Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1332 | 1333 | 1334 | 1335 | 1336 | 1337 | 1338 | 1339 | 1340 | 1341 | 1342 | 1343 | 1344 | 1345 | 1346 | 1347 | 1348 | 1349 | 1350 | 1351 | 1352 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MohawkKen]
    #28989675 -

Why not grow it out. See what you get.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28989772 -

Almost ordered some hg containers but it's like 6 weeks delivery, ain't got time for that šŸ˜‚


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28989774 -

AspectOfTheCreator said:
Why not grow it out. See what you get.



:whathesaid:

You already got it on a plate so you wont be using it again. Worst comes to worst you learn something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CocaineBuffet] * 2
    #28989868 -

First ever plate pin! Also the first transfer i took is knotting up. (Only worked with agar once before and didn't really keep the plates.)

Got 12 shoeboxes at like 95% can't wait to see what comes of them!





--------------------




Edited by polyflakes (10/17/24 09:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: polyflakes] * 1
    #28989887 -



Well can't wait for 6 weeks for hg so I'll pull out the old pp5 petri dishes I guess


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #28989923 -

cronicr said:


Well can't wait for 6 weeks for hg so I'll pull out the old pp5 petri dishes I guess



These are inferior? I feel like ditching the screw top would make life easier, no?


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #28989931 -

Naw they're great lol, I actually just ordered more but they are far more expensive and aren't suited for no pours



--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #28989943 -

cronicr said:
Naw they're great lol, I actually just ordered more but they are far more expensive and aren't suited for no pours





Valid point. My no pours look like shit, but its easy af and they get the job done. Good thing I'm into mush cult and not pretty plates or it might bother me. šŸ˜Ž


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 2
    #28989944 -

Yeah and " expensive " is kind of a dumb term around here anyway ,for what we do pinching pennies is kind of useless lol, I also ordered actual dishes so normally I do no pours for the first few transfers then fi ish on "proper" plates for good clarity but whatever gets the job done right


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #28989946 -

cronicr said:
Yeah and " expensive " is kind of a dumb term around here anyway ,for what we do pinching pennies is kind of useless lol, I also ordered actual dishes so normally I do no pours for the first few transfers then fi ish on "proper" plates for good clarity but whatever gets the job done right




I feel that. Pretty much anything I buy that makes things easier/less time consuming is worth every penny. Im fuckin with this hobby probably 15hrs a week - that's a part time job dude. Lmao and I dont even have that many projects going, I just haven't streamlined my process...


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #28989953 -

Fucking rights fam! It's so addicting lol



Funny enough when I pulled these out I found one with a culture in it from 2021 labeled cinctus pseudo stones and it looks fine I'm going to transfer it

Speaking on addicted ....I don't even need plates right now but having a drink and wanting to do something myco šŸ˜‚


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #28989961 -

Cron you seen these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CKF3QWL2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

the_chosen_one pointed me at these a while back, good for many uses, and nice and clear.

Still have to use the .com to buy em but shipping and duty was worth it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: wavyedge] * 1
    #28989965 -

Fuck yeah thanks brutha I'm gonna place that order asap lol


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: wavyedge]
    #28989997 -

wavyedge said:
Cron you seen these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CKF3QWL2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

the_chosen_one pointed me at these a while back, good for many uses, and nice and clear.

Still have to use the .com to buy em but shipping and duty was worth it.



Im eventually gonna pull the trigger on this. 500 is an obscene amount and I dont need to spend $200, but these would be friggin NOICE.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28990107 -

for $200 you're halfway there to building a flow hood (carpentry aside) and not having to worry about no pours. Glad I took the plunge and I still use HG's...in fact, found one from 2022 that was poured, no contams...amazing.


--------------------
Laminar Breeze

Filter: 24x24x5.875 Koch
Pre: Dupont Ultimate 9600 14x20x1
Blower: 1TDT2

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28990110 -

Take this with a grain of salt, it’s just my experience, but the condensation on the clear primo plates is worse than any other no pour plate I’ve run.  I have the pp5 petris, alien HG, and these primos.  Don’t get me wrong, clarity is awesome but there’s still a lot of condensation.  Since the condensation is so heavy I am able to ā€œclearā€ it off in the SAB by tapping the side of the plate and disturbing the water droplets so they fall and then just clam shell the plate so the water falls out.  Not perfect,  definitely got contam from it but that’s my own fault.  I also noticed that a few plates on the top and bottom of the PC stack warped a bit.  Idk if anyone else experienced that or not.  I got 10  of the 90mm plates before going the bulk route and I’m glad I did.  Definitely don’t take my opinion as gospel either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TheGreatDellion]
    #28990289 -

How does sterilizing these polypropylene petri dishes work? Do they come with a re-usable sleeve?

I guess people are doing no-pours with these? I've gotten good at pours, but if I can stack dozens of these in the 23qt and not have to worry about being timely, I'd be down.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Huskies] * 2
    #28990297 -

Stack petris filled with agar, wrap said stack with foil, pc, unwrap in front of a hood or in sab.


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E]
    #28990306 -

^dope. haven't had issues with agar overflow?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


Huskies' Grimoire
The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Easy Instant Pot Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Huskies] * 2
    #28990325 -

Nothing worthy of envy, but I did 10 HG plates last night in the instant pot - best results yet as far as condensation goes! 2 stacks of 5, each in a qt jar with an inverted lid and foil on top. 75 minutes run time, and really only the top 2 had much condensation, 2nd plates were nearly condensation free. The rest are ready to rip!

Pics 'cause it happened:

Top plates:


2nd plates:


3rd plates:


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1332 | 1333 | 1334 | 1335 | 1336 | 1337 | 1338 | 1339 | 1340 | 1341 | 1342 | 1343 | 1344 | 1345 | 1346 | 1347 | 1348 | 1349 | 1350 | 1351 | 1352 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 72 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 77 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,392 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,010 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,704 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,671 topic views. 17 members, 177 guests and 220 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.024 seconds on 18 queries.