myself at the moment "That is healing" and end up making a new choice.

I hate that.  :grin:  But yes, it's healing, and puts one on a path of greater spiritual growth.

Quote:

The other reason is to make sure I am not wanting it to make false status impressions to put myself above others or in an effor to seek acceptance. If I can rule that out and realise I want things simply because they bring me joy....then they are MINE!

And I say "bravo" to that!

Quote:

I think a lot of us come 360 with this because as we explore spirit and get past the detachment "physical things and pleasures are evil" stuff, we come to realise that we are creative beings realising our creative potential. This is being in our truth and it feels good and powerful and fullfilling as this human experience was designed to feel.

Yes, I don't understand regarding material things and physical pleasures as evil.  Even Jesus enjoyed a glass of wine (didn't he???).  But he didn't worry about where he laid his head.

And if I am successful due to my creativity, my drive and hard work and knowledge, that success is just indicative of how good I am.  Maybe that's sort of it...the way we measure our success if how much money we can make at it?  Probably not, but it sounds good. 

I'll bet now somebody posts about how Mother Theresa didn't enjoy material success, but yet she became a well-known person for her charitable deeds.  But see, that's how I feel, too.  If I never become wealthy, that's fine.  God will provide for me the same way as he provided for her.  So, then, how does one measure success? 

I'm providing for a new tangent, I guess.  My mind is wandering and rambling and quite possibly making contradictions.

--------------------

Offlinethelion
    #3107062 - 09/08/04 03:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I went through some stuff a couple of years ago that caused me to see that we are all connected somehow, and that none of this matters, and I decided I didn't care about money any more, or what kind of car I drove. I realized that God was taking care of me, and stuff. It made life easier, and I didn't have to worry any more. I felt like I could "see" the choices that were available, and all I had to do is make the right choice to reach my destination in life.

After a couple of years of basically subsisting off of what I believed the Universe put before me, I decided to put more effort into the work I am doing and become successful, materialistically. I am enjoying the increase in income, even though one might say it is making me spiritually soft.

And sometimes I find myself caught up in physical pursuits. Um, well, what I mean is pursuing things that placate the physical senses rather than the spiritual senses. Lately I'm having to remind myself that it's okay to pursue my dreams, but that I have to rise above being LAZY about trying to be a better human being.

It's nice to have money. It's nice to have goals. It's nice to have things. I just need to remind myself that they aren't important. If I lost everything, it would be okay, you know?

Great post. It a tough balance. The only thing I can say is to keep listening to the voice in your head.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom