Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Kloakk] * 6
    #29669159 -

We have lift off!  Pucks have growth!





Really light but it's definitely there.





This one's doing better.  Now I know there's something going on in the cakes!


-Kingboomer


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: kingboomer] * 5
    #29669282 -

I'm in

I realized my pc was only reaching 14psi last month and I ordered a new one but this thread got me a lil too excited so I have steam sterilized 6 jars, 3 of BRF and 3 of manure/BRF.

(Tidal wave -> BRF & P.Cyan "Eungai" -> manure/BRF)

When pressure cooker arrives I will do another 3 of each:)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: BadgerFriend] * 1
    #29669313 -

My SD card is full, need to back ER' up, but ANOTHER Ape Revert jar showing growth, 2/4 currently, 4/4 AA+, and 1 Taz, that I can see anyway, I'm sure there is growth on the top like the rest.  Looking good everyone, @Kingboomer, BHT was one of my favorite cubes for awhile, really smooth visuals, and I've always wanted a crack at the Cambo ever since I let a syringe get too old and it was DEAD by the time I played with it.  Good Funguy and gal times, keep it up folks... CAKE WARS!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: CreonAntigone] * 1
    #29669361 -

CreonAntigone said:
I'm gonna give this a try.



:hereyougo::fuckyeah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: stubb] * 4
    #29669391 -

Alright, card is clear, backed up, now the battery is low, no worries I grabbed a few shots before she died on me. 

APE R




AA+





I couldn't quite get a shot of the Tasmanian through the gap and macro setting, but 7 of 12 showing definitive growth, and I'm sure the others do to, I just can't see it at this point.  All the best cultivators, going back to MSS is getting in my feelers a bit... I LUV it, let's grow CAKES!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29669839 -

:smug:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 3
    #29669841 -

:seriousthumbsup: To all participants, great work, I see a lot of good growers here.


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 5
    #29669874 -

WE PROUDLY CONGRATULATE KLOAKK TO HIS TC TAG!!!

applause...:priceclap::priceclap::priceclap:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 1
    #29669895 -

:popcorn::kaneclap:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: bloodssonnew] * 2
    #29669917 -

Congratulations Kloakk.

:fingerpistol:


--------------------
resistance is futile you will be assimilated

:robawet:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: wearetheborg] * 1
    #29669928 -

wearetheborg said:
Congratulations Kloakk.

:fingerpistol:



:seriousthankyou:

Appreciate it man :hug:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29670280 -

Bad news from the battle front - starting getting good growth in all my jars followed quickly by bad growth in all my jars...



I think I got complacent with water choice - forget to put in a jar of water into the PC cycle to make syringes from and ended up using bottled water labelled reverse osmosis - it's the only common thing across four different syringes three jars each.  On the positive side I get to start over this weekend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MetalPro] * 1
    #29670284 -

Ouch that sucks. Got some green in a few Yeti and ACC cakes that I used LC, that I thought was clean based on the test plate.

MS stuff so far has been good though, and stuff inoculated with LI as well.

KSSS from a seemingly perfectly clean print is thriving, and Eungella LI cakes are looking good.

then I inoculated a BUNCH of cakes with Columbia Rust Spore MS, and did some LI of Sibu, which is a Costa Rican landrace. Plate was full of plins, from a plin sample. Excited to see what it does to cakes.

KSSS - Eungella - Yeti LC, these didn't contaminate (yet)



Eungella in the half pints, ACC on Left, Yeti on Right. No sign of contam despite same LC.



Likely contamination vectors, in my order of likelyhood.

1- Handling the pp5 plastic containers too much, and causing air to come through and colonize the outer edge. The LC ones that contaminated show it near the edge, there is no perfect seal with these containers, and they plastic gives, creating air currents. Some comes through the side, gets past coir barrier because air pockets go to the side, and bam, spores meets tasty uncolonized BRF.



ps: the masking tape on the side itself came from this one being warped, the tape was a hail mary to try to mend an area.

2- The LC was dirty, despite seemingly clean and did well on an agar test plate. It was not uniform, but neither was the squirt. The fact that the same LC in the glass jars are doing fine indicate it might be a difference in container.

3- The LC got contaminated between syringe refills (at different times). Very possible, I think I did two different batches with those LC at different times? Refilling the jars without an injection port means opening them up in the sab, and each time makes it more likely that something got in.

I think the round plastic pp5s might be the winner though.

What's the smallest cake y'all got going? I have one that is 100ml, would like to do a tiniest cake entry if someone feels inspired. Teeniest lil bby cakes





--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Edited by Huskies (09/16/26 02:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 3
    #29670341 -

Both sizes of the wild cubes are ready to go for a swim.







--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Scemilope] * 1
    #29670353 -

Is this the first dunk... Congrats can't wait to see how the wild one turns out.

Hey, #3 APE R half pint showing growth, pretty fast for APE genetics, and sporulation is no problem with this one.  I'll get some updated pics of the AA+, going wild right now and rhizo growth... is this really MSS... without a doubt!  :laugh2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 3
    #29670509 -

Thanks, I'm excited for these. A friend and I foraged these a while back. I've only run em a bit but they're very promising.

Prints from the wild caps gave me these.

WTF 1st MS

I cloned that guy and got this tub.

WTF 1st clone

The print I'm running here is from that clone tub. So not quite wild, but not far from it.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Scemilope] * 3
    #29670571 -

Scemilope said:
Both sizes of the wild cubes are ready to go for a swim.










Those wilds are quick! Where are they from?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 3
    #29670581 -

Pastywhyte said:
Scemilope said:
Both sizes of the wild cubes are ready to go for a swim.










Those wilds are quick! Where are they from?



West Tennessee. We found them on a horse farm last year.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Scemilope] * 3
    #29670584 -

Hell yeah!! Thats soo cool you're running genetics you foraged. I'd love to travel to the south on a genetic hunting trip. 3 of my cakes are a landrace from Louisiana I got via vendor swab, I'm excited to see what they do


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Scemilope] * 2
    #29670587 -

Scemilope said:
Pastywhyte said:
Scemilope said:
Both sizes of the wild cubes are ready to go for a swim.










Those wilds are quick! Where are they from?



West Tennessee. We found them on a horse farm last year.




Cool man, that is doap, hope you find some cool stuff in those genetics :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Cakes are stalling! Help! Grower 1,597 11 05/07/01 07:55 PM
by BrownPastures
* abhorts on top of cake pleezr 987 2 01/14/02 03:43 PM
by pleezr
* Fucken with the cakes 2 (pic)
( 1 2 all )
Magash 3,065 22 10/31/02 09:22 PM
by Magash
* Re: a few questions about my cakes? Anonymous 786 2 12/05/99 02:58 PM
by Anonymous
* bluing cakes - please help! Mercuria 939 1 08/19/01 02:36 PM
by Lana
* transferring cakes...ideas? chunder 802 1 08/13/02 04:53 AM
by FanaTEK
* Re: Difference between cakes and harvest.
( 1 2 3 all )
lounge lizard 6,230 42 03/25/01 07:06 AM
by Anonymous
* cake disintegrated when picked up !! aenima 741 3 05/25/02 05:32 AM
by Iowa Rasta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,243 topic views. 21 members, 105 guests and 250 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.