Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleplaastikbob
Stranger

casing and pinning
    #421902 - 10/11/01 11:36 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

In most pictures of casings, I notice that the fruits grow right out of the casing layer...I don't see any traces of the mycelium layer underneath. I cased about a week and a half ago and I can't seem to get any pinning. I put it in the fridge twice and still nothing. now my mycelium is almost totally covering the casing layer. Should I just let it totally cover it and then wait for pinning or is this a bad idea.

--------------------
Any posts by this user is for information only. At no time has this user attempted to grow mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: casing and pinning [Re: plaastikbob]
    #421917 - 10/11/01 11:44 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

If the mycellium does not slow down once it has colonized like 80% of the top layer and u are getting overlay. You can try to initiate pinning with a cold shock. But i would just sit the fruiting container outside for a bit.

-baraka

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineCubensisMage
Stranger
    #421921 - 10/11/01 11:44 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i dont want you to think im an expert, i most certainly am not, but i have faced similiar problems and can give you my experience. Ive only had 1 casing pin + fruit, out of 7 ive made so far, all other either succumb to contamination or overgrowth. To prevent overgrowth, which it seems you have, try reducing CO2 levels (airing it out) and lower the humidity. Read Apprentice casing Tek on this site it helps. Also study and learn about rhizomorphic growth, this is almost a sure sign of an oncoming flush.
the one casing of mine that has been flushing, rather nicely at that, was made with compost substrate innoculated with bird seed. the casing soil is 50/50 verm/peetmoss. My first flush produced only 1 mushroom (1 huge 1 at that) and it took over a month after i cased it. close to 2 months, though from what ive read this is not normal. ive had 2 flushes off the same casing since then. after i recased it first time i had strong rhizomorphic growth, and about 3 weeks after i cased it pins appeard. i had 12 pins pop, but all but 3 aborted. the 3 that did grow were nice.
Well hope this helps any good luck. i find the best source of info to be the internet and my local library, containing many mycologist books.
and one more thing, if its contaminated AT ALL throw it out. no need to test poisoning yourself just so you can get high

OfflineCubensisMage
Stranger
    #421925 - 10/11/01 11:47 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

one more thing STICK with it. even if this casing doesnt turn out, if you stick with it and keep producing eventually you will have mushrooms. my first 5 or 6 casings didnt turn out, its a learning experience more than anyhting when you first start, but the reward is most definitely worth it.
just dint want to see one more person give up
Overgrow the government

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds