Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Casing TEK [Re: Hippie3]
    #336837 - 06/07/01 06:41 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

You did grind the cakes? And it worked? Hmm..

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Casing TEK [Re: Bullfrog]
    #337173 - 06/07/01 04:34 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Bullfrog - I am aware that verm is very less likely to contaminate then a 50/50 mix - but i was wondering if doing pottingsoil/verm would provide more nutrients for the shrooms which may cause them to fruit larger/better/etc... any basis to my hypothesis?  :smile:<br><br>        ?        ?  ? -????? O ?????-? ?  ?        ?
<br>      Weed Legalization Freedom Fighter
<br>        ?        ?  ? -????? O ?????-? ?  ?        ?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineshizifty
enthusiast
Loc: tdot
Re: Casing TEK [Re: BrownPastures]
    #337220 - 06/07/01 05:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

ack you aggravate me BP! may all your brown pastures turn greeeeeen!
In reply to:

(now i'm talking about whole grain cakes not PF cakes)

applejack do you have a whole grain cake there or a brf cake? feh limited...

----------------------------------------------------------
its him from the shroomery male model see him next on the microphone or freestylin on the bmx

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
creatures of the forest sing along with my chorus

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: Casing TEK [Re: shizifty]
    #337445 - 06/07/01 10:27 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i agree man
i don't like to start shit with anyone, and i am not going to, but i don't like brownnose quoting part of my message as an example of stupidity or whatever the fuck he said

shizifty is right! cake for cake, larger surface area will give a bigger overall yield. it is simple fucking common sense!!! more shrooms will grow from a ig flat pan than a fucking long cylindrical tube of the same volume now won't they?

i accept your views bn but just lay off paying out other ppl. if u weren't so fucking defensive urself (that which u accuse others of) i would probably even classify ur info as "useful"
so chill fuckstick...

I am a compulsive liar:wink:
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing
http://www.lilshopofspores.com
http://www.shaman-australis.com/shroom

--------------------
I am a compulsive liar :wink:

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Casing TEK [Re: auto59009]
    #337601 - 06/08/01 04:10 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

There is nothing to "start" or "finish" . I think your aggrivation comes from the fact that i'm right and you are only partialy right. That's okay because i'm always happy to steer people onto the right path.

"

shizifty is right! cake for cake, larger surface area will give a bigger overall yield. it is simple
                  fucking common sense!!! more shrooms will grow from a ig flat pan than a fucking long cylindrical
                  tube of the same volume now won't they? "

hello??? it's really sad that "your common sense" has nothing to do with comon sense at all. I find it very hard to believe, and infact i KNOW, that A CAKE, will produce OVER TIME, the same ammount of fruit WEIGHT as the same cake CASED. TRUE, casing provide "bigger" flushes with more NUMBERS of fruits.Also, the casing FRUITS ALL AT ONCE (if done correctly). BUT, the most important point is that,people who dont really know how to grow cakes yet try casing and tell every body that it YEILDS more. When in REALITY casings are just EASIER to take care of , and easier to bring to "maximum" fruiting proportions. While cakes on the other hand are a little trickier. Take it from someone who knows people who used to grow ONLY PF style cakes since the early 80's.

And if you poor fools are still confused here's the laymans version:

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You can't make energy out of thin air, you can't be superman just by wearing the friggin underwear! If one has a certain ammount of substrate , why would you expect to get more fruit just by crumbling it and surrounding it in a NON-NUTRITIOUS supstrate??? does vermiculite have some magical properties i don't know about yet??? i dont think so.... basicly, you make no sense . Oh and pardon me for sticking up for the truth, oh wait you think it's being defensive. I guess you never bothered LOOKING that one up either. Or as in the case of casing-your probably not experienced in using the word:).Don't get it twisted i'm not trying to fight or "play anyone out" . The reason you got "played out" is cause you were "playing yourself" i just helped you along. I truly feel sorry for you if you keep a grudge because i pointed out your mistakes. If some one has some TRUTHFUL and FACTUAL problems with my posts, i think i would get reply's about my false information all the time- from people who actualy know what their talking about. 

peace

oh and my Brown Pastures only turn Green during the summer when i'm dealing with the old wife mary....

p.s. if you want me to "leave you alone" -  stop posting bullshit

"like a Japanese Cowboy or a blind man on skates"-Ween
Drool Donkey Island

Edited by BrownPastures on 06/08/01 06:29 AM.

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
    #337605 - 06/08/01 04:24 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

there is plenty to start brownie :smile: like this petty arguement u started right here for example... i have no aggravation, just like to yank your chain.

yes, you are correct and simultaneously a fuckwit. any idiot who has gone thru half of high school will know about the law of conservation of energy. so lets look at this from a different angle. i don't know about you, but i certainly have no commercial setup. as a result of a simple home setup i am sure many ppl get casing contamination, judging from the fact that there a many threads dedicated to this plus a whole new forum! so one enemy here is time (indirectly mr fucking technical :smile:. lots of ppl involved in this hobby do not want to wait months for a cylinder of substrate to fruit til it is spent... and many ppl case with 50/50, cockspank, which does contain nutrients (useful to both carpophores AND contamination).

and you may be pointing out the truth, so thank you. but i hold a grudge coz you acted like a lame fucker about it. remember quoting my post as an example of the sort of ppl who you disliked...

--------------------

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

#337606 - 06/08/01 04:32 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

how could i be a half-wit when you just agreed with me ??? looks like you need to go back to highschool... the only thing petty around here is your understanding of the mushroom .... i dont remember what post yoru talking about me saying this is exactly the type of people i hate .... this was the only one i could find... andif you ARE talking about this quote... i would say i'm right again and your just confused. here's the post if you want to take a look hot-shot....

----------------------------------
Poster: auto59009
Subject: Re: Enhancing a casing?

i am experimentally certain that fruit mass is highly dependent on surface area more than volume...

...and thus concludes my dream. interpretations anyone?"

so basicly your saying is that you'll have more massive fruits in a 12x4" casing with a 1 inch
colonized substrate than 3 inch colonized substrate in the same size pan.... looks like you need to
go back to the lab and do some more experiments... this is a great example of what i'm talking
about people...

Drool Donkey Island
------------------------------------------

keep playing yourself out!! please ... this if so much fun! and EASY to ....

Drool Donkey Island

Edited by BrownPastures on 06/08/01 06:45 AM.

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
    #337608 - 06/08/01 04:46 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

you can be a half wit and be correct once every now and again. i am judging you purely on your attitude towards knowledge, and from that you seem like a fuckwit. which is different to a half-wit anyway.. wtf u talking about?!

i don't intend to go back to highschool. i am perpetually learning about the mushroom. i offer my opinion that is all. most ppl seem to manage by either accepting or ignoring it, but u seem to have some compulsive need to take it fucking head on! haha LOL stubborn brownshitstain. i suppose i must concede defeat aout my admittedly incomplete knowledge when i am dealing with a supreme god like entity such as yourself, who is so complete in his understanding of the universe that to contradict him would draw uparallelled wrath!!! haha LOL get off your high horse man, just chill, don't pay out other ppl. that is strictly different to correcting (looks like u don't understand the mushrooms my friend)

anyway, i am bored with you. you bore me. so i will not respond to your post again. if you feel the need to drag flame the fuck out of my invented shroomery nick which has no ego of its own then feel free to. i can't be fucked wasting time with urs.

hope when u give up we can chat some time :smile:
later

--------------------

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
    #337610 - 06/08/01 04:52 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

oh just for the record... you didn't include the post that preceded that one u just pasted. remember the one where you talk about how newbies do this and that (had negative connotations.. im not gonna bother looking for it, u can waste time doin that...) generally that certain "newbie" posts piss you off, then my post as an example of what you were talking about... the ppl u were talking about... seems like u could have just corrected whatever you disagreed with rather than make an example of me?

--------------------

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

#337611 - 06/08/01 04:57 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm glad you finaly came to your senses. You can ask me anything any time ...i'll be glad to answer your questions cause i like to help people. Yes, it's true :smile: i am all knowing! But there are still things that i dont know,and things i will never know. The only reason this went so far is because your so hard headed. So, ok, maybe i was having a bad day and i vented on your little post, SUE ME. But dont tell me i'm WRONG.. Because i'll be the first one to admit i'm wrong if it is true that i am. Oh... and mushrooms - just like clothes- DO NOT make the man. and i like those witty little names you call me their so funny , i think i might use one in my quote but i haven't decided wich one yet. oh about that post with the "newbie" thing ... i'm sorry you felt singled out.... it was directed toward all people who post questions that make me wonder if they even bothered to read the PF tek more than 1ce... i'm sorry if i value my knowledge. I haven't seen any replys from moderators or people who actualy post informative advice concurring with the point of view i made in that post. Which makes me think 2 things, they either dont want to agree with me because they feel that their point of view should be hidden away or they feel i have said exactly what they feel and they dont have the need to add anything more...oh ... i'm done...

Drool Donkey Island

Edited by BrownPastures on 06/08/01 07:09 AM.

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
    #337615 - 06/08/01 05:13 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i am glad u like those words, if u want some more i have em, just let us know.:)

...slutguts hehe :smile:

see ya round...

Edited by auto59009 on 06/08/01 07:15 AM.

--------------------

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

#337620 - 06/08/01 05:38 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Perfect! thanks :wink:

"slutguts" - auto59009
Drool Donkey Island

OfflineNagual
enthusiast

Loc: nyc, USA
    #337664 - 06/08/01 07:30 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like maybe someone is sensitive about a small wee-wee? Hence the unnecessarily offensive super-venomosity? If wisdom isn't making you kinder chances are it's just an over-inflated ego-trip, scared and callous.

"A psychedelic person is not willing to be a good citizen, or a good anything that is defined by someone else; I mean a shaman is a true anarchist."o0OTerrence McKennaO0o

--------------------
.....___^___
....(_______)
........|...|Free
...__ /.../..Spore
...|___ / .....Ring

OfflineRaist14
Stranger
    #337666 - 06/08/01 07:30 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I would just say that in a controlled experiment crumbling the cakes should produce more on average. I believe that would hold up in most cases. I wouldn't want to argue about it. I'm just saying try it and find out.

The above statement is an act of fiction from the dreamworld.

--------------------

OfflineRaist14
Stranger
    #337667 - 06/08/01 07:35 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I am just someone that has been lurking around here for years. A faithful ally to Teotanactl and avid reader of stamets and Mckenna. If you were asking me who I am then that's a decent answer.

--------------------

OfflineRaist14
Stranger
Re: Casing TEK [Re: Raist14]
    #337674 - 06/08/01 07:46 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

There sure is a lot of animosity here for people who should be journeying with the mushroom. I would think that would promote peace instead of all this arguing all the time. I have no idea how someone could say growing straight from cakes produces the same amount as a proper casing. I also don't know how someone could say it's easier to case then grow from a cake. Perhaps I am living in another dimension where the rules are different.

--------------------

OfflineNagual
enthusiast

Loc: nyc, USA
Re: Casing TEK [Re: Raist14]
    #337781 - 06/08/01 11:25 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

This website is fantastic. And riiight!? It's easy to expect an urban shaman to be more than less compassionately conscious, but at the same time you CAN'T judge, compare, or label at risk of losing the ability to see and accept the me, the you, the him and the her, the them and the us as it truly is.
It seems like casing is closer to the way mushrooms grow in nature than cakes; I guess i'll find out for myself soon enough which techniqes work out best. And Raist iv'e never seen the elusive Universal Rulebook, expectations make us complacent and unforgiving.There's always room for fresh perspectives!

"A psychedelic person is not willing to be a good citizen, or a good anything that is defined by someone else; I mean a shaman is a true anarchist."o0OTerrence McKennaO0o

--------------------
.....___^___
....(_______)
........|...|Free
...__ /.../..Spore
...|___ / .....Ring

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix