Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Casing not fruiting?
    #10447 - 03/31/00 05:12 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds to me as if you have over humidified your casing. The growth of mycelium you have is known as overlay, which is a side-effect of over humidifying. Actually casing's donot need as much misting as cakes do. That is the whole job description that the casing layer serves on the chopped cakes: to keep the chopped cakes moist. It, it's self needs very little misting until after every flush. Until then if you see moisture( doesnt have to be a river of water) on the sides of your growing chamber. The best advise I could give at this point is to scrape the casing layer off with a fork as much as possible and recase with dry vermiculite. Mabe it will fruit. The last time I had overlay, that tray never did fruit. Oh' one other thing. If your spores didnot "have sex", then all you will get is white growth and no fruiting. A good way to know if they mated or not is to look at the jar for ropy strands of growth this is a good sign that the spores did mate and you may just as earlier noted have over misted.

"IT's two in the morning.....Do you know where your flashlite and paper bag are?"

Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

#10449 - 04/01/00 08:31 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

you may want to try cold shocking. I've seen it done at 60F for 38-40hrs.
good luck!!

If your not living on the edge....Then your taking up to much space.

old hand
    #10450 - 04/01/00 11:09 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I would also vote for cold shocking. Put tin foil over the container and put if frig for a day (or even 12 hours or so)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation