Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29680066 -

Thems some phatty donks dudes, good work to both of you! i'm in the same boat with my PEs, they seem to be slowing up and the cap is starting to darken a bit and the base where it would normally open up but no opening. But they are relatively short compared to the other PEs i've seen, thick but short so im wondering if they are still growing or not.


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Edited by Lo-Z (09/27/26 11:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29680091 -

Was like 7 days till break and shake and this is a couple days after, but the clone i used was a fucking monster so it prolly had good genetics. So what do i do with this guy when he finishes colonizing? Only one of his kind so itll be hard to s2b unless I g2g first? This was the cloner boner



:mushroom2:lemon kek:grin:

Edited by g59disso (09/27/26 11:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: g59disso]
    #29680093 -

I'd send that jar to a shoebox, and also plate a couple grains and try to clean it up. Does look a little bacterial so this will help you better your chances at preserving the genetics:mushroom2::rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: g59disso]
    #29680095 -

Hi guys i have agar plates im doing n does this look like its growing proper mycelium or does this look like bacteria or mold idk its been awhile since ive done this but idk if it should look wispy/hairy or not??






--------------------
New Journal and Grow setup
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29668030

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CloudNyne420]
    #29680097 -

Maybe a bit of both, looks like it's unhealthy / fighting something off. Normal agar recipe? Maybe worth a cabin.


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Agar Wedge]
    #29680099 -

g59disso said:
Was like 7 days till break and shake and this is a couple days after, but the clone i used was a fucking monster so it prolly had good genetics. So what do i do with this guy when he finishes colonizing? Only one of his kind so itll be hard to s2b unless I g2g first?



I just bought some agar dishes but dunno how to use em yet, just throw one of those grains in a dish when i s2b shoebox?
Been hard at work these last weeks tryna get shrooms for halloween and christmas

[/url]

90% of what im working with is natal/ochra and its my first time trying to grow it. The other two bags on the top shelf are b+ and jmf

Want to send the natal (left) to s2b on wednesday

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: g59disso]
    #29680102 -

Better pic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29680104 -

callmehippie said:
langten69 said:
Huskies said:
Cakewonder said:
No sorry I cant grow where I am right now..but I dream of it...



Gonna grow them in your honor.

On another note, powdered mushrooms in chocolates hold well for a long time right? better fridge or freezer?



I only use the freezer because if i put my chocolates in the fridge they melt too fast and it gets all over my fingers




Sounds like you need to focus a little bit more on the tempering process. If you temper your chocolate appropriately you should be able to just leave them out on the Shelf without any Refrigerationor freezing.  at all.

If tempered correctly they won't melt or get on your fingers or any of that. They'll be like a nice candy bar from the store that's super shiny and has a good snap.



Thx, I will look into this :takingnotes:

I will say it doesnt melt completely,  just on my fingertips, but I only use dark chocolate and the last time I ate chocolate bars was in the hot summer so it could've been circumstantial

Edited by langten69 (09/27/26 11:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29680106 -

Not sure the recipe i got a kit off amazon n it was a for a mold kit but i did this instead lol. I also got sum pure agar agar powder n dry malt extract to make my own in the next week here.





--------------------
New Journal and Grow setup
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29668030

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29680108 -

Rasmodius said:
Maybe a bit of both, looks like it's unhealthy / fighting something off. Normal agar recipe? Maybe worth a cabin.



There seemed to be so much discourse on the cabin thread.... why not just BRF?


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29680112 -

And so the cabin tech would result in clean mycelium growing threw the "roof" if i understand right??


--------------------
New Journal and Grow setup
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29668030

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29680114 -

Hey Langten, since you're the PE guy would you havest this guy? I noticed the darkening at the base of his cap and I dont think its growing any more. Either that or extremely slow.



I figured the health color of a cap is that of a goomba :goomba: and any darkening is probably more along the lines on an abort.

Whatchu think?


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CloudNyne420]
    #29680115 -

Around 11 o'clock on the second plate those tiny white dots I'm pretty sure are mycelium:mushroom2: the rest is mold, you can tell because the mold is very wispy and uniform, also likely growing very quickly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CloudNyne420] * 1
    #29680116 -

Correct, if you transfer those dots asap you may be able to do without a cabin. Though a cabin never hurts to do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet]
    #29680117 -

Well i didnt think about it i jus grabbed sum stuff off amazon n this was what i rememberd using in the past was agar agar powder n dry malt extract powder n food coloring.


--------------------
New Journal and Grow setup
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29668030

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29680125 -

Lo-Z said:
0_tonin said:
We might have different kinds of PC, mine doesn’t do the constant whistle, it builds up pressure and then releases it every now and then blasting steam of at quite high pressure, it’s only these moments that it becomes quite loud. I can compare it to some super strong irrigation system. The sound resembles some powerful garden sprinklers, for the record, I have a Hawkins Big Boy 22lt PC.






Holy Shit 0_Tonin this seems aggressive, I'd be scared to stand next to it lol. Once my PC reaches 15PSI I turn the burner to 50% and then it tickles 15psi for the remainder of the cycle. You dont need to keep the Burning on high to maintain pressure. Crank the heat to get it to 15psi then back off to maintain it. I have the basic presto but i'm sure this concept applies to most PCs. Pasty is on point.




cool, thanks man. I will do another cycle soon and will make sure to turn the heat all the way down once it vents, and keep an eye on the weight to make sure its wiggling, this should mean its maintaining the 15 PSI. The least it vents, the better. Because this puppy vents pretty loudly and I hate being that noisy guy.

Thanks for confirming what Pasty said.


--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Edited by 0_tonin (09/28/26 12:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin] * 1
    #29680145 -

Actually if you want that thing to be quieter.. what we do is add more to our jiggler.

Tape a couple quarters on top or use a few magnets.

It'll make it wiggle a lot less. sometimes even barely to none. But it's still releasing a little bit. just enough every once in awhile to be okay.

This will also raise the PSI usually up to about 18 is still very safe to run on our PCS. 

Now I've never used a hawk big boy. I'm speaking about my Presto
.
but I imagine it's the same concept.


Anyways adding weight and actually stopping the jiggle can make your PC almost completely silent after the vent.


Only down side I see is you don't have a gauge to monitor how high your PSI is climbing.

funny cuz it's if you don't add extra weight.  the gauge doesn't matter. They can be inaccurate anyways.

The wiggle of the weight does show that you're at 15 psi.

So I'm not sure how you monitor your rising pressure after adding weight without a gauge. And that'll just depends on how accurate or calibrated the gauge is depending on how many times it's been used.


However I would say that from the experience of everybody else I've seen and myself.  if you just go with two quarters you should be fine and shouldn't be getting above 18 psi.

But thats just what i imagine. Please take it with a grain of salt.



Oh but definitely crank the heat as low as you can while still maintaining pressure. After event.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29680147 -

Oh shit.  I just read someone else's response and realized you don't have a rocker weight on top, or do you? I guess please ignore my response above. If not. My bad..

If the info helps then:hatsoff:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet]
    #29680162 -

skrimplet said:
There seemed to be so much discourse on the cabin thread.... why not just BRF?



Different strokes I suppose. I'd rather work on and store a plate than a BRF jar, it's easier to see what's going on, and BRF feels like more of a crapshoot, especially on nastier contams.

But I'm biased towards agar, especially if something's already on a plate. Nothin wrong with BRF.


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #29680206 -

what is the best time to transfer tomentose growth to fresh agar?
follow up: should you transfer faster if you have some contam on the og plates?


--------------------
i have learnt my lesson about the grow bag ok i'm like 1 month old in mushroom years pls don't lecture me i didn't know

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | 3999 | 4000 | 4001 | 4002 | 4003 | 4004 | 4005 | 4006 | 4007 | 4008 | 4009 | 4010 | 4011 | 4012 | 4013 | 4014 | 4015 | 4016 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,853 1 04/06/03 06:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 03:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 03:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,850 19 11/16/01 01:54 AM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 09:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 04:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 05:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 10:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,161,525 topic views. 10 members, 238 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.085 seconds spending 0.061 seconds on 18 queries.