Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Casing to fruiting questions (**UPDATE**pics) [Re: MAIA]
    #390501 - 09/10/01 05:53 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of contaminant did you originally have, before peroxide was used. Was it at the Jar stage or after laying out in tray? Was that a multispore inoculation into jars via syringe. How many jars were layed out in that tray? Was the mycelium ever healthy looking? Did it always have a wispy appearance? When it was colonizing did it have cottony sections in the jars?
After looking at those pictures all I can do is ask questions!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Casing to fruiting questions (**UPDATE**pics) [Re: ]
    #390844 - 09/10/01 11:06 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Good questions, should solve this riddle

-------------------
Visit www.fungifun.org formerly kickme.to/mushrooms

Be very, very careful what you put into that head,
because you will never, ever get it out.

Thomas Cardinal Wolsey (1471-1530)

InvisibleNDK
Re: Casing to fruiting questions (**UPDATE**pics) [Re: Anno]
    #390949 - 09/11/01 02:19 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Can anyone give any links to pictures of casings that are ideal so - for comparison purposes?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Casing to fruiting questions (**UPDATE**pics) [Re: NDK]
    #390959 - 09/11/01 03:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ideally the mycelium shouldn?t colonize the surface of the casing.

-------------------
Visit www.fungifun.org formerly kickme.to/mushrooms

Be very, very careful what you put into that head,
because you will never, ever get it out.

Thomas Cardinal Wolsey (1471-1530)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Casing to fruiting questions (**UPDATE**pics) [Re: NDK]
    #390970 - 09/11/01 04:25 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks everybody for your replies. As for the airpump idea goes, it is allready implemented ;). Sprayed the casing with h2o2 and mycelium is growing back again.

CLuB, i don't have verm or coco coir where i live, so i got to come up with some alternatives, i do have peat, so i had to use it with something holding moisture, that grit just seemed right, the red rock is porous and substitutes verm very nicely, then you got the oister shells that also is used in top layers.

Anno, good question, cubensis mycelium smells earthy and mushie to me (as i never gave attention to its particular smell).

Teonan, the other half had trich, so i dumped it and used perioxide on the good half just to make sure. The contam started to grow when i had the casing covered on its vegetative growth, it stayed too long and had allmost no air exchanged. It was a multispore inoculation into ONE jar via syringe using PF TeK, PC and sterile procedures were followed. The mycelium was allways healthy looking and it did allways had a wispy appearance, it has allways been cottony, even with the new jars a made recently. That's why i think what McMan says could be true, i started looking at some pics of rizos and i had nothing compared to that, just wispy mycelium, every experiment i made with this strain (first and only strain) grows mycelium that way, i think is pure bad luck with the strain, jar colonization time is OK (2 to 3 weeks), but its growth isn't explosive in any way.
I now know i made a mistake when i ordered the strain, i didn't know there were easy strains and dificult strains, but then.... I didn't know about the shroomery.

Peace,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds