Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2024 | 2025 | 2026 | 2027 | 2028 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #28907012 -

ThurmanMurman said:
I was planning to fill the syringe most of the way with LC and then have a small jar of sterile water with a silicone port, then draw up the water. The best I've got right now is to treat the silicone as a one time use and then remove it and reapply. There's probably a better way - honestly, Ive only got 3 grows separating me from being a total noob, and I've never made LC, so this idea is a work in progress for sure.



Sounds like an excellent idea, I'm sure it will work. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: thirdeyewild] * 1
    #28907013 -

The only downside I see is loosing some ability to determine cleanliness/turbidity of your LC, which to be fair is a pretty big downside, but if you use a very clear broth and as clear a syringe you can get I think it’s definitely doable

But yeah, likely will want to suck in some sterile water afterwards, but I’d try it without in case it works and you don’t have to add a pointless step

You definitely can have a jar with a ship but also I’ve seen people use the same little centrifuge containers that are used for slants, I think in ReverendMycs brf puck writeup he shows that. Would definitely be less of a hassle. If you are having to make a new ship every time you poke I think that’d remove the convenience of colonizing the LC in the syringe


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–‹π–šπ–—π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–™ π–Žπ–˜ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–†π–“π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–šπ–•π–”π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–π–”π–šπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π•²π–Žπ–†π–“π–™π–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Tri]
    #28907021 -

Is there a benefit to g2g instead of going straight from agar -> grain -> substrate?


--------------------
buy the ticket , take the ride

here and here are good places to start

:bunnypeace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Tri] * 1
    #28907022 -

Like all LC, you would test a few drops on agar before commiting it to bulk.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: squigglez] * 1
    #28907025 -

squigglez said:
Is there a benefit to g2g instead of going straight from agar -> grain -> substrate?



If you need alot of spawn, it will get you there faster


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Tri] * 1
    #28907044 -

Yeah, I kinda figured reapplying a ship every time was definitely an inefficient way of doing it, but figure Ill see if it works as a concept before putting too much effort into it. Honestly, it kinda started out as a "hold my beer" thought, but now I've got you guys telling me it might actually work, so hell yeah. I dont mind making a ship just to test it out as a concept, but yeah, maybe something like a slant or cryovial. I'm all about the brainstorming, so thanks amigo. I've been working long hours, but I'm gonna get after it as soon as I get freed up a bit.

My foundation for a test run, input more than welcome:

5 10cc syringes filled with broth and PCd

3 agar plates assigned to each syringe

Sterile water - not sure if using 1 jar for all 5 syringes or do 5 jars so that it's all virgin materials, to help reduce failure points if it doesnt go well.

Let the 5 syringes colonize, then inoculate 3 plates with each one. I feel like that should be adequate sample size to make up for any user error, being that I'm def still getting acquainted with SAB work and sterile procedure.

Again, the idea is very much a work in progress, and I'm def a bit above my skill level here, so hopefully I can at least show it'll work when user error is removed.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: thirdeyewild] * 1
    #28907051 -

Oh absolutely. I just laid out the test run I had in mind. Your input is more than welcome. I've never tested a new idea - I'm still working on getting a grip on well established procedures, so fire away if you've got any ideas. Appreciate ya, amigo.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja] * 2
    #28907053 -

LewDoja said:
Smellyhobbit said:
QQ: if you grew some mush on a PF puck in vitro and allowed it to stay a closed system, how long do you think that closed system would have retrievable material? Like it would fruit, return to mycelium, maybe fruit again, but at some point it would go into stasis like a Petri dish, right?




Will let ya know when it stops







--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 2
    #28907058 -

I knew some of you nut balls were torturing your mushrooms. Amazing


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #28907096 -

So 4 out of my 6 jars have been colonized since yesterday at least but the last 2 are taking some time.


My question is are these considered 100% colonized as in 7 more days and they'll be ready?

As you can see both only have a little sliver left and the rest of the jar is colonized 360 degrees

The reason I'm asking is because the first face on pic of a jar is the one I think is now on to it's 7 day period because in the first jar bottom Pic I have there, the bottom looks completely colonized.

And it'd be really convient if I could consider them both colonized and start the clock but I'm aware I may need to be patient with the second one.






--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28907099 -

I'm 90 percent certain this sweating is a sign of contam. :frown: on the iffy one for clarity.the other 5 jars I did a g2g look like the other Jar, 3 of which I've sent to bulk that are doing well, and looked like the second picture :frown: should I toss or try to send to a pan by itself? I usually use 3 to make a tub, the other two *look* ok. What says the community??



--------------------
"Honesty without kindness is brutality, kindness without honesty is manipulation "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Ylunnatic] * 1
    #28907138 -

I sure hope not I have alot of condensation in all my jars right now but more expierenced growers told me it's natural as they get to full colonization and they pointed out there was no weird colors,growths or bad smells coming from it so they gave mine a clean bill of health and there's tons of condensation in all 6 of mine.

I'm green as hell but I don't see anything but mycelium there. I'll be waiting for someone else to weigh in and see what they got to say so I can learn more.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (08/10/24 09:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Ylunnatic] * 2
    #28907154 -

The condensation and uncolonized bits of grains pushed up against the glass probably spell bacteria. I don't really see the "ice cream" look of a badly bacterial jar, though. If it breaks up easily it's probably not too bad.

Might want to spawn that jar separately if the other ones look a lot better. Have a 6 qt shoebox or a 2 gallon Ziploc bag?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Ylunnatic]
    #28907158 -

Seriously_trippin said:
I sure hope not I have alot of condensation in all my jars right now but more expierenced growers told me it's natural as they get to full colonization and they pointed out there was no weird colors,growths or bad smells coming from it so they gave mine a clean bill of health and there's tons of condensation in all 6 of mine.



Yours are pf tek tho, those jars are grain

Ylunnatic said:




Do a shake and watch for swift recovery. Looks suspect but I'd spawn it if it was mine and it recovered :justdontknow:


--------------------
So anyway, uh...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: So Anyway]
    #28907178 -

Good info essentially I was hoping for the best for him and wanted to learn the difference so thank you :smile:


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #28907229 -

what's the best active thread to ask noob breeding questions?

need clarification on some terms as well as a few hypothetical questions on process on results

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: sanzer]
    #28907230 -

Unless you wanna make a new thread.
I’m pretty sure you just found it.:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: sanzer]
    #28907232 -

sanzer said:
what's the best active thread to ask noob breeding questions?

need clarification on some terms as well as a few hypothetical questions on process on results



This place is as good as any... shoot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #28907235 -

In thr meantime thought I'd bump this so it doesn't get lost in the fray. No rush. Just trying to understand if a small spec of subtracted not being colonized doesn't count as 100% colonization essentially. I'm sure the second jar just needs time just the other 4 jars finished 3 days ago and I'm worried about leaving them colonizing for too long.

I think earlier in the thread someone said when you see pinning inside the jar you gotta transfer to fc. But seems like leaving the Jars that colonized first for 3 or 4 more days then the 7 days should be fine I just don't know.


Seriously_trippin said:
So 4 out of my 6 jars have been colonized since yesterday at least but the last 2 are taking some time.


My question is are these considered 100% colonized as in 7 more days and they'll be ready?

As you can see both only have a little sliver left and the rest of the jar is colonized 360 degrees

The reason I'm asking is because the first face on pic of a jar is the one I think is now on to it's 7 day period because in the first jar bottom Pic I have there, the bottom looks completely colonized.

And it'd be really convient if I could consider them both colonized and start the clock but I'm aware I may need to be patient with the second one.









--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (08/11/24 12:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #28907237 -

I have a couple jars like that too.
Nothing lost by letting them cook longer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2024 | 2025 | 2026 | 2027 | 2028 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,841 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,531 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,156,577 topic views. 17 members, 45 guests and 181 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.054 seconds spending 0.032 seconds on 16 queries.