Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | | Last >
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle]
    #29001205 -

Kickle said:
I'm not well versed on this topic so I'm just spit balling. But I tend to find some logic in any thinking. I get the logic of tariffs causing inflation on products already in the market. You cannot raise the cost of a good without passing it on to the consumer.

But I see the logic of tariffs imposed as a way to prevent a goods entry into the market differently. The absence of something already absent in the market doesn't seem like it would cause inflation. But it also wouldn't drop prices. But I think that's the point. Keep the money local and such to support higher paying jobs.

I suspect the complexity lies in 'retaliation' from those who have tariffs imposed on their goods.



The problem becomes that everything directly involved in manufacturing that product is now significantly higher. So think of tariffs on steel. It's not just manufacturing big businesses, it's now tools, homes, appliances, etc all have a major increased cost due to the tariff. That means goods and services (ie: handymen that now have to buy tools at a 50% markup) now charge for a higher price for their service. Things you wouldn't even think of it impacting now have a huge increase of cost on their end which of course means that cost is now being passed onto the consumer and literally nobody is happy about it.

Tariffs in the modern world are a bad thing in a capitalistic society.


--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: gopher]
    #29001296 -

gopher said:
I posted the video, BYD is a legitimate option for electric vehicle, they are regularly sold in Europe



The BYD Chinese market cars are vastly cheaper than the euro market cars. The BYD euro market cars aren’t significantly cheaper than other euro cars. Here the thing, when a Prius is cheaper than a BYD you get the Prius.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: christopera]
    #29001299 -

We should get rid of tariffs so that everyone is forced to buy the cheap cars.  Tariffs are pointless

:elmo:

“Its just a tax”


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: TrancedOutBrah]
    #29001320 -

TrancedOutBrah said:
Kickle said:
I'm not well versed on this topic so I'm just spit balling. But I tend to find some logic in any thinking. I get the logic of tariffs causing inflation on products already in the market. You cannot raise the cost of a good without passing it on to the consumer.

But I see the logic of tariffs imposed as a way to prevent a goods entry into the market differently. The absence of something already absent in the market doesn't seem like it would cause inflation. But it also wouldn't drop prices. But I think that's the point. Keep the money local and such to support higher paying jobs.

I suspect the complexity lies in 'retaliation' from those who have tariffs imposed on their goods.



The problem becomes that everything directly involved in manufacturing that product is now significantly higher. So think of tariffs on steel. It's not just manufacturing big businesses, it's now tools, homes, appliances, etc all have a major increased cost due to the tariff. That means goods and services (ie: handymen that now have to buy tools at a 50% markup) now charge for a higher price for their service. Things you wouldn't even think of it impacting now have a huge increase of cost on their end which of course means that cost is now being passed onto the consumer and literally nobody is happy about it.

Tariffs in the modern world are a bad thing in a capitalistic society.



Things already in the market, like steel, make sense to me. Or materials made from steel which are also already in the market. It's the not currently in the market stuff I'm curious about.

Consider that Biden kept the tariffs Trump imposed on China in place and even expanded them. What does that mean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle]
    #29001331 -

Kickle said:
TrancedOutBrah said:
Kickle said:
I'm not well versed on this topic so I'm just spit balling. But I tend to find some logic in any thinking. I get the logic of tariffs causing inflation on products already in the market. You cannot raise the cost of a good without passing it on to the consumer.

But I see the logic of tariffs imposed as a way to prevent a goods entry into the market differently. The absence of something already absent in the market doesn't seem like it would cause inflation. But it also wouldn't drop prices. But I think that's the point. Keep the money local and such to support higher paying jobs.

I suspect the complexity lies in 'retaliation' from those who have tariffs imposed on their goods.



The problem becomes that everything directly involved in manufacturing that product is now significantly higher. So think of tariffs on steel. It's not just manufacturing big businesses, it's now tools, homes, appliances, etc all have a major increased cost due to the tariff. That means goods and services (ie: handymen that now have to buy tools at a 50% markup) now charge for a higher price for their service. Things you wouldn't even think of it impacting now have a huge increase of cost on their end which of course means that cost is now being passed onto the consumer and literally nobody is happy about it.

Tariffs in the modern world are a bad thing in a capitalistic society.



Things already in the market, like steel, make sense to me. Or materials made from steel which are also already in the market. It's the not currently in the market stuff I'm curious about.

Consider that Biden kept the tariffs Trump imposed on China in place and even expanded them. What does that mean?


I bet he couldn’t tell you

:burke:


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: TrancedOutBrah]
    #29001332 -


Kickle said:
I suspect the complexity lies in 'retaliation' from those who have tariffs imposed on their goods.



I mean yeah.  But if they can’t retaliate, it’s just good posturing/negotiating.

The carrot AND the stick, yanno?


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Edited by theRealrollforever (10/26/24 06:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #29001415 -

Well I'm pretty sure China did retaliate and that may have something to do with Biden sort of being forced to stick to it.

It reminds me of this clip:


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle]
    #29001424 -

Lol signin to confirm I’m not a bot, nice try YouTube


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #29001427 -

It's an old Mel Brooks sketch from 'Dracula Dead and Loving It'. If you dig comedies it's worth a watch :smile:


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle] * 1
    #29001429 -

with one of the better portrayals of the renfield character :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle]
    #29001430 -

It’s exactly like that :lol:

It started working now


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle]
    #29001434 -

Kickle said:
Does a tariff influence inflation if the tariff prevents the sale of the good in the first place?

:notsureif:



If you prevent the sale of cheaper foreign goods, domestic manufacturers don’t have to lower their prices to stay competitive.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: koods] * 1
    #29001438 -

Yeah but that can in theory serve an industry like the automotive industry to pay living wages. Driving down costs to match a country with lower wages isn't necessarily a win for the American worker.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle]
    #29001444 -

That might be true and there may be a good argument to be made but it isn't that tariffs aren't inflationary.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle]
    #29001445 -

But it is a win for American consumers. Wage growth is now one of the leading contributors to inflation.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: koods] * 2
    #29001463 -

That's what I would say if I was a billionaire trying to become a Trillionaire.


--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: koods]
    #29001466 -

Well I think there is a difference between placing a tariff on a product already in the market and one that has yet to enter the market. But I'm not strong enough in economics to map all those interconnections out.

One looks like it has a very direct link to inflation. The other is more correlational, and as a skeptic I'd want to see more data.

I do like the link between wage increases and inflation but I wonder which led to which here. Inflation necessitates wage increases, but it isn't an exact science and may need recalibration as supply/demand in the workforce shifts, resulting in some temporary ripple-like inflation following the wage hikes.


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle]
    #29001490 -

Kickle said:
Yeah but that can in theory serve an industry like the automotive industry to pay living wages. Driving down costs to match a country with lower wages isn't necessarily a win for the American worker.



A publicly traded company beholden to the shareholders says keep wages down as much as possible, shed excess workers, automate as much as possible.

They aren't driving down the cost. That's the problem. They just match whatever the foreign good price that now has an extensive tariff.

It'd be one thing if the increased wages to at least somewhat match their increased profits, but that's not what happens and you know it.


--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Kickle] * 1
    #29001494 -

Moderating tight labor markets is one of the primary goals of raising interest rates. Now that inflation os stable and close to target, the monthly jobs reports and unemployment rate are the most important factor in determining how quickly interest rates will be reduced. If there are more jobs created than expected, the fed will hold off reducing rates.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: koods]
    #29001496 -

:thumbup:


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | 1452 | 1453 | 1454 | 1455 | 1456 | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | | Last >

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Free Health Care: Illegal Silversoul 1,135 10 03/28/05 07:54 PM
by DirtMcgirt
* abortion doctor murdered, while at church
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Taco Chef 5,489 126 06/13/09 01:44 PM
by TGRR
* Court Orders Church to Provide Birth Control DiploidM 738 5 10/23/06 08:22 PM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03
* Anti-gay Church Liable: $10.9 Million
( 1 2 3 all )
DiploidM 4,553 55 11/03/07 05:40 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Obama throws his church under the bus
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Phred 8,151 93 06/06/08 07:51 AM
by rev 766
* Churches Everywhere (reform related) makaveli8x8 990 13 02/14/07 12:50 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Three killed in Egypt church riot Los_Pepes 413 0 10/22/05 10:43 AM
by Los_Pepes
* IRS Investigates Obama's Church. lonestar2004 390 0 02/27/08 09:27 AM
by lonestar2004

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
500,777 topic views. 3 members, 3 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.031 seconds on 18 queries.