Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Oyster Shell, Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
casings... 3 weeks now... FRUIT DAMNIT!!!
    #2893455 - 07/15/04 03:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I know, I know... patience is what i need to do this. I have a few casings that i made with Ryche Hawk's 50/50 verm/peat/crushed oyster shell/lime mixture. There is a 1/2" on the bottom, and hten about an inch (1 qt.) of colonized rye berries, and then a 1" casing on the top. The strain is Mazatapec (which I know usually takes longer to colonize/fruit)

Heres my deal....

Ive had the casings in a fruiting chamber for about 3 weeks now. A couple days ago i cold shocked em for about 24 hours or so. They're now back in the fruiting chamber. Now it seems some have stopped colonization of the casing.... finally... but thers one thats still growing, and LOOKS like its about to pin, but I don't know. I've now put a blacklight along side of the fruiting chamber to hopefully initiate pinning even faster (I've heard that blacklights work on the shroomery... never tried it tho)

Sorry for the long bullshit nonsense... but seriously what the fuck. Does anybody else have any pointers as to what else i could possibly do? I fan about 3 times a day and mist very very occasionally and lightly when i do... maybe every 4 days if that. Any other pointers would be helpful because these fuckers need to fruit soon.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Edge]
    #2893471 - 07/15/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: casings... 3 weeks now... FRUIT DAMNIT!!! [Re: Citric]
    #2893505 - 07/15/04 03:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yea i know its a tad thick, but it colonized fine, its just getting the fucking thing to fruit at this point. The only reason i made it 1" was because of a few chapters i read online of this book about it, and i figured why not go for an inch even tho the teks here say thats real thick .

But again, the problems getting these assholes to fruit.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: casings... 3 weeks now... FRUIT DAMNIT!!! [Re: Edge]
    #2893531 - 07/15/04 03:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of light are they getting?, what temps? how much light?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: casings... 3 weeks now... FRUIT DAMNIT!!! [Re: Magash]
    #2893649 - 07/15/04 04:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

They're getting indirect sunlight comming in from a window. In the past this has always been plenty for cakes. Temperature is room temperature probably around 75-80 degrees.... which again I've never had a problem with. I dont really ahve a souped up fruiting chamber... just a rubbermaid bin with pearlite. Again though, I've never really had this problem before, and i would just always kinda wing it with temps/humidity when it came to fruiting.

Any pointers Magash, and you're my hero.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: casings... 3 weeks now... FRUIT DAMNIT!!! [Re: Edge]
    #2893840 - 07/15/04 05:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Edge said:
But again, the problems getting these assholes to fruit.

come on...respect the fungus a little bit. i know its frustrating but it should pin soon. afoaf's casings were way too wet and myc stopped colonizing the surface and even died when put into the fruiting chamber. after about 1.5 weeks afoaf put them in another container to lower humidity and cracked it w/ a shirt over the crack to try to let some of the moisture out of the casing. it has sit there for almost a week and has apparently been the remedy afoaf was looking for because earlier today afoaf went to try to fruit the casings as cakes (pull out of the casing container and plop in the terrarium) because of the desperation afoaf noticed some pins forming!! its all about patience...it'll happen when you least expect it! good luck

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Oyster Shell, Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation