Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3977 | 3978 | 3979 | 3980 | 3981 | 3982 | 3983 | 3984 | 3985 | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29674445 -

I don´t have a stove in the garage, but I do have a spare gas bottle there from my pizza oven. I just plan to grab this one.

I prefer gas burners, way more familiar with them. But that´s just preference.



--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin]
    #29674450 -

Yes that will suffice

The pressure regulator on your PC will make sure that it does not explode

If your PC does not have a pressure regulator...get a new PC unless you want your garage to explode...which you dont

:flyby:

P.S.
I hope you're not literally from Contamville cuz contamz iz badz lolz

Edited by langten69 (09/21/26 10:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29674453 -

When I was living more rural I would run the PC outside on a big propane burner. Most of them are aluminum and will not work on an induction burner, because aluminum isnt magnetic. I also like gas because it doesnt cycle up and down like almost all electric burners do.





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29674455 -

Why are paper towels the go to for removing small puddles? I have been using pipettes, but only ever seem to see paper towels on the forum.

I squirt the metabolite into a clean cup to go into compost later, and dunk the pipette in iso 70 in between each puddle. Am I doing more harm to the ecosystem with a pipette?


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29674459 -

You can really quickly mop up pooling water with a paper towel and have the tub open for a lot less time than using a pipette would take. If your sub is colonized you don't need to worry about introducing a contam that much.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: shroom_fae]
    #29674462 -

Because using a pipette will take infinitely longer

No harm is done to the ecosystem..it just takes way too long for people

Using a paper towel is just infinitely faster and it doesn't hurt the ecosystem either

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29674463 -

fontinalis666 said:
When I was living more rural I would run the PC outside on a big propane burner. Most of them are aluminum and will not work on an induction burner, because aluminum isnt magnetic. I also like gas because it doesnt cycle up and down like almost all electric burners do.







What do you mean when you say 'cycle up and down'

Edited by langten69 (09/21/26 07:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29674465 -

They dont maintain a constant level of heating, it goes up and down in a cycle. Simmer some water in an open pot, you'll see it dip below boiling and then back up again.


--------------------

Edited by fontinalis666 (09/21/26 07:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29674467 -

I suppose i have never encountered this problem personally

:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin]
    #29674471 -

0_tonin said:
langten69 said:
I will edit this post once I am home to show you the setup i use since I also PC in a garage





look forward to seeing your setup, thanks.

My garage is pretty big, and theres never any cars there. We park outside. It is basically a storage unit/mancave. Ideal for PC runs if you ask me. I can have the cycle running while I chill on a comfy sofa having a beer while reading 7 year old posts about grain moisture. If or when I get a flow hood, I would set it up there as well, I can find a corner and arrange a little ghetto lab.







EDIT: the pressure regulator is off in this picture in order to "evacuate the air that is not steam"

You do this for 10 minutes and then you put the pressure regulator on and it will build up pressure up to 15~psi...

At least thats how it is on my PC model

Edited by langten69 (09/21/26 07:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69] * 2
    #29674482 -

langten69 said:
I shall slightly change my earlier response to:

If you just started today, buy the plastic bags with injection ports installed in them already (noob friendly cuz its less work to deal with)

Once you are no longer a noob...you can do more pro shit and it will work better, cuz you work better

:leocheers:



I wouldn't advice noobs to fuck with SHIPs. You'll want to inoc your bag with a wedge, or maybe LC, but once you're at that stage you'll most likely want to free-pour from the vessel, instead of using a syringe.

Actually, jars with their small volume are 'better' to fuck up than bags, and give you more opportunity to practice clean work.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29674487 -

I agree with Churpee Choozle

Practicing with jars to keep your experiments small scale will give you more data to go off of

It depends on where these noobs are coming from because a lot of them have varying sources (youtube/reddit/etc.) telling them to try different things (LC/Agar wedge)

What you chose to do comes down to what your specific goal is

:rockon:

Edited by langten69 (09/21/26 08:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: koma23]
    #29674547 -

koma23 said:
Smellyhobbit said:




What does it look like to you? It's starting to spread, I almost didn't see it on other places as it's the same cinnamon color, just a slight overlay on the very top parts of the casing ...



Slime mold imo


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29674553 -

Probably a long shot but figured I would ask…

Have any enterprising shroomerites figured out a method for removing cracked corn from WBS? I have gotten ok results leaving it in, but I’m getting maybe 1.5 mediocre flushes. It’s pretty much impossible not to have it come out really sticky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: raccoon_cat] * 1
    #29674555 -

raccoon_cat said:
Probably a long shot but figured I would ask…

Have any enterprising shroomerites figured out a method for removing cracked corn from WBS? I have gotten ok results leaving it in, but I’m getting maybe 1.5 mediocre flushes. It’s pretty much impossible not to have it come out really sticky.



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28521007


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29674582 -

bloodssonnew said:
:whathesaid: spawning uncolonized grains leaves grains exposed and unprotected to bacteria which withen 30 minutes doubles in size and bacterial load.

You have 2 spores cuz u fucked up ur pc cycle in the minutest way possible well it's still fucked lwk as in 2 days the bacterial load count will be off the charts :flamethrow:

Not sure if there's a way to check though I'm sure there is

Wells anyways don't spawn uncolonized grain wait till it's ready ur fungi will thank you with fruits rather than the bacteria thanking you for the grains. :hatsoff:



oh ok thx for clarifying but wym i have 2 spores?


--------------------
idrk how I got here or what I'm here for but I  keep waking up with this biological urge to not die✨

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet]
    #29674630 -

Question:
I took a little chunk from the inside of a stipe, like I normally would for a clone.  After a couple transfers, I left some plates undisturbed for months.  They started to pin.  If I put one of those pins on a fresh plate, would I just be making a clone of a clone?  I know that would not be ideal, if so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KeyMaker]
    #29674648 -

KeyMaker said:
Question:
I took a little chunk from the inside of a stipe, like I normally would for a clone.  After a couple transfers, I left some plates undisturbed for months.  They started to pin.  If I put one of those pins on a fresh plate, would I just be making a clone of a clone?  I know that would not be ideal, if so.



Sounds like a good fruiting culture. But yes, cloning that pin would be cloning a clone. Best to get them into a master whatever that is to be (slant or dried grains or water) and then run the working culture until you need to go back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69]
    #29674677 -

langten69 said:
You do this for 10 minutes and then you put the pressure regulator on and it will build up pressure up to 15~psi...

At least thats how it is on my PC model



Cool man thanks for sharing your setup.


The PC I will be buying only runs at 15 psi afaik


--------------------
How about the racist, sexist, phobia soup we've all been drowning in because of him? And I'm not just talking about Jesus. I'm talking about all organized religion - exclusive groups created to manage control, a dealer getting people hooked on the drug of hope, his followers nothing but addicts who want their hit of bullshit to keep their - their dopamine of ignorance, addicts afraid to believe the truth - that there is no order, there's no power, that all religions are just metastasizing mind worms meant to divide us so it's easier to rule us by the charlatans that want to run us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 0_tonin]
    #29674787 -

What’s the best way to prep oats.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3977 | 3978 | 3979 | 3980 | 3981 | 3982 | 3983 | 3984 | 3985 | 3986 | 3987 | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,159,584 topic views. 18 members, 410 guests and 336 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.072 seconds spending 0.053 seconds on 18 queries.