Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: uniquemug]
    #29680214 -

Is there anything you can add to casing, pre or post pasturization, to help reduce/prevent cobweb mold?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: uniquemug] * 2
    #29680215 -

uniquemug said:
what is the best time to transfer tomentose growth to fresh agar?
follow up: should you transfer faster if you have some contam on the og plates?



Anytime from big enough to before the plate is fully colonized is what I do. If it's a T0 spore plate I like to take transfers before the different germination spots merge.

And yes if there's contamination on a plate take transfer asap :rockon:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: uniquemug] * 1
    #29680217 -

uniquemug said:
what is the best time to transfer tomentose growth to fresh agar?
follow up: should you transfer faster if you have some contam on the og plates?



As soon as you want to, ideally before it hits the wall so you can still get the leading edge of the myc. But it depends what you're doing with it. If you're chasing rhizo growth, it matters more where you're transferring. Lower nute agar will pull the ropier growth out more since it has to hunt harder for food.

re contams: if they're on the same plate, and not touching, yes asap. If theyre on the current plate and fighting, sometimes the myc will outrun on a longer timeline and later is better, but you can always do one transfer now and come back for seconds later if things change. If there were contams on the parent plate but your current plate looks clean, meh, no hurry IMO.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29680236 -

So uhh is orangeish color natural for cube mycelium? Or some kinda bacteria hitchhiking? Something bad bad? It doesn't look like it would prevent it from fruiting as it's pinning on the plate ๐Ÿ˜…


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29680246 -

bloodssonnew said:
So uhh is orangeish color natural for cube mycelium? Or some kinda bacteria hitchhiking? Something bad bad? It doesn't look like it would prevent it from fruiting as it's pinning on the plate ๐Ÿ˜…



I've never seen any color except blue from bruising on a cube plate, sounds sus :uhoh:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29680247 -

how does one help my anxiety?


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29680249 -

I have a shoebox of Hillbilly Pumpkin, it has a few squat bulbous pins forming, but also seems to be blobbing a fair amount. Never dealt with a real blobby culture before this, my question is,

Is it normal for blobs to be accompanied by amber/yellowish droplets (look the same as the moisture beaded surface but with a hue) or is it more likely bacterial?

It smells fine.


--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29680253 -

Cakewonder said:
how does one help my anxiety?



Usually the day after some shrooms :hehehe:

Right now it's a good time to go forage some fruits as well, get some fresh air and all that good stuff :awesomenod:

Toe_Jam said:
I have a shoebox of Hillbilly Pumpkin, it has a few squat bulbous pins forming, but also seems to be blobbing a fair amount. Never dealt with a real blobby culture before this, my question is,

Is it normal for blobs to be accompanied by amber/yellowish droplets (look the same as the moisture beaded surface but with a hue) or is it more likely bacterial?

It smells fine.



Blobs are normal for some varieties, metabolites sounds like it's fighting bacteria, a picture would help.


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29680264 -

Cakewonder said:
how does one help my anxiety?



Have you tried face plunges in ice water? The mammalian dive reflex is a great mechanism for breaking out of the loop for a moment. The rapid bradycardia it induces is impressive:



Itโ€™s not a cure-all, but it helps in critical moments (just another tool in the box). And if not... Do more PF-Tek!

It will pass, sending you all my good vibes. :heart:

Big hug, Cakewonder! :hug:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29680271 -

P.E.  ..., The envy of the peen lol or that is what it was labeled as it does very much look like the ones you showed but slightly different so I'm not sure it could have been mislabel it was not very strong and I see many ppl say pe is usually very potent.

Edited by 1oz0fTheory (09/28/26 05:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29680285 -

callmehippie said:
Actually if you want that thing to be quieter.. what we do is add more to our jiggler.

Tape a couple quarters on top or use a few magnets.

It'll make it wiggle a lot less. sometimes even barely to none. But it's still releasing a little bit. just enough every once in awhile to be okay.

This will also raise the PSI usually up to about 18 is still very safe to run on our PCS. 

Now I've never used a hawk big boy. I'm speaking about my Presto
.
but I imagine it's the same concept.


Anyways adding weight and actually stopping the jiggle can make your PC almost completely silent after the vent.


Only down side I see is you don't have a gauge to monitor how high your PSI is climbing.

funny cuz it's if you don't add extra weight.  the gauge doesn't matter. They can be inaccurate anyways.

The wiggle of the weight does show that you're at 15 psi.

So I'm not sure how you monitor your rising pressure after adding weight without a gauge. And that'll just depends on how accurate or calibrated the gauge is depending on how many times it's been used.


However I would say that from the experience of everybody else I've seen and myself.  if you just go with two quarters you should be fine and shouldn't be getting above 18 psi.

But thats just what i imagine. Please take it with a grain of salt.



Oh but definitely crank the heat as low as you can while still maintaining pressure. After event.




great comment man, thanks

Yes my PC has a weight/jiggler

I have read about some people here adding a bit of extra weight to it to reach a higher PSI.

To be honest... the thought of altering how the PC was designed makes me a bit nervous. I have HUGE respect for PC man... call me a wuss but I am just too scared of something going wrong.

On my next run I will fully turn the heat down and see if that achieves a constant wiggle of the weight with not so many bursts/vents.

If someone using the same PC as me says they do the trick of adding extra weight to the jiggler and it works fine, then I would consider it.

But again, thanks for your suggestions!


--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Edited by 0_tonin (09/28/26 06:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin] * 1
    #29680289 -

It's completely normal, 0_tonin.

If you haven't used a PC before, itโ€™s pretty scary at first. I remember when I bought my first PC and yeah โ€” loading it up with metal and glassware scared the shit out of me. I thought the aluminum foil was going to block the release valve... And I was living in a loft back then, with the kitchen in the living room.

After a few runs, you'll relax. :paradisiscoolwhat:

Aupa!

Edit:
Hey, does anyone know anything about Matias Romero? I canโ€™t find much info, and some places imply it's the exact same strain as PF Classic.


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Edited by Belintaf (09/28/26 06:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin] * 4
    #29680291 -

Me when I'm standing next to a 30,000L tank that's been pressurized to 30 psi filled with sulphuric acid:



--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29680295 -

Is there any thread on the lineage of PE and its offshoots and successors?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29680298 -

langten69 said:
Is there any thread on the lineage of PE and its offshoots and successors?




I watched this some months ago and found it really interesting.

I love Hamilton Morris videos



--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29680302 -

Lo-Z said:
Hey Langten, since you're the PE guy would you havest this guy? I noticed the darkening at the base of his cap and I dont think its growing any more. Either that or extremely slow.



I figured the health color of a cap is that of a goomba :goomba: and any darkening is probably more along the lines on an abort.


Whatchu think?



I personaly wait until only the exact moment that the veil tears to harvest it, and you only have to worry about the cap and stipe squishyness. If the cap feels very easily squishy (like you can put a dent in it with your finger) that means its past the point of growing and is an abort

Another telltale sign of an abort is the stipe color is a dark gray along with the cap being black (along with the entire fruit looking shriveled) then yeah it is an abort

If you see no change within days or a week then it is done growing, but that doesnt mean it isnt potent as hell, ive harvested fresh pins that have stopped growing weeks prior and ate them and they still give a good lil buzz. Pins/aborts are generally more potent per mass than fully mature fruits


I would give it more time until you can see the gills

Edited by langten69 (09/28/26 07:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin]
    #29680304 -

0_tonin said:
langten69 said:
Is there any thread on the lineage of PE and its offshoots and successors?




I watched this some months ago and found it really interesting.

I love Hamilton Morris videos





Sweet

:myman:

Thx for the link

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29680306 -

its long, but interesting stuff. cool to have your headphones on and listen to it as if it were a podcast while you do something at home.


--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin] * 1
    #29680307 -

0_tonin said:
Lo-Z said:
0_tonin said:
We might have different kinds of PC, mine doesnโ€™t do the constant whistle, it builds up pressure and then releases it every now and then blasting steam of at quite high pressure, itโ€™s only these moments that it becomes quite loud. I can compare it to some super strong irrigation system. The sound resembles some powerful garden sprinklers, for the record, I have a Hawkins Big Boy 22lt PC.






Holy Shit 0_Tonin this seems aggressive, I'd be scared to stand next to it lol. Once my PC reaches 15PSI I turn the burner to 50% and then it tickles 15psi for the remainder of the cycle. You dont need to keep the Burning on high to maintain pressure. Crank the heat to get it to 15psi then back off to maintain it. I have the basic presto but i'm sure this concept applies to most PCs. Pasty is on point.




cool, thanks man. I will do another cycle soon and will make sure to turn the heat all the way down once it vents, and keep an eye on the weight to make sure its wiggling, this should mean its maintaining the 15 PSI. The least it vents, the better. Because this puppy vents pretty loudly and I hate being that noisy guy.

Thanks for confirming what Pasty said.



Could you possibly take a video of the process and how agressive the steam let off is?

i agree that once the pc reaches full pressure the burner should be put low/medium because all of the pressure and heat should keep it at pressure and the weight jiggling as opposed to being very aggressive

I will say that I do PC in the dead of night whilst everyone is sleeping and once i go outside my garage and close the door, you can barely even hear it after walking about 10 feet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29680311 -



@0_tonin

Found this

It looks like you're doing everything right

If you close the door to your garage, no one will even know what you're doing :rockon:

Edited by langten69 (09/28/26 07:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | 4017 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,160,523 topic views. 23 members, 127 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.064 seconds spending 0.044 seconds on 16 queries.