Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Getting a Grip on "2012"
    #3040218 - 08/23/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've seen this number come up a lot since I've been reading here. There have little blurbs and references to it and i feel like there is a lot of tip toeing going on around the subject.

The topic isn't going to bite us. Lets talk about. I'll start.

Do I beleive a magic switch will be flipped on Dec. 21 2012? No. Its funny to picture "god" up there going "times up" muhuahahahaha and hits the switch and some fry and some fly. If you beleive that, I can accept and respect that.

Do I beleive benevolent beings from the heavens and stars are going to take away our free will to come into expanded states of consciousness in our own way and timing? No. I beleive free will dictates that nothing is going to happen to anyone that they were not the cause of at anytime in existance including 2012.

Do I beleive a shift in consciousness and perception has been occuring at an ever quickening pace and will continue to after 2012? OH YEAH!

To me 2012 is like a fulcrum of sorts. Walking up to it is like walking up to the middle of a see saw and after we pass the center the weight of a crical mass drops the other side, and we walk down it with more momentum and less up hill resistance with greater ease.

I think it's sad that the mayan calender gets confused with the end of a natural cycle and the end of life on earth. How that happened I have no idea.

I would love to work at dispelling the voodoo of 2012 while expanding awareness about the shift change revolved around it in a user friendly fashion, something everyone can get their hands on.

What are others thoughts and beleifs on this mystery date? Inquiring minds want to know.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (08/23/04 04:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3040349 - 08/23/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm on the same page with you.

Do I beleive a shift in consciousness and perception has been occuring at an ever quickening pace and will continue to after 2012? OH YEAH!

Indeed! No light switch is going to suddenly be flipped. But it might seem that way because the shift in consciousness will speed up to a level where sudden changes may be very intense. One of my buddies whom I smoke up a lot with always asked me, "what would it be like if we were high 24 hours a day for the rest of our lives?" We might live to find out. Soon we won't even need drugs anymore. The thoughts and states we experience on drugs will be part of our normal waking consciousness.

I think it's sad that the mayan calender gets confused with the end of a natural cycle and the end of life on earth. How that happened I have no idea.

Here is why the Mayan calendar is often brought up: The Mayans were aware of a cycle of 309000 years divided into 12 precessional cycles that have taken on the names of our popular zodiac. The year 2012 AD by our calendar (give or take a few years) was known by them to be the end of one such 309000 year cycle. It'll be the beginning of a new cycle and thus the first of another 12 precessional cycles, named the 'age of aquarius' by some. The precessional cycle is the time it take Earth to complete a rotation (or wobble) of its axis. This is a period of about 26000 years. The wobble is mostly caused by the gravitational pull of Jupiter and other planets. How this is related to any shift in consciousness though, is beyond me.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3040449 - 08/23/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Explain what you mean by "a shift in consciousness."

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: ]
    #3040471 - 08/23/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for adding your thoughts on this "mysterious topic'. It was great that you posted about what the Mayan Calender is all about. It's not that I don't relate it to being a fulcram of a shift change taking places over tens of years if not hundreds or even 1000s on both sides of it. I don't understand how it became related to the end of the world and end of human life. I do know that when science dug into the earth to get readings on the climate during the end of mayan calender cycles that they found catastopheric climates and maybe thats where it comes from.

If discovering all of this has done nothing but put people in fear of something they have no control over- the weather then what the F good is it? There must be a tie in that has a purpose of useful service I havn't become aware of yet.

May I ask, why do you think you will no longer want to get high and what do you think will change outside of you to take away that desire? I sincerely ask this because I think sometimes people think something "magical" about the shift is going to 'change" them and then they become complacent about making the change for themselves. I hear this sort of talk a lot and it's one of the reasons I wanted to bring this topic up.

I questioned it quite a bit back and realised that if something come along to make all of these positive changes for us, then what good is it really? Don't we only truly becoming stronger and more independent and wise when we ourselves make new positive changes. If people allways rely on a mysterious power to do for them how are they ever going to learn to do for themselves so they can drop the dependancy on things out there and that will leave them feeling less insecure because they won't feel that they are the ones in control of what happens to them.

Open to more thoughts on this from you max and anyone. It's time this all gets explored before people are caught with their pants down one way or the other.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: psyka]
    #3040478 - 08/23/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

A shift in perception sums it up. I can itemize some of the changes of perception that will bring about "change" from life as we knew it in a next reply. Many have already taken place in small scale and I will note those too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Anonymous

#3040645 - 08/23/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

May I ask, why do you think you will no longer want to get high and what do you think will change outside of you to take away that desire?

It's not that I'd no longer want to. It's that I'd no longer need to. Nothing will change outside of me. Reality is a reflection of your internal perception. Already in the past 2 years I've felt my consciousness expand in ways to include feeling that I'm on a low dose of a mild psychedelic all the time. It's sort of like the effect you get when you use a certain drug so many times that you know the experience inside and out, and can bring your mind into that state any time you want. Here are the specific changes in consciousness that I've witnessed within myself within the last two years:
  • Altered perception that is very different from my ways of thinking even a year ago.
  • Waking and dream realities have begun to merge and intertwine, including memories. Feeling as if I'm dreaming when awake and living reality when dreaming.
  • Social inhibitions have dropped to near null. This is related to the 'living in a dream' feeling.
  • Complex ideas -- particularly abstract thoughts -- that I had no previous understanding of come easy. I've recently taken up an interest in physics -- mechanical, quantum, and astro -- and I can't explain how easy all these concepts have been for me to understand, when only a year ago they would leave me totally confused.
  • Huge increase in intuition. I can connect to people much more easily and understand them more with less spoken words. Skeptics can write this off to body language if you wish.

There are a couple other things, but I can't put them into words. Bizarre feelings and thoughts that I've never experienced before suddenly pop into my head at random times. Very strange.

I don't think the 'shift' is an outside event. It's an event that manifests within your consciousness, thus altering your perception, thus altering your reality. YMMV.

• Extras: Filter Print Post Top
    Offlineferago2
    gnubie
        #3040686 - 08/23/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

On what basis do you think that anything at all will happen on Dec 21 2012? As much as I hear about 2012, I've never heard an explanation as to why McKenna's math is persuasive.

jiggy
    Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: psyka]
        #3040689 - 08/23/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The biggest percpetion change I see taking place is one from duality opposites to seeing contrasting compliments. To me, this shift in perception is what will bring about the peace many beleive will ensue.

But take note beleivers, you have to change your perception to experience peace in YOUR life. Nothing is going to do it for you at a magical time. There are already people living in "their" version of heaven on earth and people already living in their version of hell on earth. Judgment day takes place every day you stand in judgment of yourself and others.

I look back over the last 30 years of change and compare it to the last 5,000. Many public schools are now cutting competive sports out of PE class and introducing O tolerance for bullies programs. Way cool!

More people are becoming health conscious and taking better care of themselves.

More people are getting involved with human and animal rights issues. Zoos and circus'es are taking a beating these days. remember when tigers were put in cages?

The harvard school of medicine has now oppenned a department on complimentary health care because their research showwed that 1 out of every people used alternative health care in the year of the study and the numbers have been rising since.

More people are becoming aware of abuse to the environment as they are connecting with the planet and realise the importance of its care to our survival.

Look at child abuse awarness. Back in the day it was commonly accepted that to disapline meant child abuse. Now you go to jail for it and have your children taking away. There are new ways of establishing a self disaplined child that do not involve mental emotional and physical abuse.

I could go on and maybe people can add to it if they like.

Of course, this is the view of positive radical change over the last so many years.

i type all of this and realise how I am back to my F 2012 attitude. If you look for the positive in the world and the good in people and live in inner peace, it will become your reality and if you look for the neagtive in the world and the bad in people and live in inner turmoil it will become your reality. We have always had the choice and when 2012 comes around, no one will be doing the choosing for you.

I can't deny a quickening of radical change taking place in human consciousness, and I don't know for sure what the exact cause of it is but I think 2012 is a fear tactic to motivate positive change in people. I use to justify that means to the end because it worked for me. I heard all of this nonsense about a pole shift prediction in 2000 and it got my attention and I am much more aware of the biger picture and self empowered and live in less fear as a result of the changes that fear motivated me to make.

If 2012 is a far to give people a kick in the ass who fear they won't make it through then, let it be a farse that serves people to move into self empowerment.

I would love to hear from more on this topic.

If I carry the topic of 2012, I will run it into the ground. I am looking for a balanced perspective on it that promotes niether fear or complacency. Maybe I already have it and wish to share it.

--------------------
    Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
    Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: ferago2]
        #3040692 - 08/23/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ferago,

I am one who doesn't think anything significantly notcible will happen in 2012. Someone tell me! I don't beleive it.

--------------------
    Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
    i'm left. youall can bite me
        #3040699 - 08/23/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

In 2012 When the Earth's 'wobble' lines up with the plane of the 'milky way' the gravity effect is going to affect everyone on the planet and it will feel similar to having a cumcumber 'inserted in your anus'. 
    :goodluck:

jiggy
    Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: ]
        #3040702 - 08/23/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That was excellent Max! Those were great observations and interesting changes you noticed to support the shift changes that are happening in general en masse and that will continue to after the bell tolls.

Another thing I noticed is an increased awareness of synchronicities some times I experience 20 a day and the other is quicker manifesting of things I want but can take or leave. And my dream time has been going off the hook! And this abundance stuff is coming in better. I know get all kinds of stuff for free when I go places.

--------------------
    Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
    Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: question_for_joo]
        #3040724 - 08/23/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think that is the fear talk that is being promoted to motivate change in people. I have already overcome the fear stuff related to it. many here havn't as evidenced by the mails I get and here you are adding to it. Why not write something that will empower one to make a smooth transition and then "non" beleivers won't be as prone to see this as ego hype (those who will make it and those who won't) and fear propaganda.

What is there to make it through anyway? I've heard pole shift and comet strike and nuclear war and an onslaught of natural disasters and biological warfare and an evil alien invasion and gravity wobbles that feel like cucumbers shoved up your but and god knows what else. Where does this stuff come from and why?

--------------------
    Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
    one-eyed willie
        #3040848 - 08/23/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Consciousness has been shifting/growing starting at the beginning of time.. I think that 2012 will just be another year.. Same as 2000 was. Yes we will be evolved further than what we are now, OBVIOUSLY.

jiggy
    Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
        #3040940 - 08/23/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thats how I see it as I can't come to reason for anything else to happen. Thats why I want to know what the buzz is about for people related to that year. So far, in this thread all I got was that an earth wobble will take place changing gravity and it will feel like a cucumber up the but. Does anyone out there have anything of significance that is worth consideration. I am open and forever curious about these things.

--------------------
    Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
    Not an EggshellWalker
     User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
        #3041132 - 08/23/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Look online, there's plenty of information explaining what exactly is supposed to happen:
    Is there something significant we should know about the Winter Solstice date of December 21, 2012? Yes. On this day a rare astronomical and Mayan mythical event occurs. In astronomic terms, the Sun conjuncts the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. The Milky Way, as most of us know, extends in a general north-south direction in the night sky. The plane of the ecliptic is the track the Sun, Moon, planets and stars appear to travel in the sky, from east to west. It intersects the Milky Way at a 60 degree angle near the constellation Sagittarius.

The cosmic cross formed by the intersecting Milky Way and plane of the ecliptic was called the Sacred Tree by the Maya. The trunk of the tree, the Axis Mundi, is the Milky Way, and the main branch intersecting the tree is the plane of the ecliptic. Mythically, at sunrise on December 21, 2012, the Sun - our Father - rises to conjoin the center of the Sacred Tree, the World Tree, the Tree of Life..

This rare astronomical event, foretold in the Mayan creation story of the Hero Twins, and calculated empirically by them, will happen for many of us in our lifetime. The Sun has not conjoined the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic since some 25,800 years ago, long before the Mayans arrived on the scene and long before their predecessors the Olmecs arrived. What does this mean?

Due to a phenomenon called the precession of the equinoxes, caused by the Earth's wobble that lasts almost 26,000 years, the apparent location of the Winter Solstice sunrise has been ever so slowly moving toward the Galactic Center. Precession may be understood by watching a spinning top. Over many revolutions the top will rise and dip on its axis, not unlike how the Earth does over an extremely long period of time. One complete rise and dip constitutes the cycle of precession.

The Mayans noticed the relative slippage of the positions of stars in the night sky over long periods of observation, indicative of precession, and foretold this great coming attraction. By using an invention called the Long Count, the Mayans fast-forwarded to anchor December 21, 2012 as the end of their Great Cycle and then counted backwards to decide where the calendar would begin. Thus the Great Cycle we are currently in began on August 11, 3114 BCE But there's more.

The Great Cycle, lasting 1,872,000 days and equivalent to 5,125.36 years, is but one fifth of the Great Great Cycle, known scientifically as the Great Year or the Platonic Year - the length of the precession of the equinoxes. To use a metaphor from the modern industrial world, on Winter Solstice CE (Common Era) 2012 it is as if the Giant Odometer of Humanity on Earth hits 100,000 miles and all the cycles big and small turn over to begin anew. The present world age will end and a new world age will begin.

Over a year's time the Sun transits through the twelve houses of the zodiac. Many of us know this by what "Sun sign" is associated with our birthday. Upping the scale to the Platonic Year - the 26,000 year long cycle - we are shifting, astrologically, from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius. The Mayan calendar does not really "end" in 2012, but rather, all the cycles turn over and start again, vibrating to a new era. It is as if humanity and the Earth will graduate in the eyes of the Father Sun and Grandmother Milky Way.
    http://www.crawford2000.co.uk/maya.htm

--------------------
    So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinetheaquaman54
    malfunkchunn

#3041136 - 08/23/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

OK so I understand that every 26000 years the earth completes its wobble and lines back up with the milky way, and I understand that this happens 12 times in a 309000 year cycle. What I don't understand is what is the significance of 12 times. What is different on the 12th time as opposed to the 2nd or the 8th or the 11th time?

--------------------
    theaquaman

The Reply-To Feature.

jiggy
    Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: theaquaman54]
        #3041203 - 08/23/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I don't understand it either aquamarine, that's why I am asking questions, because I am looking for the meaningfull significance of this date that has so many in this world throwing 2012 around like it's the pill that will cure all ils and evils.

--------------------
    Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
    Female User Gallery

Re: Getting a Grip on "2012" [Re: Ravus]
        #3041233 - 08/23/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ravus,

Thank you for sharing that. It was great that you posted this as there is nothing to fear in it nor reason to make one beleive everyone will wake up one morning mentally and emotionally healthy and balanced and all fears, wars and diseases will have dissapeared and peace and abundance and unity and harmony will rule the day.

I have read 2012 up and down from every angle for the last 12 years or so. I am really holding back to. And I have questions because it doesn't make sense to me for what reason, people are fearing it or are becoming spiritually complacent because of it. I would like to disolve peoples fears and concerns about it if they share them and I would like to raise question to those who beleive in the magic morning of Dec. 22 2012. I would like to beleive because it sounds great. I just can't find the virtue in cosmic cycles doing the work for us. Something is fishey here.

--------------------
    Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
    Fading Slowly
    Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
        #3041484 - 08/23/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

2012 is the year after 2011...nothing more...

OfflineBlueCoyote
    Beyond
    Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
        #3044968 - 08/24/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Watch 2006 with open eyes and you will see, what 2012 will be the 'rule'... :cool:

--------------------
    Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
    "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
    'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder