Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | | Last >
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: The Tao]
    #29668451 -

Think it's just a difference in texture of the brf laiden verm and the barren top layer


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: fontinalis666]
    #29668458 -

I’m looking at the entire right side of the left hand jar. It appears a different colour but I thinks it’s an artifact and not mold.
Wait and see.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: The Tao]
    #29668461 -

We lookin at the same thing 😛 to me it looks like the top is uncolonized verm, and underneath is uncolonized verm+brf, hence the difference in color/texture, could totally be wrong lol.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: fontinalis666] * 1
    #29668469 -

And you kids could do like CBK and innoc in the middle and avoid this trauma.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: bluescreen] * 3
    #29668494 -

There’s no trauma.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: The Tao] * 3
    #29668583 -

I went with the bukkake method instead and sometimes it pays off. Cakes nocked on the 1st are roaring along. The C6 are basically 98% there. Time to consolidate. The 118 and the F10 are close behind.




The next batch is also moving along, doin their thing. The bran muffins are starting to run despite getting a little less inoculation coverage. Even though it’s unlikely they’ll finish at the same time as the brf cakes, I’m a little less concerned about stalling etc. looks like good growth. The brf cakes are of course doing the same as the others I did before. No matter how these turn out, I do want to run more of the bran and see how it maybe does with a 4 holed lid and maybe a single as well.



I do gotta say I’m having a fair bit of fun with these, gonna be so exciting to see them fruit  :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: flapping_bird] * 3
    #29668617 -

We the fae of mushrooms are joining CAKE WAR III, on the side of peace!



This was more of an idea to test brown rice flour against rye flour, but the timing works out. I get rye berries from a local CO-OP for less per lbs than brown rice at big box stores, so it makes sense for me to see if this method works better since the nutritional value of rye is all around better than brown rice. Also I followed PF TEK exactly for both cases, except obviously the case in the top of the image started from rye, so if the use of rye is not allowed, please 🥺 let me know. I will still attempt to compete with the BRF case.


--------------------
Read the guide, read it again, understand the guide, then start the hobby.

I have no idea what I am doing, but I'm having fun doing it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29668619 -

Pastywhyte said:
I went with the bukkake method instead and sometimes it pays off. Cakes nocked on the 1st are roaring along. The C6 are basically 98% there. Time to consolidate. The 118 and the F10 are close behind.




The next batch is also moving along, doin their thing. The bran muffins are starting to run despite getting a little less inoculation coverage. Even though it’s unlikely they’ll finish at the same time as the brf cakes, I’m a little less concerned about stalling etc. looks like good growth. The brf cakes are of course doing the same as the others I did before. No matter how these turn out, I do want to run more of the bran and see how it maybe does with a 4 holed lid and maybe a single as well.



I do gotta say I’m having a fair bit of fun with these, gonna be so exciting to see them fruit  :rockon:




You had me at Bukkake… never heard of that method. I’m intrigued. Love watching the bran grow. Can’t wait to see the results!!



My control jar I did the sides of the jar and it’s booming. So I’m going to tell myself the middles of the other jars look the same.


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 1
    #29668658 -

Woohoo, I see growth on one of the Tasmanian MSS cakes, 2 weeks in, sounds about right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 4
    #29668665 -


Acadian Coast

Brainy Shakti

Melmac

Stoked with how fast these are ripping along! Curious to see what the melmac does on a tiny cake, hoping for one giant dong out the top lol. The other two are spores->agar->LI so I have no idea what to expect there.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: fontinalis666] * 4
    #29668713 -

10 more 750ml WBSF cakes.



--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Huskies] * 3
    #29668757 -

I'm gonna give this a try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #29668763 -

Declare I'm in I believe is the keyword and your OFF to the races!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: CreonAntigone] * 2
    #29668764 -

CreonAntigone said:
I'm gonna give this a try.





--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Scemilope] * 3
    #29668775 -

I'm in!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: CreonAntigone] * 1
    #29668820 -

:priceclap:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 4
    #29668900 -

im depressed. I am depressed because none of this shit carries anything , were just maggots squirming around..thats how I feel..

I wish you all a happier life than mine...cant seem to get death outh of my mind.

Waaatching celebrities funerals and shit..wish I was them sometimes..

But Ill keep fighting...


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 2
    #29668910 -

Cakewonder said:
im depressed. I am depressed because none of this shit carries anything , were just maggots squirming around..thats how I feel..

I wish you all a happier life than mine...cant seem to get death outh of my mind.

Waaatching celebrities funerals and shit..wish I was them sometimes..

But Ill keep fighting...



:hugitout:

I'm glad you're putting up a fight, no need to rush towards death, it will come for us all. Misery will come without us doing anything at all and misery loves company, happiness on the other hand needs to be chased and nurtured.

Pretty fucking unfair, but that's how I see it.

I'm not going to argue that our lives, beyond subjective meanings or reproduction, have any meaning, because I see it that way too, but I do know that this place is better with you in it my man :hug:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29668922 -

thanks Kloakk!


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 1
    #29668929 -

Cakewonder said:
thanks Kloakk!



The pleasure is mine Cake :hug:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Cakes are stalling! Help! Grower 1,604 11 05/07/01 07:55 PM
by BrownPastures
* abhorts on top of cake pleezr 991 2 01/14/02 03:43 PM
by pleezr
* Fucken with the cakes 2 (pic)
( 1 2 all )
Magash 3,071 22 10/31/02 09:22 PM
by Magash
* Re: a few questions about my cakes? Anonymous 790 2 12/05/99 02:58 PM
by Anonymous
* bluing cakes - please help! Mercuria 944 1 08/19/01 02:36 PM
by Lana
* transferring cakes...ideas? chunder 807 1 08/13/02 04:53 AM
by FanaTEK
* Re: Difference between cakes and harvest.
( 1 2 3 all )
lounge lizard 6,238 42 03/25/01 07:06 AM
by Anonymous
* cake disintegrated when picked up !! aenima 741 3 05/25/02 05:32 AM
by Iowa Rasta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,744 topic views. 11 members, 23 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.