Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** * 7
    #29636993 -

THEY HAVE RISEN !!!



SPREADING BUTTS

water, cover with plastic and leaves.
will check in 2 or 3 weeks.

GROWING NEXT TO AN OLD TRAIL

lots of old and young beech around.

Edited by philocybe (07/31/26 03:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: philocybe] * 1
    #29637011 -

Niiiiiiice.

:nice:

I'm gonna be posting these boys here this year. I can feel it.

22 years since the first time I said I'd find them.


--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Toe_Jam] * 1
    #29637077 -

you got to pee in the woods.
true story
first time i found them 2017 (not looking for them) i was peeing in the woods and i notice a little mushroom in the splash zone  pick it and ID it as  caerulipes .
didn't find anymore until 2022, while peeing next to a fallen tree i notice in the fallen split trunk  a cluster of three dark blue mushrooms. 2022 was a very good season ,rain every 2 to 3 days during august and hot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: philocybe]
    #29637081 -

In that case, just call me The Sprinkler.

:cool:


--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #29637115 -

:wat:


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Moria841] * 3
    #29637967 -



HABITAT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: philocybe]
    #29638319 -

:wizard::growshrooms:


--------------------
Life is worth living


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Nitro87]
    #29638367 -

Very nice :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Kyhunter.B] * 3
    #29638604 -

yesterdays + 24 hours for growth reference.



today's find


three biggest of pic1 plus the new one are doing  prints.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: philocybe]
    #29638743 -

What area you finding these in? I'm headed up to ME this week, i'm certain the habitat is good for caerulipes but i've yet to actually find any there


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Moria841]
    #29639077 -

It says that these grow im my state, yet I have seen no observations anywhere on the net, on any mushroom site :shrug:

I would bet that they don't grow in my area because of how hot it gets here with no rain, but it would be cool to find some, if so :yesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Kyhunter.B] * 1
    #29639086 -

It's the same for me, but through scouring the previous years posts about Caerulipes, I've got a better idea of their habitat, which is pretty  specific.

Where I live in Ohio is much flatter than areas where observations have been posted from my state. They are also very strongly associated with hemlock in the Ohio finds I've seen for the most part.

That seems to be the kicker, the microclimate provided by the dense evergreen cover is their jam I'm gathering, but growing almost exclusively on Beech, sometimes Birch that are interspersed or have fallen into the cover.

Also seems like being partially up a hillside in overtly moist areas is part of it.

Basically, the type of environment favored and partially creeated by Eastern Hemlock, which is in my state the northern aspect of deep, dramatic ravines, is where you will find them.

I've been searching Beech stands in my area since I was 14 and never seen one.

But this year I'm gonna go to them.

:lookslucrative:

Anyway, I bet the places to find them in KY are deep ravines with hemlock.  I did a quick search and found several areas in KY that fit the bill. :thumbsup:


--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Toe_Jam] * 2
    #29639475 -

a dense canopy/understory, north facing slops , a river near by.
features that promote high humidity and low air flow and low light.

the trees they prefer from my experience are.

1. beech: if you are in the range of caerulipes even a small secluded beech grow can hide some

2. yellow/golden/swamp birch Betula alleghaniensis: my best spot is the edge of a creek (not a flood plain) lined with this birch in a beech forest .
also it's the only tree i have found caerulipes on with no beech in sight.

3. maple: rare, but from my experience harbors some interesting phenos.

1. paper birch : only found once.

?. beech and hemlock: this mix is rare around here and hasn't panned out for me yet.

find of the day from the birch x beech creek.


EDIT:

THE FULL TRILOGY

day 1


day 2


day 3

Edited by philocybe (08/03/26 09:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: philocybe]
    #29639519 -

Thanks guys :thumbup:

I suck with tree identification, but I know that I see Birch for sure. I believe that we have Beech too.

I'm going to take my tree identification guide with me. I have had it for years and I have not once used it :facepalm:


I will head out after the next rains and see what I can find!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Kyhunter.B] * 3
    #29640150 -



base of fallen tree mostly covered by burrow mound.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: philocybe] * 4
    #29641023 -

finally found some in hemlock and beech :dancer::dancingshroom::dancer:








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: philocybe]
    #29641053 -

You are the Bluefoot Boss Philocybe!


:highfive:


--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #29641391 -

Hell yeah nice finds! :bonghit:


--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: Blazer420] * 4
    #29641989 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ***Official Psilocybe caerulipes 2026 thread*** [Re: philocybe] * 8
    #29647046 -




Forest is covered with em in the finger lakes this year … found some nice fat patches … in case you don’t know you can’t dry Caerulipes and expect them to be even close to as strong as they are fresh … you got about 4 hours …

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psilocybe caerulipes Question emeryg89 8,556 18 02/07/20 06:57 PM
by Doc9151
* Blue Foot? Psilocybe caerulipes? no1uknow 11,640 6 05/30/03 04:56 AM
by no1uknow
* Psilocybe Caerulipes?
( 1 2 all )
Zen Peddler 10,225 33 12/15/02 07:05 AM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe caerulipes in NY? Pics inside.. flanders53 3,421 5 08/06/02 09:44 PM
by MAIA
* Psilocybe caerulipes (pics)
( 1 2 3 all )
SThomas 34,616 45 03/02/15 04:50 PM
by rope
* Psilocybe Caerulipes (blue foot) east coast azures keyeghost 6,154 7 10/17/02 05:49 PM
by comario2
* Best Time/Place to find Psilocybe caerulipes?
( 1 2 all )
Richard_D_James 27,274 23 09/19/11 06:22 PM
by Heremushymushy
* New"hopefully Psilocybe caerulipes" pictures G a n j a 4,800 18 12/24/02 06:06 PM
by OJ

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
865 topic views. 0 members, 24 guests and 74 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.