Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: Velocitator]
    #29672199 -

Nice dude all liberty caps again, cant spot any obvious fakes from the lookalikes. If you keep going you might get enough for a good tea, have you dried and weighed what you have so far?

good work, loving that your picking it up so well!


--------------------
You don't need a cosmic reason to enjoy the sun on your skin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: phossy]
    #29672236 -

Another devon foray for liberty caps, found alot more today tried a different area seems to be doing better that where I was the other day. I even managed to find a cluster of some real beasty caps much bigger than the average.



Always get a buzz coming across big ones like that, still not getting the best amounts of rain and the wind seems to be drying out most caps before they can mature. We're still oddly humid right now so with any luck the rain is brewing and will bless our hills soon enough (especially after the droughts lol)





Much love people. :mushroom2:


--------------------
You don't need a cosmic reason to enjoy the sun on your skin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: phossy]
    #29672251 -

We munched them all already šŸ˜†:crazy:
Wife got just over a gram. I did more but not sure how much actually. initially I had 1.3 but then ate a few more later and last 3 now haha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: Velocitator]
    #29672262 -

Have fun guys!! :mushroom2:


--------------------
"For long you'll live and high you'll fly but only if you ride the tide,
'cause balanced on the biggest wave, you'll race towards an early grave."


"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
for plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines."




06/09/24

42 :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: Velocitator] * 1
    #29672268 -

enjoy let us know it goes :smile:


--------------------
You don't need a cosmic reason to enjoy the sun on your skin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: phossy]
    #29672288 -

Wife says hello šŸ‘‹ 😃

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: Velocitator]
    #29674685 -

Hello ive found 3 or 4 of these mushrooms here that I would like an ID on as they look like liberty caps yet im unsure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: blackbyte10]
    #29674789 -

None are liberty caps. If you picked them together judging by the one in the middle id say Panaeolus foenisecii


--------------------
You don't need a cosmic reason to enjoy the sun on your skin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: phossy]
    #29674818 -

Okay cheers, they did have very fibrous stems.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: blackbyte10] * 2
    #29674911 -

Is it that time of the year again? Wow! Where has the year gone?

This year has been one of the hardest years of my life. I spent 3 months in rehab after self destructing on heroin, methamphetamine and alcohol. When I got out, I promised I wouldn't touch another drug in my life. That mindset has shifted though and I'm way more accepting to psychedelics. Psychedelics have never been an issue. It's all the other shit that's became a problem. I fully intend on hitting the hills again in search of libs. I'll be heading out later on this week and will report my findings once I've been out and about.

Happy hunting everyone! It's great to be back! :rockon:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: gENERIX]
    #29675498 -

Well done on getting clean, that sounds so rough - I really hope you're able to keep the sobriety up, it sounds like really nasty stuff.

As for these lib friends they've been in abundance for a whole month here now. Still going strong! I hope you get some good success and can fit a trip in soon, sounds like ya deserve it.

Happy hunting & trippin' :mushroom2:


--------------------
"For long you'll live and high you'll fly but only if you ride the tide,
'cause balanced on the biggest wave, you'll race towards an early grave."


"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
for plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines."




06/09/24

42 :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: wtoxic323]
    #29676358 -

wtoxic323 said:
Generally what it seems to me is that in the early season you tend to only really find them at higher alititudes. Watch out for humidity, night temps (specifically 8-11C) and even pressure (should be low rather than high.)

They don't necessarily need rain. Ime they do best with fog/mist, or overnight dew. But even just consistently high humidity could be enough.

Generally the north half of England seems to see the season a month behind the north of Scotland, and ours started a month ago so hopefully you'll see some soon. Also even travelling as little as a few kilometres can drastically change results. I'm finding hundreds just 3km away, but none in the usual spots here.

Also look for areas with high moisture retention, like the edges of a field along the treeline, or even around the lower edges of a small hill in the field if there is one where the water drains towards - this is very important in the beginning of the season.

Happy hunting and good luck!



Do you have to look for places with some elevation around sheep or cows generally? I really want to find some this year but haven’t got my UK driving license so it’s not easy to get out too far. There are some fields where I live with cows but rather flat land in the NW that isn’t really accessible. Mostly just parks and sandy woods and things where I’ve never really seen them.

I’ve seen so many photos of them that it should be the case that I’d know them when seeing them, but I don’t know.

Thinking of going on an organized hunting trip in November but I don’t know if it’s wise to ask such people and with two kids finding time for such things might not be so easy anyway…


--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: wolf8312]
    #29676364 -

If your thinking of going on a hunt in november you'll be more likely to find them at lower altitudes as by that point we should be well into the season for lib caps. Sheep and cows don't always mean that you'll find lib caps its a good indicator but not a promise, only way to find out is to have a look when conditions are good and see if they are there :mushroom2:


--------------------
You don't need a cosmic reason to enjoy the sun on your skin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: wolf8312]
    #29677192 -

Sheep fields are better than cow fields imo. It's basically a guarentee you'll find them there where I live lol.

I would recommend trying to see if you can find some before your little trip w others, because november is relatively late in the season - though it depends where you live. So to increase your chances I would start getting out soon.

In terms of actual hunting, you will only need elevation if it's early in the season. Personally elevation never really made a difference for me. I found them as early as the 8th of August at only 30m elevation lol, and that's crazy early even for the north of Scotland - so don't stress about that too much.

Find some sheep fields, or fields with public walkways through them but they're not that common. If you find a grassy hillside they tend to be pretty good too.

Somewhere kinda like this video here:



--------------------
"For long you'll live and high you'll fly but only if you ride the tide,
'cause balanced on the biggest wave, you'll race towards an early grave."


"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
for plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines."




06/09/24

42 :mushroom2:

Edited by wtoxic323 (09/24/26 10:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: wtoxic323]
    #29678302 -

Yeah have a good feel for the kind of habitat I need to be looking for in the UK. Seems to me that I’d probably require a car to get there from where I am though. Hopefully next year when I get my UK license!

Thanks guys!


--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: wolf8312]
    #29679021 -

Any joy in the and around West midlands at all? Nights are getting cold but the sun is still blazing unfortunately. 22c yesterday but dropping to 9 tonight???


--------------------

- DMT
- Liberty Cap Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: acidninja] * 3
    #29679482 -

Hey team, found these yesterday. I've been quite a few years out of the game. So I was wondering if people could just give me a peace of mind confirmation - or tell me I'm an idiot. Cheers



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: ollllie]
    #29679519 -

Your not an idiot, and that's the libbiest lib I ever did see. There's one at the very bottom of the group photos I'm not totally sure about but the stem matches the others so ignore me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: nuggets]
    #29679654 -

Awesome, thank you! I'm not originally from the UK, so I'm used to different species! But I thought these ticked all the boxes for a lib. If anyone has any thought otherwise, I'm always open to correction!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***OFFICIAL UK Liberty Cap (Ps. Semilanceata) thread 2026*** [Re: ollllie] * 2
    #29680269 -

So my first trip never started off all that well. The sun was scenting pretty.much the minute I stepped into the field. With a single torch, the best I could find for the first two minutes was this lovely mud pat right next to my feet:.



To make matters worse, I was getting hit with torrential rain and galeforce winds so I never lasted much longer after that. I did find the odd liberty cap here and there, but to my dismay, my tupperware had a wide open crack that looked like an open window. Any libs I collected came flying back out the tub without me even noticing due to how dark and windy everything was.

It's all part of the fun.. I guess? Anyway today looks like a beautiful day so I'll be heading out right after this coffee and my joint.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* UK Liberty Cap (P.semilanceata) MY BEST PICKS (pic) SalviaEngland 4,826 19 10/21/04 11:51 AM
by phishhead
* liberty caps?
( 1 2 all )
Zen Peddler 10,364 29 08/25/02 10:11 PM
by Zen Peddler
* P. pelliculosa vs P. semilanceata Imobiletoe 2,953 3 10/20/03 10:56 AM
by mjshroomer
* Liberty Cap Dosage?
( 1 2 all )
DocPsilocybin 56,868 39 10/24/19 10:02 AM
by Anglerfish
* Re: Liberty caps mjshroomer 1,503 2 05/03/01 08:13 PM
by mjshroomer
* UK Liberty Caps out early
( 1 2 all )
astralasia 18,350 20 07/30/04 05:32 AM
by astralasia
* UK Liberty Caps hunting pictures & info.. SalviaEngland 17,022 6 10/14/20 06:52 AM
by Jatzan
* UK Liberty Cap hunt report Sin Bad 21,461 4 11/07/03 12:24 PM
by canid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,239 topic views. 1 members, 27 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.