Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3521 | 3522 | 3523 | 3524 | 3525 | 3526 | 3527 | 3528 | 3529 | 3530 | 3531 | 3532 | 3533 | 3534 | 3535 | 3536 | 3537 | 3538 | 3539 | 3540 | 3541 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: the_chosen_one]
    #29433332 -

Anyone ever had white spots on their dry coir from coco bliss??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29433370 -

Splittinghairs said:
Anyone ever had white spots on their dry coir from coco bliss??



I saw it discussed, but no. Someone said they'd cut it out and carry on. 🤷‍♂️


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs] * 2
    #29433381 -

Yes. They looked like scorch marks to me, I believe kloak suggested using some h202 to treat the spots just in case they were a conta.. I haven't used the bricks that had the white shitnon the. Yet but I plan on treating them before hand just in case. I noticed that on mine they showed up wherever there were these little holes in the plastic. The holes look like they got there from heat.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #29433394 -

That would make sense. It hasn’t grown in two weeks. Has been the same size since I originally saw it. And it’s been in the big 10 brick box in the plastic bit loosely wrapped.

I usually do the whole hot boiling water and the big igloo I use for coir takes minimally two days to get to where it’s even cool enough. 

Guess I’ll intentionally set it aside and save it for one of the grows I “don’t care about” and test it out.

I had only planned on a certain number originally then my ABV genetics got stupid enough to the point I couldn’t throw the plates away.

This hobby kinda sucks.  Lol

Edited by Splittinghairs (12/18/25 04:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29433414 -

Yeah whoever gave me the advice said that they never had any issues after treating with the h202. I wish I had taken a picture of it in the packaging because the holes line up perfectly with the suspected area. But better safe than sorry, I'm definitely gonna do a little preventative maintenance on the coir beforenindo anything with it. It was on like 3/5 bricks I got.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #29433423 -

Any pointers to the state of the art of nutritious pasteurizable  substrates for cubensis? Coming from the perspective of edible species, getting all your nutrition from grain seems grossly inefficient, though I can see the logistic advantage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 2
    #29433434 -

Sulfurshelfsean said:
Yeah whoever gave me the advice said that they never had any issues after treating with the h202. I wish I had taken a picture of it in the packaging because the holes line up perfectly with the suspected area. But better safe than sorry, I'm definitely gonna do a little preventative maintenance on the coir beforenindo anything with it. It was on like 3/5 bricks I got.




It was I that told you I just sprayed the small spots with h202 and then process with standard bucket tek boiling water. I always thought it was a white mold so I just took precautions.  I haven't had a problem with any bricks that had the spots following that method.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #29433448 -

Wow. Guess I got lucky it’s just the one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Lost Geometer B] * 4
    #29433450 -

Lost Geometer B said:
Any pointers to the state of the art of nutritious pasteurizable  substrates for cubensis? Coming from the perspective of edible species, getting all your nutrition from grain seems grossly inefficient, though I can see the logistic advantage.



I feel like this conversation just happened a couple pages ago.

Grain and coir is all ya need. If you can find a TC that says otherwise, I'll shit in my hat. 🤘


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #29433455 -

pretty much thrum.

theres more than enough nutrition in the grain to sustain the number of flushes you get before you run out of water. dont try to apply horticulture to growing cubes.

ive always wondered if silica gel would have some benefit in terms of hydration. not sure if anyones done it. probably.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Arkyhog]
    #29433456 -

Arkyhog said:
Sulfurshelfsean said:
Yeah whoever gave me the advice said that they never had any issues after treating with the h202. I wish I had taken a picture of it in the packaging because the holes line up perfectly with the suspected area. But better safe than sorry, I'm definitely gonna do a little preventative maintenance on the coir beforenindo anything with it. It was on like 3/5 bricks I got.




It was I that told you I just sprayed the small spots with h202 and then process with standard bucket tek boiling water. I always thought it was a white mold so I just took precautions.  I haven't had a problem with any bricks that had the spots following that method.



I probably will still be over precautious.Lol. So I appreciate the tip.

I have had too many grows that under performed and finally nailed it down to 1) field capacity 2) dog shit coir from the Zon.

Think this is the first run I’ve done with the Coco Bliss and am very happy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29433472 -

Yeah, don't risk it, trust in the hog


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 1
    #29433477 -

In hog we trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29433496 -

Lol thanks everyone! Coco Bliss is my go to now also. I even use it for my budy CJ


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Arkyhog]
    #29433561 -

Ordered these agar dishes, package came all liquidy and non-congealed.


They seem fairly packaged, but overall disappointed with the fact that none of these seem to be cured. Are these worth saving by putting in the fridge or should I ask for my money back?


--------------------
Successful Grows: ONE


Agar Plates Gone Through: 46
Agar Plates successfully cultivated: 6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ladynightshade]
    #29433562 -

I'd see if you could get your money back man. I get through a sponsor and their ates are always nice I've only ever gotten one yeast colony on over a hundred plates I've ordered.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ladynightshade] * 2
    #29433564 -

Jeebus.  Money back with extreme prejudice.  It's difficult for me to imagine how this even happened, if they were produced correctly in the first place.

If you have any kind of PC-type device, you really should consider making your own plates.  Much cheaper I'd imagine - and not particularly challenging.


--------------------
How I make spore prints
FFU build

"The idiots are taking have taken over" -NOFX

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 1
    #29433566 -

Sulfurshelfsean said:
I'd see if you could get your money back man. I get through a sponsor and their ates are always nice I've only ever gotten one yeast colony on over a hundred plates I've ordered.




Thanks. I've spent a good chunk so far trying to grow and I keep failing. Feeling disappointed today and will pick myself back up and try again. Hard not to feel discouraged. T_T


--------------------
Successful Grows: ONE


Agar Plates Gone Through: 46
Agar Plates successfully cultivated: 6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: andymc]
    #29433569 -

andymc said:
Jeebus.  Money back with extreme prejudice.  It's difficult for me to imagine how this even happened, if they were produced correctly in the first place.

If you have any kind of PC-type device, you really should consider making your own plates.  Much cheaper I'd imagine - and not particularly challenging.




The other four look just as bad.






My heart dropped when I pulled them out of the package.

:frown:


--------------------
Successful Grows: ONE


Agar Plates Gone Through: 46
Agar Plates successfully cultivated: 6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ladynightshade]
    #29433571 -

Yeah, that's super-shitty.  Sorry man.

You could nuke them to re-melt the agar so that it's in a horizontal plane (if that's even a valid agar recipe?) and leave them for a while to see whether they contam before you try to use them, but they're probably not worth the effort.  Refund.


--------------------
How I make spore prints
FFU build

"The idiots are taking have taken over" -NOFX

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3521 | 3522 | 3523 | 3524 | 3525 | 3526 | 3527 | 3528 | 3529 | 3530 | 3531 | 3532 | 3533 | 3534 | 3535 | 3536 | 3537 | 3538 | 3539 | 3540 | 3541 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* Another quick question, double dosage? dr4g0n 1,035 5 12/18/02 06:46 AM
by BladeLSD
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,528 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,154,968 topic views. 15 members, 92 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.073 seconds spending 0.047 seconds on 16 queries.