Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegusb232

Loc: pm me
casing not fruiting
    #428465 - 10/17/01 01:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

about 3-4 weeks ago a rye bag from ryche w/ tai koh samui fully colonized was cased in a 9x5x4 serlite container. and it has not produceda ny fruits and has seemed to have just stopped colonizing the top casing layer (or it is colonizing very slowly.) The casing procedure was a bit unorthodox, but i dont see why it would not work.
firsta thin layer of moist coco fiber wa placed on bottom then about one third of the rye bag was crumbled on top then a few handfulls of DB compost was layed on top and worked in slightly. then another layer of Db was put on and sprayed with a syringe of myclieal water, followed but the last two third of the rye bag which was slighly mixed in with the DB, finally a top thin layer of coco was put on top.
What could be wrong.?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegusb232

Re: casing not fruiting [Re: gusb232]
    #429290 - 10/18/01 11:02 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Spoke too soon, (Still cant belive no one has answered this.) A few days ago I took a core sample of sorts of the casing to see if maybe ther was contamination in the center, but ithe mycylieal grow was very strong, only noticed that .
it was a bit dry. so i filled hole with wet verm. and yesterday dozens of tiny pins appeared. A soon as i realized what i was looking at i jumped up and danced a jig. im very exited. i do noticed a some contams also beging to show on the coco but wow still exited.

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
Re: casing not fruiting [Re: gusb232]
    #430271 - 10/19/01 06:49 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

There are several posts similar to this floating around. The idea behind casing is to have a non-nutritious medium for the mycelia to use as strucutral support and moisture/humidity uptake. That's why coco or vermiculite or peat are best. They're mostly inert, amd highly selective when kept from too much wetness.

Placing a layer of dung, BRF, bird seed, or whatever, sterilized or not, on top of the colonized substrate will become contaminated.

I know people want to give the mycelia a boost of nutrients before they hit the casing, but if you started with a good substrate, this should not be an issue at all.

If you want to stretch the mycelia a bit, take a chunk and spawn a bag of pasteurized dung or compost.

The fact that you saw contaminanats in your casing (depending on the intruder) most likely indicates the contaminant has run through your substrate.

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Offlinegusb232

Re: casing not fruiting [Re: Insomnia]
    #430516 - 10/19/01 01:34 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

For some reason i get the feeling the comtans (which seem to be trich. and cobweb) are localized on top (mostly coco coir). The main green spot is at the boundery of the hole where i filled with wet verm, which i reget not adding peroxide to. But does not seen too matter for the pins the are showing up through and around the contams., but thanks for responding,
i could not have got this far with out the shroomery and the members of these forums.
thank you everyone

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale