Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2085 | 2086 | 2087 | 2088 | 2089 | 2090 | 2091 | 2092 | 2093 | 2094 | 2095 | 2096 | 2097 | 2098 | 2099 | 2100 | 2101 | 2102 | 2103 | 2104 | 2105 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ansr] * 1
    #28941160 -

LC will work 100% better than a spore syringe on anything assuming it’s clean.


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Wall.E]
    #28941165 -

Does the color of the caps effect potency?

3rd flush of golden teachers is up now but the first 2 flushes the caps were a very dark brown but this last flush they're actually closer to a golden color.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: novelattempt] * 5
    #28941167 -

Yes, you want them to be the 6th shade of orange on the rgb scale.

That will ensure max potency.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Wall.E]
    #28941168 -

Wall.E said:
LC will work 100% better than a spore syringe on anything assuming it’s clean.



Nice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ansr]
    #28941178 -


How are we looking? This is my first grow and it’s in an AIO Bag.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Dad_Shroomer]
    #28941182 -

Dad_Shroomer said:

How are we looking? This is my first grow and it’s in an AIO Bag.



Looks good to me, I've never had myc be that uniformly white. Admittedly I have an under .500 average success rate with grow bags

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers *DELETED* [Re: ansr]
    #28941191 -

Post deleted by Ben Phartin

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Dad_Shroomer]
    #28941192 -

Post deleted by Ben Phartin

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Ben Phartin] * 1
    #28941193 -

Ben Phartin said:
Just soaked milo for 24hrs. Should I just dry it out or give it a 5-10 minute simmer?

Never soaked for this long, straight into the bags or dry em out?



I would cut a few open to see how hydrated they look. If they are well hydrated all the way through I let the surface dry more, if they still have dry spots in the centers I leave them more wet when I load jars so they can finish in the PC.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Ben Phartin]
    #28941194 -

Some of my tubs have gotten some insects in them - I have houseplants all of my house, so I suspect that's where they originated from. When I asked previously, it was pointed out that those small little fruit-fly-looking things were not harmful or causing issues for my tubs, however they're just annoying and I'd rather not have them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BX1HKI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

This is what I use to treat my houseplants, but I see that this is not intended for use on edible plants. Any suggestions on how to treat my tubs to get rid of the insects?

Thanks!


--------------------
Let us begin living again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: FamiliarFinding384] * 1
    #28941205 -

FamiliarFinding384 said:
Some of my tubs have gotten some insects in them - I have houseplants all of my house, so I suspect that's where they originated from. When I asked previously, it was pointed out that those small little fruit-fly-looking things were not harmful or causing issues for my tubs, however they're just annoying and I'd rather not have them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BX1HKI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

This is what I use to treat my houseplants, but I see that this is not intended for use on edible plants. Any suggestions on how to treat my tubs to get rid of the insects?

Thanks!



I'm not familiar with that product, most advise using BTI mosquito bits.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0001AUF8G


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 1
    #28941233 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
I think it’s your preparation method. It’s not the grain.



Oh I mean yeah I wasn't trying to blame the seeds here (although it wasn't the typical blend I see recommended here), it's definitely a me issue.

ThurmanMurman said:
Don't give up, amigo. Im going through a similar issue with the struggle to get agar to grain without shittin the bed. Just dont give up. Pay attention to what you're doing, make notes, analyze after you did your work, but dont give up. You wanna look at your PF cakes for the rest of your life and think "I couldn't run with the big dogs"? Fuck that, dude. Keep running cakes, but keep plugging the holes in your grain game. It's a hobby, but it's definitely a challenging one. I think my gf is starting to think I'm special ed or some shit bc I keep going back for more with very few mushrooms to show for it, but thats what you gotta do. If this was easy, everybody would be doing it. Keep your head, regroup, and fuck it right in the mouth next time. You got it.



Don't worry, I don't give up easily and I just so happen to be really enjoying myself in the process :smile: I'm not much of a min/maxer, long as I have a few grams for me and my friends to eat I'm happy.




Seriously_trippin said:
I know this was already answered but it's so incredibly bacterial it's actually a little fascinating. Like he said bacterial AF it's like it's own ecosystem in there

I'm sorry it got contamed tho. Definitely examine your procedure. Something I almost overlook is having still air in the house ie turning off fans and ac. The small thing make big differences



I'll keep that in mind about the a/c.. I've honestly been avoiding doing that because it's been unbearably hot and humid around me but the weather has been changing.
My process was fooman prep with a 45 minute dry in a strainer (the grains in the middle were definitely still wet, gonna order some brew bags or something for next time), 90 min pc at 15psi, then tried the tiger drop with my agar culture (admittedly way too slow and clunky with this part, shit didn't wanna come out of the petri), and a break and shake after a week or so.
Whenever I get another bag of grains, I'm gonna try out a 24 hour soak rather than boiling.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: catnip40] * 1
    #28941258 -

catnip40 said:
spawn like you would indoors with coir but outdoors you can just spawn into like soil,mulch,coir a mix of all of those straw ect

i like growing cubes outdoors in mulch :mushroom2:








Awesome!!! Now that's what I'm talking about.  Thanks for the advice. 
Somtimes I just wanna get outta the lab setting and super sterilized environment and back into nature.

I've only been doing this for a couple months and my thought process is consumed with mycology on a daily basis. More like on an hourly  basis lol.  This hobby takes over every aspect of life it seems.and...I love it!  It's crazy.    It's actually really fun and rewarding.  Even when you fail. You get better. Def don't give up!
Growing  mushrooms and studying mycology and being  part of this community Makes life beautiful.  It Helps me in so many ways.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: NotWimbo] * 1
    #28941339 -

I'd also recommend adding at least 30 minutes to your PC time - 90 minutes for quart jars is borderline and "more is more" when it comes to sterilization.

Millet (usually the primary component in WBS) can usually be loaded a bit damp and it will absorb the extra water. Especially if you don't boil, you'll want them a bit damp IMO.

But ensuring still air is probably going to be your biggest help - hopefully that's easier in the non-summer months.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Phaethon]
    #28941382 -



Howdy fam,

Woke up to see this guy. I recognize it’s result of faulty spawn

My question — there’s a bunch of tubs in the same room, and was about to introduce some more.

Would they be safe in that space, or should I move all the tubs somewhere else?

I did my research and see some of the trusted peeps mention healthy tubs fruiting right next to nastys without issues but also see some conflicting answers.

What’s the move here peeps? Thank you in advance


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: longstrangetrip8] * 1
    #28941414 -

IDK, Derrayld always says triched out tubs won't affect healthy tubs.  I tend to be more paranoid.  I'm also not sure if contams other than trich are more risky for your other tubs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kinoko314] * 1
    #28941429 -

It doesn't look like theres any fruits or pins on that tub to try to save so whats the point in keeping it around?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710] * 1
    #28941438 -

bury it outside

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710] * 1
    #28941440 -

PBJ710 said:
It doesn't look like theres any fruits or pins on that tub to try to save so whats the point in keeping it around?




Oh, I removed it putside right away. Not worried about that tub, considering it dunzo

just paranoid the green will transfer its way to the other healthy tubs in the room

Is that trich or something else?

Thanks once again to everyone for the input


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: longstrangetrip8] * 1
    #28941443 -

Any contaminate that sporulates.  But, also, tiny fragments of the contaminant mycelium can also break off and become airborne.  As an extra measure to sanitation, if you so desire, you can wipe the walls down with a soapy water solution between grows.


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2085 | 2086 | 2087 | 2088 | 2089 | 2090 | 2091 | 2092 | 2093 | 2094 | 2095 | 2096 | 2097 | 2098 | 2099 | 2100 | 2101 | 2102 | 2103 | 2104 | 2105 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,159,003 topic views. 14 members, 125 guests and 165 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.073 seconds spending 0.047 seconds on 18 queries.