Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
transferring cakes...ideas?
    #814089 - 08/13/02 05:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hi guys. I've recently found that my humidifcation setup is far to large and time consuming (ultrasonic humidifier w/coke bottle dehumidification chambers) for my new apartment that I'm moving into. I have two roomates and I really dont think they would be too happy about me growing mushrooms so I need a smaller setup. The cakes havent even started pinning yet (only been in terrarium for 3 days) so I was planning to move them to a tupperware container with 2 inches of perlite on the bottom and 1 inch of water. Then I was going to set the cakes on small squares of tin foil. I have a heating pad to maintain temperatures. Does that setup sound sufficient? I plan to use casings for my next batch of shrooms, but do you think this will do for the cakes?

Thanks in advance for all of the advice! You guys really are a great group of people!

chunder

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: transferring cakes...ideas? [Re: chunder]
    #814204 - 08/13/02 06:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You're probably going to have problems with the heating pad. During fruiting stages they don't need to be kept too warm, so unless your apartment is less than 70 degrees most of the time, I wouldn't bother with it.

The size of your tupperware containers might be an issue. I don't know how large they make them, but shrooms need some air space to breathe - especially if you're not using active airflow anymore.

Pick up instead a 73qt Sterilite bin, line with perlite, and create a plexiglas window in the lid. You can just fan this 3x daily, or you could buy a fish tank air pump and either put it in a small filter box or run the hose through a jar of H2O2/Water.

Unless your roommates are in the habit of searching through your stuff, you can just leave this on a shelf or in the closet (with timed lighting) and it's pretty inconspicuous.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation