Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3080 | 3081 | 3082 | 3083 | 3084 | 3085 | 3086 | 3087 | 3088 | 3089 | 3090 | 3091 | 3092 | 3093 | 3094 | 3095 | 3096 | 3097 | 3098 | 3099 | 3100 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Synack]
    #29319670 -

A grow is a grow! Nice job!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Synack]
    #29319671 -

Synack said:
Well, it ain't the most even pinset in the world, but dammit if I ain't growing some :mushroom2:! Maybe this means I've graduated from PFC Noob to Corporal Noob?

Thanks for everyone's feedback and assistance as I got rolling :grin:





that is very even colonization so if I were you I'd look into what is different about the end that fruited.  either way, if you're growing for yourself that will be a sustaining harvest.  second and third (should you bother) flushes might be really nice with that tub.

good job either way!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: dinosaurs]
    #29319675 -

Callmehippie Big Gongrats!!

:fuckyeah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ogelite] * 1
    #29319688 -

APE! How is this looking?

This is the furthest I’ve gotten with APE. This is also the first time I didn’t case after sending to bulk. This is 5 days after spawning to bulk and I have two shoeboxes that look pretty much identical.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AZ Starman2112] * 1
    #29319689 -

Looking good!! Be patient with dem ol’ PEs, they are slow slow.  If you get the blobs, I heard they are equally or more potent also

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Headass] * 1
    #29319692 -

Not always but as a general rule yes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Headass]
    #29319713 -

Headass said:
Looking good!! Be patient with dem ol’ PEs, they are slow slow.  If you get the blobs, I heard they are equally or more potent also



You were the very first one to answer my first post in this forum back when I joined. This is what you said to me…

Headass said:
You are honestly getting lucky with spores to grain.  Try spores to agar, transfer until clean, drop agar to grains…. Your substrate can be just coir, no need for anything else.  You may also try a smaller scale which is easier to handle like 6L shoeboxes.  1:2 ration spawn to substrate with a pseudo casing from the start then an additional casing after colonized, pack it and mist, put the lid on and forget about it.  All PE varieties take time so be patient and let it do its thing.

Also read Hitchhikers Guide, there is a wealth of stuff in there that will help you be successful

Good luck



I have followed all this except for the first pseudo casing. I’m going to case it after it fully colonizes. Every prior grow when I cased at spawn got trich, even when I totally knew I had clean spawn. So I am trying it differently this time. I always appreciate your help and your posts my bro!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AZ Starman2112] * 1
    #29319725 -

I do remember, I’m glad you were able to find a method that works for ya!! I’m excited to see them fruit!! TBH, since I wrote that, I have grown PE varieties without casing simply because I forgot.  I did not get blobs and fruits were awesome, so who really knows about the casing.  Thanks for the kind words and glad to see your grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Headass] * 1
    #29319740 -

Yeah man! Thanks to you and others that responded to that post, I totally changed everything I was doing, stuck around and thankful that I did. I appreciate this community and hope to give to others what has been given to me. I feel that just as in my every day job, this hobby is one that you will never stop learning new things. Most of all the people here make it what it is. Yes there is a few contaminants floating around here, but most around here are good mushies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29319793 -

I'm a bit confused about casing.  In Hitchhikers Beef cases right after spawning.  But others wait for the sub to be colonized plus 2-3 days to case.

Huh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: anders] * 3
    #29319801 -

Casing at spawn would be just using a top layer , it will get colonized with the sub but protect exposed grain


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: anders]
    #29319806 -

HHG shows a psuedocase which is just an extra layer over top that basically keeps from having exposed grains and provides a more uniform surface colonization.

Some species/varieties do better when specific conditions are added after full colonization so when its added at that point its a proper casing layer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AZ Starman2112] * 1
    #29319823 -

AZ Starman2112 said:
I have followed all this except for the first pseudo casing. I’m going to case it after it fully colonizes. Every prior grow when I cased at spawn got trich, even when I totally knew I had clean spawn. So I am trying it differently this time. I always appreciate your help and your posts my bro!




There is no way you get trich from pseudo casing if it’s only coir or coir + verm, right?

Edited by sneakychopsticks (08/20/25 11:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: sneakychopsticks] * 1
    #29319859 -

sneakychopsticks said:
AZ Starman2112 said:
I have followed all this except for the first pseudo casing. I’m going to case it after it fully colonizes. Every prior grow when I cased at spawn got trich, even when I totally knew I had clean spawn. So I am trying it differently this time. I always appreciate your help and your posts my bro!



There is no way you get trich from pseudo casing if it’s only coir or coir + verm, right?



There shouldn’t be, no.

Edited by nocap (08/20/25 11:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: nocap] * 3
    #29319861 -

Pray for us, microbiological Jesus.


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Outboard] * 1
    #29319862 -

Outboard said:
Nice to hear. I'm glad I found this forum. Before starting, I watched YouTube videos and read articles that said I needed to sterilize my coir. I think that if it weren't for this place, I wouldn't have had such a successful grow the first time around.



We are glad that you found this forum too. 
Stick around and grow some sweet canopies. :awesomenod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 3
    #29319863 -

:prayer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 3
    #29319874 -

With that attitude you'll be growing sick stuff before you know it.

It helps to take a really small sample, like, scrape some inner tissue with a scalpel, or do a Josex' poke, especially if you're still working on your SAB game.

And once again: congrats Hippie! That's great news! My kids are the most awesome project in my life.
Enjoy every moment! Pregnancy has its ups and downs, but overall it's magical. Enjoy the last of your relatively uninterrupted time together. And it's a terrible cliche, but they grow up fast, really damn fast, enjoy every minute of it! My son turns 13 in a month and he's 1.73 m. I have spent way more time with him than any other dad I know IRL, but it feels like I just blinked, once, and this huge guy emerged from a very small cradle.
All the best to you and the aspiring mother!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 2
    #29319891 -

Again, thanks for the feedback. So far, this is the first contam out of all of the inoculated cakes, spawn, and plates I have done. Now I know what bacteria looks like! :cannotunsee:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cronicr]
    #29319901 -

Not if you follow P9 Tek

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27426583

Gonna run this from now on. I had one tub of PE I was happy with following it.

Compress the substrate prior to putting on the pseudo. He says creates a barrier that the mycelium doesn’t wanna break past.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3080 | 3081 | 3082 | 3083 | 3084 | 3085 | 3086 | 3087 | 3088 | 3089 | 3090 | 3091 | 3092 | 3093 | 3094 | 3095 | 3096 | 3097 | 3098 | 3099 | 3100 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,529 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,647 topic views. 14 members, 58 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.075 seconds spending 0.057 seconds on 18 queries.