Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2024 | 2025 | 2026 | 2027 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 2
    #28906590 -

i shake mine when they are about quarter size.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Jrey16] * 3
    #28906594 -

Jrey16 said:




Your grains look mad they haven’t been shaken.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #28906605 -

Yea I'll definitely shake them then. Hopefully they forgive me and be happy.
Thanks y'all. For some reason I usually wait a couple more days to shake them.


--------------------


Edited by Jrey16 (08/10/24 01:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Jrey16] * 2
    #28906608 -

Jrey16 said:
Yea I'll definitely shake them then. Hopefully they forgive me.
Thanks y'all. For some reason I wait a couple more days to shake them.



just know you can shake it early on to expedite the process.
good looking spawn so far. you need to shake it to see how it does. it will also clue you in to any issues with bacteria or grain issues.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28906622 -

QQ: if you grew some mush on a PF puck in vitro and allowed it to stay a closed system, how long do you think that closed system would have retrievable material? Like it would fruit, return to mycelium, maybe fruit again, but at some point it would go into stasis like a Petri dish, right?


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 1
    #28906631 -

Smellyhobbit said:
QQ: if you grew some mush on a PF puck in vitro and allowed it to stay a closed system, how long do you think that closed system would have retrievable material? Like it would fruit, return to mycelium, maybe fruit again, but at some point it would go into stasis like a Petri dish, right?



I have some in vitro pinning rn I think smelly I will let you know


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28906634 -

fiddle_head said:
just think, you could even write the definitive tek on it, if you wanted to.




Haha idk if I have the guts to call any of my ideas a tek, but if initial results look promising, I'll absolutely be inviting everyone's input!


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28906645 -



This looks a little weird. Anything to worry about?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: NotWimbo]
    #28906692 -

First time flyer…how we looking? Send it?



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Letsfly24]
    #28906694 -

Is this ape cake just taking his sweet time or am I doing something wrong?

Pf tek with water tubs, it seems like it's drying out and I'm having to mist it more than I think I should be.

Should I give it another dunk to rehydrate since it's taking so long?



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Professor Chaos]
    #28906696 -

Perhaps the tub is too big?
Can you restrict some airflow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28906697 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
Perhaps the tub is too big?
Can you restrict some airflow?



Got 8 cakes in a 66qt tub.

Also have 2 cakes in a 7qt dubtub. That one appears like it might be getting a couple spots of primordia.

I might be giving them too much fae.

I've been debating re dunking them but I'm still an ultra noob so idk if that's a good idea or not since they haven't had their first flush yet.

I have some jack frost that I got going at the same time as these apes and they're on their 3rd flush.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Professor Chaos]
    #28906757 -

Professor Chaos said:
Is this ape cake just taking his sweet time or am I doing something wrong?

Pf tek with water tubs, it seems like it's drying out and I'm having to mist it more than I think I should be.

Should I give it another dunk to rehydrate since it's taking so long?






Ape is notoriously slow but it will pin


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28906764 -

ThurmanMurman said:
fiddle_head said:
just think, you could even write the definitive tek on it, if you wanted to.




Haha idk if I have the guts to call any of my ideas a tek, but if initial results look promising, I'll absolutely be inviting everyone's input!



So I love this idea. It might be hard to draw the sample into the syringe. I suggest having some sterile water on standby in case you need a chaser to get it in there. Keep us posted!


--------------------

Edited by thirdeyewild (08/10/24 04:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 2
    #28906917 -

ThurmanMurman said:
PBJ710 said:
ThurmanMurman said:
Is there any kind of current list of cube varieties that are actually different, like PE and Enigma and such? I haven't been able to come up with anything yet...



Something like this?  Theres probably lots of new named hybrids/isolations since then, but it's a decent start.

Genetic Backgrounds



That will help me get there anyway. Thanks! I just want to start window shopping for a variety that has a different look is all. Appreciate ya!


Also

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 1
    #28906923 -

Smellyhobbit said:
QQ: if you grew some mush on a PF puck in vitro and allowed it to stay a closed system, how long do you think that closed system would have retrievable material? Like it would fruit, return to mycelium, maybe fruit again, but at some point it would go into stasis like a Petri dish, right?




Will let ya know when it stops


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: thirdeyewild]
    #28906968 -

thirdeyewild said:
ThurmanMurman said:
fiddle_head said:
just think, you could even write the definitive tek on it, if you wanted to.




Haha idk if I have the guts to call any of my ideas a tek, but if initial results look promising, I'll absolutely be inviting everyone's input!



So I love this idea. It might be hard to draw the sample into the syringe. I suggest having some sterile water on standby in case you need a chaser to get it in there. Keep us posted!



I was under the impression the josex poke would take a biopsy too small to see with the naked eye. I hope so anyway, otherwise yeah...there could be an issue with that. And yes, I will absolutely let everyone know how it works out.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #28906992 -

LewDoja said:
ThurmanMurman said:
PBJ710 said:
ThurmanMurman said:
Is there any kind of current list of cube varieties that are actually different, like PE and Enigma and such? I haven't been able to come up with anything yet...



Something like this?  Theres probably lots of new named hybrids/isolations since then, but it's a decent start.

Genetic Backgrounds



That will help me get there anyway. Thanks! I just want to start window shopping for a variety that has a different look is all. Appreciate ya!


Also



:whathesaid:

Thats the list I was looking for when I found the other shorter list.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28906999 -

ThurmanMurman said:
thirdeyewild said:
ThurmanMurman said:
fiddle_head said:
just think, you could even write the definitive tek on it, if you wanted to.




Haha idk if I have the guts to call any of my ideas a tek, but if initial results look promising, I'll absolutely be inviting everyone's input!



So I love this idea. It might be hard to draw the sample into the syringe. I suggest having some sterile water on standby in case you need a chaser to get it in there. Keep us posted!



I was under the impression the josex poke would take a biopsy too small to see with the naked eye. I hope so anyway, otherwise yeah...there could be an issue with that. And yes, I will absolutely let everyone know how it works out.



Just thinking if you have a few cells in the tip. When you pull the plunger the air might just draw past it. You might need some liquid to flush the cells up. I don't know if this will actually be the case. It might also be better to draw in sterile water than air (unless you use a flowhood).  Just spitballing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: thirdeyewild]
    #28907005 -

I was planning to fill the syringe most of the way with LC and then have a small jar of sterile water with a silicone port, then draw up the water. The best I've got right now is to treat the silicone as a one time use and then remove it and reapply. There's probably a better way - honestly, Ive only got 3 grows separating me from being a total noob, and I've never made LC, so this idea is a work in progress for sure.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2024 | 2025 | 2026 | 2027 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* quick question evilacid 514 5 03/13/03 05:25 PM
by evilacid
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,159,639 topic views. 12 members, 67 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.06 seconds spending 0.034 seconds on 18 queries.