Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps) Pictorial
    #307912 - 05/03/01 01:04 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well i took this picture in 1992 when i visited relatives up in british columbia and my cousins took me liberty cap hunting for the first time and now mjshroomer has gone and stolen another image of mine.

just kidding, you should lock them up mj!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps) Pictorial [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #308535 - 05/03/01 01:36 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I loved hunting this mushroom, its true what they say, you walk into a field and see nothing... Then all of a sudden you see one or two, and just like magic you see LOTS all around you.....

I'll miss this years hunting in Iceland :frown:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps) Pictorial
    #308815 - 05/03/01 08:05 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

GGreatOne234,

Yes you only found the one page because I havent put page two in yet.

I just again eran out of web-space so I am going tohave to figure out how to put more images in. So far there are 17oo pictures on my shroom website. Of course one thirare now thumb-nails but as of today I can onlypost the rest of theimages at 72 DPI instead of 120 DPI.

later.

I have another page of liberty caps (27 images to post) and then I bevgan work on the cubies and then the Copelandia's.

Life is so simple when you are on drugs

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps) Pictorial [Re: mjshroomer]
    #310252 - 05/06/01 12:25 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

hey any idea if any mushies grow out in central Alberta in Canada? I know PS book had some reginal guide but i don'y have that book anymore

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps) Pictorial [Re: hubertd8]
    #310472 - 05/06/01 11:03 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Check Mappintg the Mycelial Netwoork article in the General info section of this forum. Whatever is in Alberta is listed there.

But remember it is possible tha you could have liberty caps and maybe evben P. cyanescens. Unless I listed them already, it would now be up to you to search for them if they are not there.

Mj

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
    #315145 - 05/11/01 07:15 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Some of the pictures on your site dont look at all like the semi's we get in the UK. I have never seen one where the cap starts to curl up around the edge, even when really old.. From what I can tell from the photos, nearby plants etc.. it looks like the places they are growing in are different too. Maybe the semi's on either side of the atlantic are slightly diferent genetically?

Heres some UK ones :smile:

I love that picture :tongue:

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps) Pictorial [Re: mm.]
    #315323 - 05/11/01 11:40 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

GOOD GRAVY! thats the most amazing shot i have seen of semi's! I love the way you can see the dew droplets formed on the grass. Those are some very happy libs. Also they seem to be growing from a fairly well maintained (clipped) lawn. Whats the deal there?
cardboard

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #315476 - 05/12/01 06:28 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hi MM,

May I have your permission to post this image at my site in a section called Other Peoples Photographs of Psilocybe semilanceata?

You would of course be given credit for the use of your phot and it will be there permently.

ALso check your private message box.Hi, that is a really great photograph of the liberty cap.

First I would like to explain that there are many variations in the shapes of the cap but they all have simialr characteristics in their genera which are common. an incurved ,margin in the cap when young, a striate margin, an umbo or a nipple, translucent when moist, a sticky pellicle or mucous membrane which is inseparatable from the cap, a hollow stem, fillaments on the sten, attached to the roots of wild grasses, etc.

That is why you see a variance.

And in England you also have Psilocybe strictipes and Psilcoybe sierrae which also macroscopically look similar to the liberty cap.. Only difference is under the microscope.

have a shroomy day,

Mj

OfflineIndiospree
addict
Loc: All over
    #315878 - 05/12/01 05:56 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Once I thought I found one, but it was pelliculosa psylocybe. I think the controversy needs to be bent over to see which is which, that's what I've heard, is just look under the gills and you can tell which one is the devil's work. Sometimes they grow right over by stuff. i'm going to see if all the lawn clippings the gardener has been dumping in the woods sprout mushrooms. So far this year I've seen some white ones with the srinkled cuts and the fleshy ones that went warp speed or something with the milky white thick but kind of waxy stalks. i love mushrooms and plan to never stop hunting them.

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
    #315882 - 05/12/01 06:01 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, feel free to put that photo on your site - i didnt it myself , it was taken by richard cooper in 1974. I scanned it in cos its phat. do you know whatare the criterea for creating a sub-species like P.semilanceata var. whatever beacause im sure the ones in the uk dont show as much variation as us ones.
maybe though it is because they are generally found in fewer types of environment here than in the states, and i think environment is more of a factor than genetics

The ones in the pic are growing on a clipped lawn and most of the ones i find are in the UK are too, or on wet grass closely cropped by livestock. Golf courses are one of the favourite places for people to go hunting here, as well as the many sheep-covered hilly areas we have.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #316083 - 05/13/01 03:40 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

HI, I picjed once on a golf course and got whacked in the legs by a ball. Never di that one again.

I have only seen them in a few places where there weren't any animals, A field at the arboretum and for a few years they came up on a few lawns. Usually in cow fields here in the PNW but there is a lot of variation in the genera.

have a shroomy day,

Mj

OfflineSmallputrid
old hand
Loc: Volcanoes
    #316873 - 05/14/01 11:38 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

lot's of people think golf courses are the way to go. Personally, I just like watching people, there. Cow Pastures can be used for golf, jus dnto the golf clubs really well, there is a tendency me and my friend Warm Milk have noticed to let go of the club at the mooooooost worst moment for the cows. Fuzzy Laughter and I also play golf, but yesterday, I saw a cat who was tripping I think, I think cats eat mushrooms. I don't think the cat would have eaten poison.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract