Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3517 | 3518 | 3519 | 3520 | 3521 | 3522 | 3523 | 3524 | 3525 | 3526 | 3527 | 3528 | 3529 | 3530 | 3531 | 3532 | 3533 | 3534 | 3535 | 3536 | 3537 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #29431463 -

Try tyvek for unmodded jars

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: the.laundress]
    #29431474 -

Why do we need to 'revive' or transfer an old culture onto agar plates? Isn't grain a type of medium too? What's the difference between doing that and just using the old culture directly?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29431477 -

Kloakk said:
Gilmour Hendrix said:
Oi! How are you guys storing your prints? I have a spare shoebox with cult tools and prints thrown in. I'd like to organize them now that you all have helped me build my library.



You like it neat do you :naughty:

Take a look at this :lol:



I wanna touch it with my big ol' monkey hands!


Tryp- this is for personal storage/cataloging.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: the.laundress]
    #29431495 -

I
the.laundress said:
Try tyvek for unmodded jars



I'ma double down on my noob-ness. Do you mean put a disc of Tyvek under the unmoded lid and screw down the lid on top of that?  And if so, I presume I'd still need to loosen to allow for gas exchange?


--------------------
-Noku
Eskawata kaya waikiki
HHG
"Shake it like you would a newborn baby" - BeefExtreme

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29431508 -

DV8DUG said:
For single pint jars I spawn them in some small tubs I bought at one of the dollar franchises. It says 12.17 cups or 2880 ml. Here's a pic.


Has a little vent on top. Perfect size for a 1:2.5 ratio. Also works great if you have lots of clones or if you are phenochasing or isolating traits.



Found some of these, thanks for sharing.  Do you still poke a few holes around the outside of the container or just pop open vent?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 3
    #29431512 -

Gilmour Hendrix said:
Kloakk said:
Gilmour Hendrix said:
Oi! How are you guys storing your prints? I have a spare shoebox with cult tools and prints thrown in. I'd like to organize them now that you all have helped me build my library.



You like it neat do you :naughty:

Take a look at this :lol:



I wanna touch it with my big ol' monkey hands!


Tryp- this is for personal storage/cataloging.



I like sterile petris for personal prints


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: len53] * 1
    #29431515 -

len53 said:
Why do we need to 'revive' or transfer an old culture onto agar plates? Isn't grain a type of medium too? What's the difference between doing that and just using the old culture directly?



Agar is easier to sterilize, cheaper, and a 2 dimensional surface that you can see contams grow on.  It's not about revival. It's about maintaining culture viability.

Read "agar, what, why and how"


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 1
    #29431519 -



--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29431521 -

Using this TEK Beefy tub

Will 12qt tub work like this?  Would the size of the tub affect FAE ?  I’d probably be able to fit same spawn to coir ratio. But curious of the other things.

I posted it on another thread so forgive me if I sound like a needy girlfriend. 😅

Just seen it was responded to HAHA. Cringe.


--------------------
Agar stuff

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MycoKyle]
    #29431522 -

I replied already bruv


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29431523 -

Yup lol. I didn’t refresh my page in time.


--------------------
Agar stuff

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MycoKyle]
    #29431533 -

Do these WBS brf slurry spawns look healthy to send?
Poured 12/12 (4 days)

2nd attempt S2B (failed oats from agar)






--------------------
Seems like I've been here before
Seems so familiar
Seems like I'm slipping
Into a dream within a dream

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MycoKyle]
    #29431537 -

I found a sale on food dehydrators got a 6 tray metal one for $85. It has settings I was going to do 95F but can do 104F as the next highest setting. It also can run for more than 24 hours I think 99 hours max.

Would there really be much difference between the two settings in potency?


--------------------
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: len53]
    #29431540 -

len53 said:
Why do we need to 'revive' or transfer an old culture onto agar plates? Isn't grain a type of medium too? What's the difference between doing that and just using the old culture directly?



Do you mean an old dried out agar plate or a dried grain? I guess it would be much harder to ‘revive’ it directly in a grain jar because it won’t get rehydrated as easy as it would on agar. Besides that, a grain was probably stored in a non-sterile location, and an old agar plate might have gotten contaminated through damaged parafilm, so you’ll want to make sure it’s clean again before pouring it to grain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29431579 -

AZ Starman2112 said:
Shameless self bump on this question.

AZ Starman2112 said:
Here’s a question for those that make gummies. If I make gummies and want to store them in portions of like 8 pieces, what kind of mini Mylar like bags do I buy? I’d like to store them in like vacuum seal pouches with a ziploc to reseal, similar to the ones the Road Trip mushroom gummies or small portions of THC gummies come in. The ones that you tear off the top and it has a ziplock to reseal it.







Hey. check this out. 

I got one and it's great.  It's not what you're talking about but it is a solution.

Mini bag impulse sealer

I've got one. Its nice to have.



Also you can buy those bags you're talking about on amazon.

Good quality mylar bags I use



These bags are good quality. I've gotten many of them. I feel like a lot of them are probably the same so don't worry about all the different options.

Just make sure you pick the right size for gummies.  Maybe make a little paper pouch using the measurements first and see if they fit.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 4
    #29431587 -

Gilmour Hendrix said:
Oi! How are you guys storing your prints? I have a spare shoebox with cult tools and prints thrown in. I'd like to organize them now that you all have helped me build my library.



I just recently went to the dollar store and got a small little Tupperware that's perfect for that.

Get yourself some of the smaller square and rectangular sandwich bags.. I put all my cube Prints in one and one bag for  my pans and and so on.

I keep wedges in a separate box and separate bag because they can put some humidity in there over time.

all of my swabs.  in the packages they come in.  inside the Box











Eventually I'll probably get a binder like Master Jedi kloakk.  I like that too.  good thing about this little box is it's takes up a little small amount of space.

But you still got to open up the bags and sift through all the prints to find what you want

:hatsoff:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #29431616 -

CaptainTrips420 said:
I found a sale on food dehydrators got a 6 tray metal one for $85. It has settings I was going to do 95F but can do 104F as the next highest setting. It also can run for more than 24 hours I think 99 hours max.

Would there really be much difference between the two settings in potency?



160 for 24h is standard


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie]
    #29431760 -

callmehippie said:
AZ Starman2112 said:
Shameless self bump on this question.

AZ Starman2112 said:
Here’s a question for those that make gummies. If I make gummies and want to store them in portions of like 8 pieces, what kind of mini Mylar like bags do I buy? I’d like to store them in like vacuum seal pouches with a ziploc to reseal, similar to the ones the Road Trip mushroom gummies or small portions of THC gummies come in. The ones that you tear off the top and it has a ziplock to reseal it.







Hey. check this out. 

I got one and it's great.  It's not what you're talking about but it is a solution.

Mini bag impulse sealer

I've got one. Its nice to have.



Also you can buy those bags you're talking about on amazon.

Good quality mylar bags I use



These bags are good quality. I've gotten many of them. I feel like a lot of them are probably the same so don't worry about all the different options.

Just make sure you pick the right size for gummies.  Maybe make a little paper pouch using the measurements first and see if they fit.



Are impulse sealers like the vacuum sealers without the vacuuming?

What do you know about injecting a bit of argon or nitrogen into the bags before you seal them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29431855 -

AZ Starman2112 said:
callmehippie said:
AZ Starman2112 said:
Shameless self bump on this question.

AZ Starman2112 said:
Here’s a question for those that make gummies. If I make gummies and want to store them in portions of like 8 pieces, what kind of mini Mylar like bags do I buy? I’d like to store them in like vacuum seal pouches with a ziploc to reseal, similar to the ones the Road Trip mushroom gummies or small portions of THC gummies come in. The ones that you tear off the top and it has a ziplock to reseal it.







Hey. check this out. 

I got one and it's great.  It's not what you're talking about but it is a solution.

Mini bag impulse sealer

I've got one. Its nice to have.



Also you can buy those bags you're talking about on amazon.

Good quality mylar bags I use



These bags are good quality. I've gotten many of them. I feel like a lot of them are probably the same so don't worry about all the different options.

Just make sure you pick the right size for gummies.  Maybe make a little paper pouch using the measurements first and see if they fit.



Are impulse sealers like the vacuum sealers without the vacuuming?

What do you know about injecting a bit of argon or nitrogen into the bags before you seal them?





Pretty much yes.


And no. I dont have experience with the argon or nitrogen but I have heard of it as well.


Also. The vacuum sealer that I have for food storage allows me to use the seal function without doing the vacuuming if needed.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Edited by callmehippie (12/16/25 10:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: callmehippie] * 2
    #29431866 -

callmehippie said:
AZ Starman2112 said:
Are impulse sealers like the vacuum sealers without the vacuuming?

What do you know about injecting a bit of argon or nitrogen into the bags before you seal them?





Pretty much yes.


And no. I dont have experience with the argon or nitrogen but I have heard of it as well.



I went down the rabbit hole today on this. Argon you can get in cans from the Zon, kinda like the cans you use to blow dust out of a keyboard or other electronics with. One of its uses is for preserving food, wines and liquors. It is heavier than air so you can spray it in the bags upright to displace the air, seal the ziploc and then hermetically seal it with a heat/impulse sealer. This dramatically increases shelf life of food products.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3517 | 3518 | 3519 | 3520 | 3521 | 3522 | 3523 | 3524 | 3525 | 3526 | 3527 | 3528 | 3529 | 3530 | 3531 | 3532 | 3533 | 3534 | 3535 | 3536 | 3537 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,853 1 04/06/03 06:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 03:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 03:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,850 19 11/16/01 01:54 AM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 09:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 04:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 05:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 10:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,161,434 topic views. 12 members, 389 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.082 seconds spending 0.053 seconds on 18 queries.