Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #29007046 -

Funny thing I was gonna include wondering if I ever enjoyed getting high too with all that included.  I really may not have schizophrenia is a funny thing.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: JonBongGroovy] * 1
    #29010080 -

Mass hysteria can manifest as giving in to fashion fads, participating in riots, or crazes.  I see cannabis use and pipe smoking, or smoking in general to be a fashion fad. A part of mass hysteria or mob mentality.  Vanity stinks.  It smells like smoke mixed with cologne.  The hysterical person is vain and paranoid. The vain person is hysterical. They are also rather bored with their hum drum existence. Rolling up cuffs on jeans and letting the jeans be baggy, even when they are not, letting them sag down past the waist line, showing off flashy boxer shorts, expensive basketball shoes, and as for the ladies; wearing tight fitting clothes that show off the breasts, belly and butt; smoking tobacco, cannabis, ingesting alcohol, dancing in a frenzy. All of this is similar to breaking property and stealing. Smoking fills a void, it counteracts a feeling of dullness. We admit we are like apes, but seldom do we admit that we are apes. The rational response is rare. We are often too injured and frightened by our own self image to dress and ingest rationally.

We are fragile creatures, easily startled by our own image in the mirror and how we fit in or relate to the group. 

My cannabis smoking started irrationally, getting sucked into hotboxing cars during school, for no other reason other than because of Who was Who. Who I was with, how that made me cool. Associating with older peers, wanting to be someone else. Anything to escape that feeling of frailty or mortality.  What I see, with cannabis use, is an escape from vulnerability. Creating that smoke screen. Hiding in intoxication. However, no matter how much you hide, reality breaks through and does not leave you alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: Cory Duchesne]
    #29010320 -

Cory Duchesne said:
What I see, with cannabis use, is an escape from vulnerability. Creating that smoke screen. Hiding in intoxication.



Very interesting and insightful!

Maybe paradoxically, being high can make one feel so self-conscious, it's stressful.  Over the decades I noticed being high fueled my social anxiety, yet I still got high, and rationalized that I "enjoyed the challenge" of being around others and feeling stressed and self conscious.  That's just plain dumb!  Why would I do that?!  But I did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #29013018 -

For me, it was simple peer pressure. Wanting to hang out with the older, louder folks who were toking the herb. When I became addicted, I soon found myself smoking alone, in isolation. What ever happened to my friends? One guy in particular became self loathing and suicidal.  Another guy lost his wife and ended up selling his house. I never seen anything good come out of cannabis smoking, every pot head I ever met was trouble for himself and others. Guys like Terence McKenna made cannabis seem like the thing to do, he was very much an advocate for smoking the herb. That is what makes cannabis so much different from alcohol. People who drink alcohol know they are getting dumber and wasted, they would never say alcohol is a medicine. Cannabis users on the other hand think they have attained some special insight or genius through their medicine. That makes cannabis more insidious than alcohol. Cannabis has slowed me down considerably, it was a form of self handicapping. Same as alcohol, it handicaps the person.  I do not have any solutions to life other than to give caution and warnings to people. The world is not a kind or easy place to live in, it is a go faster go quicker species, a pressure to get things done kind of relationship to environment. Most of the people I meet just give me suggestions to go see a councilor, therapist, organization, etc. It is a constant redirect to somewhere else I have already been. Round and round, the vicious circle. The question, have you considered therapy? is borderline trolling.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: Cory Duchesne]
    #29013817 -

No intelligent pothead thinks it gives them some sort of special insight or genius.. that's lsd bro..

Also we smoke pot to deal with the society we were born and judgemental pricks like how you act about a lmao... plant.
I have to handicap myself to deal with this fuckery..
Your life must be perfect. Great for you
Enjoy your own sobriety.
But don't discount how others operate and maintain what can absolutely be an extremely productive live. Whilst imbibing in cannabis.

Also big ups to all those trying to quit for various reasons. But this last response was obscene from my perspective


--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: ashfiken]
    #29014586 -

My life is far from perfect, and if you call getting shot up with an anti psychotic once per month sobriety then call me sober. I take sleeping medications every night, I wake up, take 150 mg of welluburtin for depression. I am a cautionary tale for what happens when you commit to the herb. People pissed me off, I got angry, that cycle of anger went on for a couple years, then the authorities showed up at my door one night and took me to the psyche ward for a month. There I was told not to smoke weed and instead take their pharma. My grievance is mostly with landlords, psychiatrists, bankers and police. Were it not for the the cost of living, and the authorities that be, maybe I would still be toking the herb.  I simply do not have the support system to smoke the herb. But boy do they like it when you take the pharma.


When the bugs get your cotton, the times they are rotten,
I'm jolly banker, jolly banker am I.
I'll come down and help you, I'll rake you and scalp you,
Singin' I'm jolly banker jolly banker am I.
When the landlords abuse you, or sadly misuse you,
I'm a jolly banker, Jolly banker am I.
I'll send down the police to keep you from mischief,
Singin' I'm jolly banker, jolly banker am I. (Woody Guthrie)



Edited by Cory Duchesne (11/06/24 07:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #29014596 -

I Ain't Got No Home In This World Anymore - Woody Guthrie

I ain't got no home, I'm just a-roamin' 'round,
Just a wandrin' worker, I go from town to town.
And the police make it hard wherever I may go
And I ain't got no home in this world anymore.
My brothers and my sisters are stranded on this road,
A hot and dusty road that a million feet have trod;
Rich man took my home and drove me from my door
And I ain't got no home in this world anymore.
Was a-farmin' on the shares, and always I was poor;
My crops I lay into the banker's store.
My wife took down and died upon the cabin floor,
And I ain't got no home in this world anymore.






Edited by Cory Duchesne (11/06/24 06:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: ashfiken] * 2
    #29014619 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: Cory Duchesne] * 1
    #29014788 -

That was all a much better picture and explanation, thank you Cory


--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: ashfiken] * 1
    #29020378 -

As a lifelong smoker, it does seem to me way over-the-top that weed is seen as an aspect of healthcare, and in many ways it's pushed as a miracle drug that has a wide array of medical uses and treatments.  All of these dispensary billboards tell everyone that weed "helps you sleep" and weed helps you "laugh more" and using the Caduceus medical symbol to reinforce the idea of "healthcare". 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #29020688 -

I like not smoking pot I feel better sober.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #29021266 -

The worst is when you are over 35+ years age and the neighbors children wander over uninvited and find marijuana roaches outside in the ashtray and you are in that dilemma: what do I tell them? do I talk to their parents about it? It is almost as if cannabis forces you to identify as a sick or disabled person. As Alan Watts said, the most dangerous thing about marijuana is getting caught with it. It is a complication I would rather live without. I feel better not causing a stink. I feel better not having to explain something like that. How did it all start?  For me, it was vanity, a fashion thing. Kind of like dressing in cool clothes. A fad. Later, it became some health issue, like I had some condition that made me marijuana dependent.  As far as I can tell, any health issue I had was caused by the marijuana itself. Cannabis causes the health problem, then I would smoke just to assuage the health problem that cannabis caused to begin with. I was otherwise a fairly healthy, normal person before I started using. It is just an emotional attachment, a bondage. It really is not so different from alcohol, the motivation for using and becoming dependent are similar. Fear of sobriety. Fear of people. Fear of sleep. Cannabis connects with fear.

Edited by Cory Duchesne (11/12/24 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #29021315 -

Smoking Weed As A Teen VS Smoking Pot Over 30:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #29023964 -

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ?? || Dr Aris Latham


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #29091957 -

Muted, dead heads. Less motivated, less engaged.  Engagement with other people.... on Marijuana.... I do not think engagement is possible. Giggling over nothing. Giving importance to stupid things. Marijuana impairs judgement. The brain wears out after constant exposure to drugs. Doused in a neurotoxin.  If you meet people who have been smoking for a long time, they are not going to have the vitality, the sharpness. Marijuana users try to enhance their high with shrooms, lsd. Marijuana is a gateway drug. People become psychotic on marijuana.  Common paranoia.  Feeling persecuted. Psychiatric drugs are so invasive.  If they are smoking marijuana while on psychiatric drugs, they relapse on the psychiatric drugs.  Marijuana takes the edge off the human being.  Over a lifetime we are going to be pushing our culture in a direction it is already going.  No clear values. No clear sense of personal responsibility.  A desire for a lack of distinction in thinking. Intoxication Anosognosia... you become unable to know the effects of the cannabis.  It invades your frontal lobes. There is a tendency to believe in drugs.  The gradual decent into hell.  One day you wake up overweight and sick on drugs.  It is gradual. - Dr. Breggin Discusses Marijuana


Edited by Cory Duchesne (01/17/25 12:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: Cory Duchesne]
    #29129140 -

Reefer madness going on in here!

How do you feel about cocaine?
:crackvial:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #29129152 -

I never tried cocaine, I never will. I just don't believe money should be used for intoxicants, period. Establishing a work routine for a company of some kind, getting a consistent pay cheque, securing your shelter, food, clothes, cleaning supplies, sleep and recreation, those are the ends I value. Using intoxicants costs $ and if the cost of the intoxicant undermines your ability to get a place to live and secure all the necessary and meaningful ends, then the intoxicant is a vice and leads to drama.

A marijuana smoker from high school, a guy I was friends with, 20 years later he tells me he can't forgive me for some joke I said about him when we were teenagers. I was just pranking him. Here he was in his thirties still holding a grudge 20 years later.  (*Pranksters with a camera needlessly put themselves and others in danger of aggravated assault.)

3.5 Cubits High:




3.5 Cubits High (O)




"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." Yogi Berra.

Edited by Cory Duchesne (02/17/25 03:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: Cory Duchesne]
    #29130146 -

Well what was the joke? Sometimes it can seem like a joke to you, but to the other person can be an insult. Holding a grudge for 20 years seems excessive, but maybe it was hurtful, and made him develop a worse view of you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #29130161 -

It was not a joke/prank in good taste. When he brought it up again 20 years later, I sincerely apologized. I just got swept away in my adolescent feelings. 

We were only 17 or 18 years old at the time of the joke. I was joking about him getting with under-aged ladies, teasing him about it, and there was a lady around us who was his age who he wanted to impress, and she rolled her eyes and walked away from us. I was defaming him, essentially, but giggling and laughing while I did it, I was not being sincere. He was not messing around with underage ladies, but we teased each other about that kind of thing quite often, but at this particular moment the timing was way off, it was the wrong moment. I was smoking weed and drinking at the time, and continued smoking weed for quite a few years after that prank.

It was not so much of a joke as it was 'hard teasing'.  He definitely thought less of me as a result, and to this day I don't believe he has forgiven me or ever will.  For him, it was drama. To me, it was just ridiculous. 

Defamation:



Faulty Towers (Snowflake Mountain)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana Abstinence Support Thread [Re: Cory Duchesne]
    #29130276 -

Yeah, I can see his perspective here. That's something that may be too much to joke about, fake-accusing him of a heinous crime. To be honest, I tease and get teased by friends all the time, and if I got teased by that, it really would stick with me for a long time. I think from his perspective it wasn't really a 'tease'.

But you were kids, I understand. Hopefully you learned something from it. Sometimes in our lives we lose friendships due to mistakes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* a 'new' beginning - a support thread HB 1,489 6 05/30/04 05:10 PM
by Redstorm
* Directory of SUPPORT GROUP THREADS & Other Resources geokillsA 21,923 0 09/16/04 12:45 AM
by geokills
* Quiting marijuana (log/journal)
( 1 2 all )
whole9 5,056 20 11/12/03 01:03 AM
by whole9
* The Methadone Support and Information Group Northernsoul 1,656 3 08/08/04 02:51 PM
by Northernsoul
* My Exercise, Motivation, Ass-Kicking-As-Required Thread
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,902 26 06/03/04 01:16 AM
by Strumpling
* The "What mental disorder does this most sound like" Thread
( 1 2 all )
d33p 5,505 35 09/07/04 12:16 PM
by ZeroArmy27
* Hello, im new to the Support Group BlowMiNose 1,671 3 08/22/16 10:33 AM
by Moonshoe
* DEPRESSION THREAD
( 1 2 all )
Northernsoul 11,817 26 02/27/03 10:06 AM
by Northernsoul

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
47,831 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 19 queries.