Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3966 | 3967 | 3968 | 3969 | 3970 | 3971 | 3972 | 3973 | 3974 | 3975 | 3976 | 3977 | 3978 | 3979 | 3980 | 3981 | 3982 | 3983 | 3984 | 3985 | 3986 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: skrimplet] * 1
    #29670886 -

So.... how do I find good grains? can wheat and rye do this, too? I can get wheat from my local grocer but the same local guy who I got my oats from for cheap also does wheat and stuff. Am I not to trust it?



I just started my grain journey this year but I have run about a dozen jars with no contamination at all.  This is what I"ve been using...



Red Milo $30 for 10lbs on Amazon. Not cheap but worth it to me. I've also left preped jars out for weeks without issues.

My prep:
rinse
24hr soak
bring to a boil then
simmer 10 minutes
drain and dry
sterilize in pc

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29670895 -

langten69 said:
DoublePortionofW said:
Is there a bottom watering Tek? I found a few treads discussing it but nothing official. Are they any generally accepted rehydration Teks?



This one

Or

This one

And yes @Lo-Z. Try the Floating Lotus Tek, instead of 30 ml of water, fill the tub up with water until the substrate literally floats on water, and let it sit for a day, then drain the remaining water. that will give your sub all the water it needs, and rinse and repeat per each flush



Thank you Lang! This is perfect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DoublePortionofW] * 1
    #29670970 -





Hey again,

I prep my Quart Jar lids for future use Grain ore LQ inocukatuin etc. I settle a injection Port and also drill a 4mm Hole for Air exchange. My question is, are the Hole too Big ore good ore maybe need a second Hole in the lid between the other 4mm hole?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29670996 -

i was able to get a pretty decent 1st flush off a tub but i was kind of late at picking them and a lot of spores dropped on the sub my question is what is the best way to prepare a tubs substrate for a 2nd flush do i flood the substrate. Submerge the tubs substrate or something else currently i just have it in a high RH type situation thanks for any help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: 1oz0fTheory]
    #29671066 -

Do I consider this the end of the first flush and harvest the pins as well? Or do give them a chance to mature?



I already harvested these a few days ago so it seems like the flush is very long and drawn out.



I know I let a lot of them go to long and there is quite a bit of spores on the surface of the cake so. At least I’ll make some prints.


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow]
    #29671079 -

^ i think the ones you have left are aborts, harvest them.

Do you smell anything fruit? To have a flush like that either it is completely overtly dry, or its bacterial/contaminated.

Try soaking it for flush 2.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29671099 -

I think how too prep my future Lc to Grain method. I have Rye Grains and i know there is a tek for no soak method just straight in the jar 1:1 rye to water ratio. And then pressure cooking for 2h. What you think for this idea? I don't like boiling and drying the rye.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29671102 -

search posts by ReverendMyc about that rye prep i think he does it like that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fiet]
    #29671103 -

-Small Fan placement to keep air moving in a small room?-

Here's a pic of the area where I keep my shoeboxes. Due to fuzzy feet, and weak growth in tubs with known good genetics, I feel like this corner of this room is not getting enough airflow to keep FAE up and CO2 buildup down.

I have a small fan and am wondering where to place it so I am circulating airflow but not blasting my shoeboxes with unnecessary air and potentially drying them out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: treewitch]
    #29671111 -

I think it was dry so in the beginning I wasn’t misting I was advised to “neglect tek it “ once I started to mist it picked up but their was not really a distinct flush.

It has a very mushroomy smell so hoping it’s not bacteria I think some are obviously aborts but what about other ones?

Aborts? The darker capped ones



--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow] * 2
    #29671127 -

MushroomsKnow said:
Do I consider this the end of the first flush and harvest the pins as well? Or do give them a chance to mature?



I already harvested these a few days ago so it seems like the flush is very long and drawn out.



I know I let a lot of them go to long and there is quite a bit of spores on the surface of the cake so. At least I’ll make some prints.



I would harvest everything and punish it. It's dry and the mycelium on the surface is all matted from all the misting, give it a good punish and start fresh.



--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29671131 -

Whats punish soak? Or toss?


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow]
    #29671132 -

Never mind clicked the link


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow]
    #29671136 -

So do I soak after I punish it ?


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow] * 2
    #29671137 -

Punishing will leave them soaked :badslave:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29671145 -

lol ok I figured but just wanted to make sure


--------------------
A recent experience with a heroic dose as per Terrance mckennas philosophy. I have had a life changing experience and I plan to continue to use this healing medicine on a monthly basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushroomsKnow] * 1
    #29671161 -

MushroomsKnow said:
lol ok I figured but just wanted to make sure



What you can do after the punish is to put it back in the tub and fill just enough water so the sub floats, after 12 hours you can dump out the rest of the water or fill more if the substrate soaked it all up.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29671195 -

I've got some grain jars that have a few rye berries that is pressed against the glass that wont colonize and is a little bit wet. They are halfway colonized. There are also a little bit yellow liquid. But i assume these are metabolites?
rest of the grain jar looks good.

Its only with this particular strain I have these issues with, even though I im 100% certain I have cleaned them correctly on agaf.

Edited by Sehrmush (09/17/26 11:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Sehrmush] * 1
    #29671205 -

Wet grains and stalling would make me assume there's a bacterial contam


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29671224 -

fontinalis666 said:
Wet grains and stalling would make me assume there's a bacterial contam



:whathesaid:

So you could let it play out and see if it colonize and then top fruit out the jar, give it a shake and watch it's demise(most likely) or yeet it into the sun and start over, some great options :uhoh:

A picture would help as well to see how severe the contamination is.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3966 | 3967 | 3968 | 3969 | 3970 | 3971 | 3972 | 3973 | 3974 | 3975 | 3976 | 3977 | 3978 | 3979 | 3980 | 3981 | 3982 | 3983 | 3984 | 3985 | 3986 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,527 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,154,482 topic views. 14 members, 71 guests and 137 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.082 seconds spending 0.062 seconds on 16 queries.