Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1331 | 1332 | 1333 | 1334 | 1335 | 1336 | 1337 | 1338 | 1339 | 1340 | 1341 | 1342 | 1343 | 1344 | 1345 | 1346 | 1347 | 1348 | 1349 | 1350 | 1351 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Moose420]
    #28981677 -

I picked one up last week. Love it. They get you on the labels though, 3 pack of clear ones cost almost as much as the maker lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Henry Swanson]
    #28981682 -

I have one as well. They sure do get you on the labels :lol: Gotta go with boring ones to keep it cheap


--------------------
CV+

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: haniblecter]
    #28981777 -

That little thing is sweet! Might need to get one if my work label maker ever goes tits up.



I love that thing. Overkill in the lab perhaps, but it makes nice labels that are waterproof (and hard to remove).


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: KlarnEvil9] * 1
    #28982022 -



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Yum Xak] * 1
    #28982588 -

Yum Xak said:
labbar said:
APE SN second transfer from 4 year old slant




:loveeyes: That made me shiver !




Yeah… that made my agar jelly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MycCycle] * 2
    #28983105 -

Hi All, noob to mushies here. I have a couple of question about some agar plates I have going. If I could get some feed back that would be awesome! This fist plate is golden teacher and to me it looks like a decent plate but I really don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

This second plate is from a spore syringe that my son had in his fridge. It was tagged Blue Meanies. It looks really fluffy to me and I'm just curios if that would be normal for these. And maybe an idea of what part to isolate when I transfer to the next dish.

Thanks


--------------------
Warning: Noob mycologists in training!  I'm still learning the ropes (and the gills, and the stipes). If I get something wrong, please spore me the embarrassment and gently correct me. I'm a slow learner, I'll do it wrong once every time... eventually, I'll get it right!


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MohawkKen]
    #28983127 -

Nice first post. :smile:

First plate looks good to me. What is the culture's origin (multispore or clone)? They're a little easier to read when the whole plate has similar morphology, so I'd be inclined to transfer a piece of the really rhizomorphic/ropey growth (anywhere from the edge), and a piece of the less rhizo growth (e.g around 12:30), to separate plates. I would feel comfortable sending some of that plate to grain, if that's where you're headed. (Others may have a different opinion based on the two different growth types on that plate. But the non-ropey growth still looks like cubensis to my eye, and I just figure you can just clone a mushroom that has the characteristics you like instead of worrying too much about isolation at this stage.)

For the second plate, just make a few new plates from small samples of various colonies. The transfers should look a little more uniform. Choose the ones that grow most vigorously for the next transfer or for sending to grain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Phaethon]
    #28983246 -

The GT is second transfer from a grain bag I did with a LC syringe from ITW. The tote is just now coming through the casing but no pins yet. I really boofed that one up hahaha story in its self. I will probably try to clone from the best of the bin when it fruits. I have few second transfer plates from that first plate but that plate looks the best of the other 4.

I have a Maine Cap and Stem G2 lion's mane bag I'm moving to substrate bags today and will be agar plating from that today.

Should I give the Meanies a few more days then transfer or would today/tomorrow when I do the lions mane be fine?

Thanks for the help!!


--------------------
Warning: Noob mycologists in training!  I'm still learning the ropes (and the gills, and the stipes). If I get something wrong, please spore me the embarrassment and gently correct me. I'm a slow learner, I'll do it wrong once every time... eventually, I'll get it right!


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MohawkKen] * 2
    #28988280 -




Pic 1&2 - T3 transfer from MS. Im not in love with the way it looks. The fuzziness and underlying discoloration of the agar has me concerned.




Pic 3&4- Plin to agar. Again, fuzziness has me concerned. Took me a long while to get the damn thing off my scalpel, so I wasn't too happy with how long I had the plate open. Not sure if tomentose growth or if I've got a moldy hitchhiker.



Pic 5 - PEU transfer from a brf puck. Everything went well, but this one looks fuzzy too. Im not sure if I'm just not tuned into tomentose growth, paranoid, or if these are carrying mold. My primary contaminate has been a white, myc like mold, so it's been a bit shakey trying to tell the difference.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: sorry for shit format - I'm on mobile and thought it would look more organized orienting pics to the left, but uh...turns out that was not the case.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Edited by ThurmanMurman (10/16/24 03:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 2
    #28988534 -

Getting better… at least some of them, right?





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MycCycle] * 1
    #28988736 -

Looking good, practice makes perfect


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28988754 -

ThurmanMurman said:



Pic 1&2 - T3 transfer from MS. Im not in love with the way it looks. The fuzziness and underlying discoloration of the agar has me concerned.




Pic 3&4- Plin to agar. Again, fuzziness has me concerned. Took me a long while to get the damn thing off my scalpel, so I wasn't too happy with how long I had the plate open. Not sure if tomentose growth or if I've got a moldy hitchhiker.



Pic 5 - PEU transfer from a brf puck. Everything went well, but this one looks fuzzy too. Im not sure if I'm just not tuned into tomentose growth, paranoid, or if these are carrying mold. My primary contaminate has been a white, myc like mold, so it's been a bit shakey trying to tell the difference.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: sorry for shit format - I'm on mobile and thought it would look more organized orienting pics to the left, but uh...turns out that was not the case.




I think pic 1&2 looks great imo!

3&4 might have some mold in areas between the sectors of your more rhizo growth. But i think you can transfer away from it if you get it quick.





Your last pics look good to go as well. A lot of my plates are a lil more tomentose but so far all is well. My most rhizo strain is the one thats not fruiting well actually. So imo tomentose isn't a concern.

Good work on the transfers man. You'll have some spiffy clean cultures to run!


Also discoloration is totally normal. The myc eats food coloring byt its definitely freaky.
I have been trying black plates made with charcoal lately and its been fun. They dont seem to discolor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mishro]
    #28988796 -

Thanks for the feedback. I couldn't tell if the discoloration was just food coloring be absorbed or if there was some nastiness riding with it. I absolutely butchered the plin and the agar while trying to get it off the scalpel, so I wasn't sure if that was mold or plin shrapnel growing from multiple points. Ill see if I can clean it up, but I've got 5 other plins to transfer too. Appreciate ya, amigo.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MohawkKen]
    #28988889 -

All spores do that. The mush is having sex and combining close to the inoculation point. Separate it out now and you'll eventually isolate down and have more ropey/rhibo looking samples (but thats also genetics)


--------------------
Laminar Breeze

Filter: 24x24x5.875 Koch
Pre: Dupont Ultimate 9600 14x20x1
Blower: 1TDT2

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MycCycle] * 1
    #28988891 -

From MycCycle's post:


Nice cabin! Id have a fire and cook a weeny there

Edited by haniblecter (10/17/24 04:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: haniblecter]
    #28989003 -

haniblecter said:
From MycCycle's post:


Nice cabin! Id have a fire and cook a weeny there




Thanks man!
Only drawback is the missing fireplace. The size of it makes it a bit cold this time of the year 😁

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MycCycle] * 2
    #28989652 -




Whatever is growing on this dish is ugly but cool in a weird kinda way.


--------------------
Warning: Noob mycologists in training!  I'm still learning the ropes (and the gills, and the stipes). If I get something wrong, please spore me the embarrassment and gently correct me. I'm a slow learner, I'll do it wrong once every time... eventually, I'll get it right!


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MohawkKen] * 3
    #28989653 -

Pin mold????


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MohawkKen]
    #28989654 -

I think your pin mold has pin mold.

Pretty though.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #28989657 -

Was supposed to be a GT plate lol. I think I'll watch it grow for a couple of days then toss it


--------------------
Warning: Noob mycologists in training!  I'm still learning the ropes (and the gills, and the stipes). If I get something wrong, please spore me the embarrassment and gently correct me. I'm a slow learner, I'll do it wrong once every time... eventually, I'll get it right!


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1331 | 1332 | 1333 | 1334 | 1335 | 1336 | 1337 | 1338 | 1339 | 1340 | 1341 | 1342 | 1343 | 1344 | 1345 | 1346 | 1347 | 1348 | 1349 | 1350 | 1351 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 74 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 79 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,394 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,010 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,706 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,756 topic views. 11 members, 161 guests and 155 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.05 seconds spending 0.025 seconds on 16 queries.