Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | 4018 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29680319 -

langten69 said:


@0_tonin

Found this

It looks like you're doing everything right

If you close the door to your garage, no one will even know what you're doing :rockon:




Thanks man!

Good vid

I only took pictures, didnt make any video of the venting.

To be honest, that whistle there on that little pot is kiddies game. My big boy is called big boy for a reason, sounds like theres a rocket launching on my garage 😅🤣

But I must admit that I didnt turn the heat all the way down. I will do this next time and Im sure it will vent a lot less often if at all.

Will report updates on my next PC run, probably next Friday

cheers bro


--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin]
    #29680411 -

Anyone have first hand experience with king oysters? Have a quart of colonized grain from a grocery store clone I took and I'm just wondering what people have used for a sub. HWFP is easily attainable, I also have a small bag of oak chips you'd use in an electric smoker already. Would chips and coir work? Thinking I'll make a block in a fahtlock and see if that works as I dont have a martha or anything. Maybe cut the top of the bag off post colonization and toss it in a water tub?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29680442 -

The wood is the bulk sub. Its the gourmet equivalent to coir


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29680459 -

I shook this jar 5 days ago, myc seems to be growing well, but some spots look like they may be trouble...maybe it's just dark spots on the grain, it looks like all millet but it's from a bag of wbs.  I'm referring mostly to the little spots pressed against the wall of the jar, that don't look fully colonized.  Do you think this is contam? 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KeyMaker]
    #29680463 -

KeyMaker said:
I shook this jar 5 days ago, myc seems to be growing well, but some spots look like they may be trouble...maybe it's just dark spots on the grain, it looks like all millet but it's from a bag of wbs.  I'm referring mostly to the little spots pressed against the wall of the jar, that don't look fully colonized.  Do you think this is contam? 





Looks fine :rockon:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KeyMaker]
    #29680464 -

Probably. Id still send it


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KeyMaker]
    #29680466 -

It needs more time to fully colonize yet its on the right track, let it do its thang
:thumbup:

Edited by langten69 (09/28/26 11:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: droner66] * 1
    #29680469 -

droner66 said:
Is there anything you can add to casing, pre or post pasturization, to help reduce/prevent cobweb mold?



yes for sure, adjust the pH with something like hydrated lime (calicium hydroxide) or I think tree frog has posted a fair bit about calcium carbonate being a less extreme option to adjust the pH, but either way, the alkalinity of the casing deters cobweb AND mycelium from fully colonizing the casing.

you  aren't growing cubes, are you?  cause in that case, just do away with the casing.

search posts by tree frog about casing




and about the big Pressure cooker, is that thing stainless steeel?  if so, i want one.  I've got a couple all americans and it sounds like a similar mechanism in that it has a rocker weight (some kinds do, at least) AND it has an overpressure relief valve.  in typical operation (the stove set all the way to low, usually, or fiddled with just enough to maintain pressure while using as little gas as possible) the rocker weight just juggles a little bit, but if you have the stove up so high that the rocker valve can't keep up with the escaping steam, then pressure builds until it has to rely on the overpressure relief valve (which is usually set at a higher pressure, like 20 or 25 or something)  when that thing blows, it sounds like a train whistle and scares one to the bone more than a rattlesnake.  don't rely on that relief.  keep it to a minimum and it should just be the rocker under ideal conditions. 

even if you modify the rocker weight with some more weight, there will always be that backup relief valve,  so it sounds like you've already approached the high end of pressure, and a little weight on the rocker is just innocent tinkering at this point. 

It looks like you have a high BTU stove, so ideally you can just set the thing to low and let it go until the time's up.  adding more weight can help it cruise on low easier sometimes, and might make it even quieter (the rocker), at least that's how the prestos work.  I've never altered the weight on my AA.

Good on you for asking questions.  at this point i think it would have been better to make your own thread though, because it's specific to that equipment and others could benefit more in the future if its not in this thread, also, i can't keep up with this thread and won't check it often - to much chatter for me.  because i won't be checking this, feel free to PM me for questions and/or tell me if you start a new thread...  I usually only check threads i've posted in.

Edited by Generic (09/28/26 11:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29680480 -

tryptkaloids said:
Probably. Id still send it



Hell yeah, that's what I was thinking!  Thanks also Kloakk and langten69 for the replies.

Gonna do a couple lil' gallon ziplocks with coir, after it is fully colonized.  I've used sketchier jars, results have always been decent, sometimes excellent!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29680482 -

fontinalis666 said:
Anyone have first hand experience with king oysters? Have a quart of colonized grain from a grocery store clone I took and I'm just wondering what people have used for a sub. HWFP is easily attainable, I also have a small bag of oak chips you'd use in an electric smoker already. Would chips and coir work? Thinking I'll make a block in a fahtlock and see if that works as I dont have a martha or anything. Maybe cut the top of the bag off post colonization and toss it in a water tub?



Grew them for years and years. They do well off plain chips, but hwfp is a little faster, and harvests significantly increase when you add 5% wheat or oat bran to your (nitrogen poor, cause wood) sub. I used to have woodchips lying here and there, piles of them, so I used chips. Soak them to fc. Let drain really well. Mix in the dry bran and sterilize according to volume. They colonize very fast and if your spawn is clean it will smell wonderful, like anise.

Kings want a lot of air exchange like any oyster, if you want fruits that look nice, don't put them in a tub or fruit them in a bag. They do pretty well outdoors, or in the shower, just not in a water tub / EZ dial like situation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29680505 -

Im trying to figure out the best way to consume these things. I have been just crunching on em in a folded piece of bread with peanut butter on it. This way kinda sucks stomach aches i feel the food actually takes from the potency and i have been thinkng of doing a tea or honestly any other way that wont kill the potency but tea is the one im on recently. So my question is does any one know any good teks for consumption maybe a good tea tek or any that you think is good plz and thanks also ive noticed sleeping isnt really a thing when taking these magic mushys anybody find any cures for that cause that would also be awesome thank for any help .., this one is a lil wordy sry

Edited by 1oz0fTheory (09/28/26 01:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29680507 -

Churpee Choozle said:
fontinalis666 said:
Anyone have first hand experience with king oysters? Have a quart of colonized grain from a grocery store clone I took and I'm just wondering what people have used for a sub. HWFP is easily attainable, I also have a small bag of oak chips you'd use in an electric smoker already. Would chips and coir work? Thinking I'll make a block in a fahtlock and see if that works as I dont have a martha or anything. Maybe cut the top of the bag off post colonization and toss it in a water tub?



Grew them for years and years. They do well off plain chips, but hwfp is a little faster, and harvests significantly increase when you add 5% wheat or oat bran to your (nitrogen poor, cause wood) sub. I used to have woodchips lying here and there, piles of them, so I used chips. Soak them to fc. Let drain really well. Mix in the dry bran and sterilize according to volume. They colonize very fast and if your spawn is clean it will smell wonderful, like anise.

Kings want a lot of air exchange like any oyster, if you want fruits that look nice, don't put them in a tub or fruit them in a bag. They do pretty well outdoors, or in the shower, just not in a water tub / EZ dial like situation.



Thanks for the thorough reply Churp! Guess I'm not gonna get away with treating everything like a cube lol. Was definitely shocked at how quickly it ripped through a jar of milo, now I'm excited to open it up and give it a smell when the time comes! And thanks for the tip about the bran/nitrogen. Seems like maybe just making a martha is what I should do, not sure my partner would be too keen on having mushrooms growing in the shower lol, and it's getting to be pretty cold outside where I live


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29680508 -

Should break and shake my bag yet or give it some time?

Seems I'm a little early but I really don't know. 20-30% colonized is what I'm reading. I imagine it's colonized somewhat in the center as I put LC in three spots there. Seems to be taking hold nicely on bottom of bag at least.

It's day 9 from liquid culture. Treasure coast cubensis.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mystikal]
    #29680510 -

Kloakk said:
KeyMaker said:
I shook this jar 5 days ago, myc seems to be growing well, but some spots look like they may be trouble...maybe it's just dark spots on the grain, it looks like all millet but it's from a bag of wbs.  I'm referring mostly to the little spots pressed against the wall of the jar, that don't look fully colonized.  Do you think this is contam? 





Looks fine :rockon:



:whathesaid:

Ime This is very typical for millet.  Things can tend to look a tad bit  uncolonized  on one to a few tiny single seeds here and there.  Giving it kind of a  patchy appearance.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mystikal]
    #29680515 -

Mystikal said:
Should break and shake my bag yet or give it some time?

Seems I'm a little early but I really don't know. 20-30% colonized is what I'm reading. I imagine it's colonized somewhat in the center as I put LC in three spots there. Seems to be taking hold nicely on bottom of bag at least.

It's day 9 from liquid culture. Treasure coast cubensis.








Hell ya .  Break that shit up.  Its def not too early. 

Honestly. Its never too early. Along its youve got like somthing the size of a us 25c coin.

you can do it if you've got just a little quarter size amount if you wanted..sometimes when I get to like a half dollar or so I'll do it just to kick things off a little quicker. 

That's a good amount right there though.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29680519 -

1oz0fTheory said:
Im trying to figure out the best way to consume these things. I have been just crunching on em in a folded piece of bread with peanut butter on it. This way kinda sucks stomach aches i feel the food actually takes from the potency and i have been thinkng of doing a tea or honestly any other way that wont kill the potency but tea is the one im on recently. So my question is does any one know any good teks for consumption maybe a good tea tek or any that you think is good plz and thanks also ive noticed sleeping isnt really a thing when taking these magic mushys anybody find any cures for that cause that would also be awesome thank for any help .., this one is a lil wordy sry



You could try the OG Lemon Tek...put the fruits in lemon juice for an hour, then drink the lemon juice, it does make the effects more potent

And yeah, Magic Shrooms and sleep dont really happen at the same time, although if you get some fly agaric, it does act as a sleep aid, there have been some recent posts in the pub that can attest to that

callmehippie said:
Mystikal said:
Should break and shake my bag yet or give it some time?

Seems I'm a little early but I really don't know. 20-30% colonized is what I'm reading. I imagine it's colonized somewhat in the center as I put LC in three spots there. Seems to be taking hold nicely on bottom of bag at least.

It's day 9 from liquid culture. Treasure coast cubensis.








Hell ya .  Break that shit up.  Its def not too early. 

Honestly. Its never too early. Along its youve got like somthing the size of a us 25c coin.

you can do it if you've got just a little quarter size amount if you wanted..sometimes when I get to like a half dollar or so I'll do it just to kick things off a little quicker. 

That's a good amount right there though.



:whathesaid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 1oz0fTheory] * 1
    #29680520 -

1oz0fTheory said:
Im trying to figure out the best way to consume these things. I have been just crunching on em in a folded piece of bread with peanut butter on it. This way kinda sucks stomach aches i feel the food actually takes from the potency and i have been thinkng of doing a tea or honestly any other way that wont kill the potency but tea is the one im on recently. So my question is does any one know any good teks for consumption maybe a good tea tek or any that you think is good plz and thanks also ive noticed sleeping isnt really a thing when taking these magic mushys anybody find any cures for that cause that would also be awesome thank for any help .., this one is a lil wordy sry




Look up toss and washing for Kratom on YouTube.. this is what I do
just with mushrooms instead.

I've always done it this way. Since I was 13 years old. And for me it's super easy. Some people don't like it. But the majority of people I've had do it this way say it's a lot easier than just eating them or other ways.


That or look into doing lemon tek Just be aware that lemon Tek comes on a lot faster and doesn't last nearly as long..

however if you have stomach issues with the things that are typical and bother you. This is something definitely to consider. As it does the digesting and everything for you.


It's a lot more complicated or I guess tedious than just eating mushrooms but making chocolate is also another good root. You could do gummies. Or tea. So yeah you've got lots of really good options honestly.


I do that toss in wash method because I don't have to do any prepping or cooking or anything like that.

I just put them in a coffee grinder till they're powder and follow the method. The whole process takes less than 3 minutes.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29680522 -

langten69 said:
1oz0fTheory said:
Im trying to figure out the best way to consume these things. I have been just crunching on em in a folded piece of bread with peanut butter on it. This way kinda sucks stomach aches i feel the food actually takes from the potency and i have been thinkng of doing a tea or honestly any other way that wont kill the potency but tea is the one im on recently. So my question is does any one know any good teks for consumption maybe a good tea tek or any that you think is good plz and thanks also ive noticed sleeping isnt really a thing when taking these magic mushys anybody find any cures for that cause that would also be awesome thank for any help .., this one is a lil wordy sry



You could try the OG Lemon Tek...put the fruits in lemon juice for an hour, then drink the lemon juice, it does make the effects more potent

And yeah, Magic Shrooms and sleep dont really happen at the same time, although if you get some fly agaric, it does act as a sleep aid, there have been some recent posts in the pub that can attest to that

callmehippie said:
Mystikal said:
Should break and shake my bag yet or give it some time?

Seems I'm a little early but I really don't know. 20-30% colonized is what I'm reading. I imagine it's colonized somewhat in the center as I put LC in three spots there. Seems to be taking hold nicely on bottom of bag at least.

It's day 9 from liquid culture. Treasure coast cubensis.








Hell ya .  Break that shit up.  Its def not too early. 

Honestly. Its never too early. Along its youve got like somthing the size of a us 25c coin.

you can do it if you've got just a little quarter size amount if you wanted..sometimes when I get to like a half dollar or so I'll do it just to kick things off a little quicker. 

That's a good amount right there though.



:whathesaid:




Here's another tip for you.. from the appearance of that bag it looks like when you inoculated it..

you just let it sit as is. So everything just pooled and collected on the bottom right there where its growing.

Another good way to help move things along and get better real estate off the Jump.

is after inoculating it go ahead  and shake it right then and there and evenly disperse your LC all over everything immediately.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 1oz0fTheory] * 2
    #29680523 -

Shit, as long as each inoculation point has spread to another grain, ill shake it

1oz0fTheory said:
Im trying to figure out the best way to consume these things. I have been just crunching on em in a folded piece of bread with peanut butter on it. This way kinda sucks stomach aches i feel the food actually takes from the potency and i have been thinkng of doing a tea or honestly any other way that wont kill the potency but tea is the one im on recently. So my question is does any one know any good teks for consumption maybe a good tea tek or any that you think is good plz and thanks also ive noticed sleeping isnt really a thing when taking these magic mushys anybody find any cures for that cause that would also be awesome thank for any help .., this one is a lil wordy sry



Chocolates if you only have access to dry.

In a breakfast hash or omelette if fresh.

Why do you want to sleep on mushrooms?


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 1oz0fTheory]
    #29680524 -

Just like callmehippie says, if you have the time, make some chocolates, it is definitely worth the time investment.

Plus you can add nuts and sugar and stuff to make the mushroom taste very subtle, the mixture of dark chocolate plus shrooms plus nuts is 🔥

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | 4018 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,529 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,652 topic views. 21 members, 68 guests and 188 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.076 seconds spending 0.051 seconds on 16 queries.